Profile for Bob > Reviews

Bob

Vinci: Artaserse (DVD) [2014] [NTSC]
Vinci: Artaserse (DVD) [2014] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Philippe Jaroussky

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every way - production, musical interpretation.Amazing!, 1 Jun. 2014
I bought this based on a clip I had seen on Youtube. It's a joy to watch - fantastic costumes, staging, the orchestra is excellent and the singing sublime.

Pillars of Salt
Pillars of Salt
by Fadia Faqir

3.0 out of 5 stars It didn't move me!, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Pillars of Salt (Paperback)
Prompt service but the book itself was only OK - I've read it but I wouldn't read it again and I doubt I'd recommend it.

Lone Ranger And Tonto Fistfight In Heaven
Lone Ranger And Tonto Fistfight In Heaven
by Sherman Alexie

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read!, 19 May 2014
An excellent, easy read with insights into the world of the Native American. The film version (Smoke Signals) is also excellent.

5 Star Treasury Tags Plastic-ended 25mm Red [Pack of 100]
5 Star Treasury Tags Plastic-ended 25mm Red [Pack of 100]

1.0 out of 5 stars Postage extremely high and service poor., 19 May 2014
The first delivery "went missing" and so it took a month before I had the goods. The parcel, when it arrived, weighed 121grams, including packaging and delivery note, for which I had been charged 26 pounds, a standard international rate! The Post Office offers registered post for this weight for under 5 pounds. I raised the issue with the seller but got no reply. My recommendation, based on my own and the comments of others about this company concerning "lost" deliveries, it to avoid them and find another supplier.
I think Amazon should remove them from the listings as they do not give a good image to an otherwise excellent site.

Rivals - Arias for Farinelli & Co.
Rivals - Arias for Farinelli & Co.
Offered by all my music

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunned of the Netherlands!, 26 April 2014
A remarkable album from a remarkable singer. I can't wait for the following release - a beautiful, versatile and rich voice, excellent musicality and a fantastic range. I recommend this album to anyone who loves the Baroque, red in tooth and claw.

The Cambridge Companion to Ben Jonson (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
The Cambridge Companion to Ben Jonson (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
by Robert C. Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 6 April 2011
A companion to Ben Jonson which is, in itself, extremely readable. Many scholarly works are thorough but do not inspire enjoyment because of their over-use of obscure structures and vocabulary.

This companion is able to combine thoroughness and academic rigour AND remain easily digestible and accessible.