Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Lexi > Reviews

Content by Lexi

Lexi

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Pretty Perfect Toy -- A Temptation Court Contemporary Romance: Temptation Court: Passion in New York City

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, hot, emotional reading, 25 Sept. 2016
I should start by saying I have yet to read anything by this author I haven't enjoyed. This series is no different! I read the first book Naughty Little Gift and immediately bought this one and when I finished this book I preordered the last book in the trilogy (it's that good!) However it is a trilogy so read book 1 first before reading this one or you are missing out (also if you have read the Cimarron series too you get even more value but is not essential)

In book 2 it is great to see the characters of Cassian and Mishella grow and evolve, they are not static 2D beings but beautiful characters brought to life by Angel Payne. Just as Cassian confronts the demons in his past and lets Mishella in that same past comes back to bite them in totally unexpected ways. As a reader I was totally engrossed in whether their new love could weather the storm.

It's quite hard reviewing book 2 in a trilogy without giving a lot a way but I will say that this book is emotional, the sex was HOT and I cannot wait for book 3! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Naughty Little Gift -- A Temptation Court Contemporary Romance: Temptation Court: Passion in New York City

5.0 out of 5 stars A great start to the series, 25 Sept. 2016
I have yet to read anything by Angel Payne that I have not enjoyed. I loved The Cimarron series and when I heard there would be a spin off I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I am happy to say that it didn't disappoint!

Mishella has lived her whole life on the island of Arcadia. Cassian is American, wealthy and has secrets he is hiding. As soon as they meet there is something between them that results in Cassian making a fairly shocking offer that causes Mishella to find herself leaving her home and going back to New York with him for the next 6 months.

Mishella quickly finds herself falling for Cassian but fears that after 6 months he will send her and her broken heart back to Arcadia.

Cassian soon realises 6 months isn't going to be enough to get Mishella out of his system but can he face his past and allow himself to envisage a future with Mishella.

A great start to the series and as soon as I finished it I downloaded book 2 to find out what happens next!

The Assassins of Youth MC Box Set (Books 1-2)
The Assassins of Youth MC Box Set (Books 1-2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's of Youth MC Books 1&2, 4 Sept. 2016
I have enjoyed Layla's other series in the past and The Assassin's of Youth MC series is an interesting new series that has a bit of a different feel to her previous books (especially with the Mormon commune!) This new compilation brings you the first two books in one installment (which can only be a good thing in my opinion!)

It took me a while to get into the first book and connect with the characters, however once I had I really enjoyed this book. Although it has its moments it didn't feel as naughty as some of Layla's other offerings but I liked the spark between Gideon and Mahalia. In this first book while telling Mahalia and Gideon's story Layla did a great job of introducing lots of characters and by the time I reached the end I was already looking forward to seeing how this series and the characters in this new MC chapter develop in book 2

The second book in theory could be read as a standalone book but in this boxset reading it straight after Through a Glass Darkly was great as it builds on the world from the first book.

A Leap in The Dark centres around Levon, a 'lost boy' turned brothel owner/worker and Oaklyn, a nurse and sister of Mahalia from the first book. They pretty much hate each other on principle at the start of the story and it's great watching their relationship develop as they realise that you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Levon relocates to Avalanche to try and go straight while also keeping an eye on Deloy a fellow lost boy. In doing so he can no longer hide from his past that caused him to become a lost boy but he now isn't alone and has Oaklyn, Deloy and the rest of the Assassins of Youth MC watching his back.

In my opinion A Leap in the Dark is my favourite of all of Layla's books I've read. The description is vivid and sucks you in. The characters have depth and engage you. I devoured the whole book in 24 hours.

I am already looking forward to seeing what else Layla can bring to this series but I will say that I especially loved the side character of Deloy, I hope he gets his own book in the future as I'd love to see more of his character!

Shelter From The Storm (The Bare Bones MC Book 6)
Shelter From The Storm (The Bare Bones MC Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitman meets WITSEC, 1 May 2016
It was great getting back to The Bare Bones MC as it has been a little while and although this book can be read as a standalone I have read all the others in the series and it was like visiting old friends. (Plus the cover is awesome!)

I loved the new characters in this book. Pippa is a strong female lead and resonated with the scientist in me. She brought great chemistry to the book in more ways than one! I thought she was very true to herself and was a perfect complement to Fox. What can i say about Fox? He's the red headed hitman with a heart.

I don't want to give away the twists in the book but it's a great read that flows really well. If you're a fan of the series already you won't be disappointed and if this is your first dip into Layla's Bare Bones MC/Bent Zealots MC/Assassins of Youth MC world then dive in its a great place to swim!

A Leap in the Dark (Assassins of Youth MC Book 2)
A Leap in the Dark (Assassins of Youth MC Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant second installment in the Assassins of Youth MC series, 6 Mar. 2016
This is a standalone book but if you read Through A Glass, Darkly first it's even better as it builds on the world from the first book.

The books centres around Levon, a 'lost boy' turned brothel owner/worker and Oaklyn, a nurse and sister of Mahalia from the first book. They pretty much hate each other on principle at the start of the story and it's great watching their relationship develop as they realise that you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Levon relocates to Avalanche to try and go straight while also keeping an eye on Deloy a fellow lost boy. In doing so he can no longer hide from his past that caused him to become a lost boy but he now isn't alone and has Oaklyn, Deloy and the rest of the Assassins of Youth MC watching his back.

In my opinion this is my favourite of Layla's books. The description is vivid and sucks you in. The characters have depth and engage you. I devoured the whole book in 24 hours. I look forward to seeing what else Layla can bring to this series but I will say that I especially loved the side character of Deloy, I hope he gets his own book in the future as I'd love to see more of his character!

Through A Glass, Darkly (Assassins of Youth MC Book 1)
Through A Glass, Darkly (Assassins of Youth MC Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting new MC read, 27 Dec. 2015
I have enjoyed Layla's other series in the past and was lucky enough to get a copy of Through A Glass, Darkly to read and review. This is a new series and a has a bit of a different feel to her previous books (especially with the Mormon commune!) It took me a while to get into the book and connect with the characters, however once I had I really enjoyed this book. Although it has its moments it didn't feel as naughty as some of Layla's other offerings but I liked the spark between Gideon and Mahalia. I look forward to seeing how this series and the characters in the new MC chapter develop as the series progresses. In this book while telling Mahalia and Gideon's story Layla has done a great job of introducing lots of characters that I imagine will have great future storylines and I for one look forward to hearing their stories in the future!

A Lone Stranger (gay biker MC erotic romance) (The Bent Zealots MC Book 3)
A Lone Stranger (gay biker MC erotic romance) (The Bent Zealots MC Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MM MC read!, 20 Oct. 2015
I've been lucky enough to read all three of Layla Wolfe's Bent Zealots MC series and this was probably my favourite. A Lone Stranger follows Harte and Bond as they explore their sexuality and their new life as the new guys in the Bent Zealots club. The book reads really well and is very nicely paced which kept me as a reader engaged and routing for the characters. If you like MC books and MM then read this you won't be disappointed, I look forward to seeing where Layla takes this series and can't wait for the next installment.

A New World Order
A New World Order

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 April 2015
This review is from: A New World Order (Kindle Edition)
As with any book where a 'new' world is being introduced (this book obviously being set in the future where the rules of society as we know it have changed significantly) it took a couple of chapters to really get into it and up to speed but then the story took off. (Also note that at the end of the book is a glossary of terms that helped!) I loved the two heroes and I loved how they went about teasing Keira - the dance in the club and their first union in the office were seriously hot!!!

I really enjoyed this book and hope it is the start of a new series.

Nobody's Dream (Rescue Me Saga #6)
Nobody's Dream (Rescue Me Saga #6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Luke!, 10 April 2015
This book is very different from others in the Rescue Me Saga. There is none of the BDSM and kink of the earlier books but given Cassie's rape history I was glad it was a gentle road to recovery for her gentle soul. What there is though is a very very very patient man in Luke who uses all his skills with animals and Dom skills and his 'need to be needed' to give Cassie a safe place to overcome some deep seated fears and find healing. I loved this book as it felt like a big hug in a book! Luke is forever now going to be one of my favourite book boyfriends!

(It was nice to see appearances from all of the other characters from the saga popping up at different points through the story. Karla finally gets to give birth!)

The Reclamation (The Club Series Book 2)
The Reclamation (The Club Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 Mar. 2015
The second book in Jonas & Sarah's story is just as fast paced as the first and I devoured it in less than a day but has the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers! I am SOOOO glad part 3 is already out as I would have had a minor breakdown otherwise waiting for the final installment! Instead I just happily one clicked and am diving straight in now!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9