Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now
Profile for A > Reviews

Content by A

A

Bumper Explorer Solo Trailer
Bumper Explorer Solo Trailer

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm loving it!, 31 Mar. 2011
I have bought this trailer about 2 weeks ago and I've been using it almost everyday and I am very happy with it.

Good points
It's sturdy and very easy to set up. Attaching and detaching it from my bike was easy and don't take me more then a few mins. I had not problems with the wheels as some reviewer has mentioned. It even attaches to my husband's folding bike which is perfect!
Slim and looks quite stable. I cycled through the park on the grass and it coped well.
Pretty weather proof (I guess). I went out when it was drizzling and my son was fine after about half an hour ride. I haven't had the chance to try it out in a proper rainy day.
Quite easy to steer in buggy mode. I'm not too sure how well it would have flared off road, but it worked for me in my local high street. I had no problems getting in and out of shops. I was so happy with it and did too much shopping and it was quite a challenge to cycle back home.
My son is loving it! He climb right in it as soon as he sees it! He can eat his snack and have his drink in hand.
He has fallen asleep in it a few times and seemed really comfortable.

Not so good points.
The insect net and the rain cover that's coving it are a bit too short. Saying that, if I pull them right down with force, I can still fasten them with no problems.
I guess it's probably not completely weather proof and the rain can get through the sides in heavy downpour. A little DIY could solve the problem though...
The seat doesn't look very comfortable and yes, my son had problem with sitting inside with his helmet on. But it was sorted by placing a cushion behind him. This also solved the problem some people has mentioned about the length of the piece of fabric that goes between the child's legs.
Folding in the tow arm can be tricky when child is in the trailer. Although I just tiled the trailer backwards (with people staring at me as they walked pass me), and fold the arm under. My son didn't complain so I guess it wasn't too uncomfortable. I even managed it when he was asleep in it without waking him. I tends to leave it out if I'm just pushing it in and out of buildings, i.e., when I go to playgroups.
It doesn't look like it has a lot of space above his head once he has his helmet on so I'm not too sure how long we can use it for. But for the time being, it's perfect!

In conclusion, I'm very happy with it. It does everything it says on the box. Yes, it has a made in china feel, but after all, it's only £100. Just how can one complain!