Profile for Strollingby > Reviews

Content by Strollingby

Strollingby "Here" (england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)
The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a book I could recommend., 11 Sept. 2014
An OK story, but not a page turner. Too much of a mix up between Irish and Liverpudlian. The grandmother comes over from Ireland and calls her grandchild 'queen', not an Irish coloquialism but a Liverpool one, so she would not have used this terminology.The telling of the story is choppy and confusing as to what year they are in at any time. Not a book I could recommend.

Strumpet City One City One Book edition: Reissue of one of the best Irish novels of the 20th century with an introduction by Fintan O'Toole

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 Aug. 2014
A classic tale of the Dublin lockouts in 1913. Real, gritty and often heartbreaking.

Belle: The True Story of Dido Belle
Belle: The True Story of Dido Belle

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not the story of Dido Belle, in ..., 9 July 2014
This is not the story of Dido Belle, in fact the author makes it perfectly clear that she hasn't got any definitive history of the girl. I grew tired of reading the history of the slave trade, and that is not what the blurb says this book is about. Very disappointing.

Belle
Belle

1.0 out of 5 stars Really, don't bother., 5 July 2014
This review is from: Belle (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book in error, thinking I was purchasing another Belle. However I decided to read it; and I am sorry I bothered.

Russell Hobbs 18943 Colours Kettle - Cream
Russell Hobbs 18943 Colours Kettle - Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand little kettle, 27 Feb. 2014
Goes lovely with the toaster I already had. The cream colour is warm and the overall appearance of the kettle is quite smart.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 27 Feb. 2014
Really happy with this bedding; I was a bit worried when I saw someone else's review stating that it wasn't very soft, but perhaps they have especially sensitive skin, or just wanted to boast about where they normally buy their bedding. For the price, this is really good value.

Joe Browns Women's Singing Owl Dress Black (14)
Joe Browns Women's Singing Owl Dress Black (14)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 27 Feb. 2014
This is one of my favourite dresses, soft material, really comfortable to wear, and gets compliments every time I wear it.

JML Shower feet - Blue
JML Shower feet - Blue
Offered by Chemist Counter Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed review, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: JML Shower feet - Blue
Sadly, I cannot use this item. I had so been looking forward to receiving it, only to discover that whenever I put my ultra sensitive feet anywhere near it, it tickles like crazy.

However, as my husband thinks it is the best invention since the wheel, I felt it only fair to give it the deserved 5 stars. He has a severe back injury, and until I bought the shower foot he has struggled. He doesn't have particularly sensitive feet, so this item is wonderful for him, and I am sure it would be for anyone why can get past the tickling part.

White's Coinmaster Pro Metal Detector
White's Coinmaster Pro Metal Detector

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 25 Jan. 2014
Bought this as a gift; the recipient is very pleased with its quality. A very good product. Sturdy and well made.

The Firebrand
The Firebrand

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Firebrand (Kindle Edition)
Am reading this book for the second time, having read it some years ago. The story of Kassandra of Troy is wonderfully told, bringing the legend of Troy to life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3