Profile for Kievill > Reviews

Content by Kievill

Kievill

Minx M5 Multimedia Speaker System for PC, Mac, laptop and desktop computers
Minx M5 Multimedia Speaker System for PC, Mac, laptop and desktop computers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and customer service, despite some delivery issues, 14 Jan. 2014
I bought these speakers knowing that I would get the best value for money - great sounding speakers without breaking the bank. I am pleased to say that I am not disappointed with the aulity of this product.

I did however have a small issue with the delivery, in that the package was missing a component. The component in question was a small plastic speaker "stand" (two should have been provided, but I only got one). This part is almost inconsequential to the function of the speakers, but it was disappointing none the less not to have it.

I contacted Amazon customer services who were quick to offer me either a full refund, or a partial refund if I wanted to keep the product. Since everything else was functioning perfectly, I opted for the partial refund.

I also contacted Cambridge Audio, who while a little slow to respond, eventually sent me the missing part at no cost to myself.

Overall I was impressed with the customer service of both Amazon and Cambridge Audio, who offered me hassle free solutions to the issues I was experiencing. Obviously the sort of service that will win my custom again in the future.

Corsair TX750V2 Enthusiast Series 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
Corsair TX750V2 Enthusiast Series 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not that quiet, 12 Mar. 2012
Bought this about a month ago based on the positive feedback on this site. I installed this in my PC and the first thing I noticed was that it was louder than everything else in the PC, including my graphics card! I was totally shocked, not what I expected at all.

The Corsair website describes this unit as having an "ultra-quiet" fan and the PSU having "exceptionally low noise levels". I disagree. This kind of marketing suggests this PSU should be quieter than other components in your setup (such as your GPU). A little more digging reveals that this PSU has a noise output of 25dB at low power loads; compare that to the AX750 which supposedly has 0 dB output (fanless mode) at the same loading.

While the TX750 isn't exceptionally loud, I would go for the Corsair AX750 or AX850 if you want to build a truely silent PC.

Good PSU overall, and solid build, but not as quiet as you might think going by other customers comments or the hype on the Corsair website. Spend a little more and get something that is truly quiet (like the AX range from Corsair) if that is what you are after.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2012 10:22 PM BST

Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII PCI-E Graphics Card
Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII PCI-E Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card even in an old PC, 26 Feb. 2012
Got this graphics card a few weeks ago as a replacement for my XFX HD4870 and so far I am very pleased with my purchase. I have this card installed in a 4 year-old Packard Bell PC and yet the performance of the graphics card doesn't seem limited by this old setup. It also runs a lot quieter, and cooler, than my old HD4870.

The relevant specs of my current system are:

MCP73VT-PM motherboard
PCIE (1.1) x 16 slot
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM @ 400 MHz
Corsair TX750 PSU (upgraded from the original 250W PSU)
ASUS GTX560 Ti DCII

I have run a couple of graphics benchmarking checks (using the stock card frequencies) and compared these against a few review sites that are using better test rigs but the same graphics card. Here are a few results:

Unigine 2.5 Benchmark (1920x1080 @ 8xMSAA, 16xAF, Tessellation: Normal, Shaders: High)
- My GTX 560 Ti setup: 24.3 FPS (avg)
- "HiTech Legion" setup (Intel Core i7 2600K, ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution motherboard, 4GB RAM @ 1600 MHz): 24.6 FPS (avg)

AvP Benchmark Tool (1920x1080 @ 4xMSAA, 16xAF, SSAO, Ultra-high Settings)
- My GTX 560 Ti setup: 33.6 FPS (avg)
- "Tom's Hardware" setup (Intel Core i7 2600K, ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution motherboard, 8GB RAM @ 1333 MHz): 32.6 FPS (avg)

3DMark11 Benchmark (Performance preset)
- My GTX 560 Ti setup: 4350 GPU Score
- "Tom's Hardware" setup (Intel Core i7 2600K, ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution motherboard, 8GB RAM @ 1333 MHz): 4186 GPU Score

As can be seen, there appears to be no degradation in performance using the ASUS GTX 560 Ti with an older rig which supports PCIE x16. If you are on a budget and simply looking to upgrade a slightly older PC, then I thoroughly recommend this card.