Profile for Catherine > Reviews

Spilled Water
Spilled Water
by Sally Grindley

4.0 out of 5 stars I would give this book 4 1/2 stars, really, 18 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Spilled Water (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book - it was quick and easy to read. It is about a girl in China whose Father dies. She has to go and work. It's her life told in a way that you can relate to.

Tell Me I'm OK Really
Tell Me I'm OK Really
by Rosie Rushton

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book but it took a while to get me interested, 18 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Tell Me I'm OK Really (Paperback)
Overall this was a really good book. It tackled severe depression in an excellent and caring way. It shows how hard it is for Georgie, but it also shows it from other people's point of view. Lessons can definetely be learned from reading this book. I don't tend to like Rosie Rushton's writing style, but this was definetely very good.

My Story: Voyage On The Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Anne Brady, 1912
My Story: Voyage On The Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Anne Brady, 1912
by Ellen Emerson White

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 30 Sept. 2006
I enjoyed this book.

It's the fictional diary of a gorl called Margaret Ann Brady. She was on the Titanic and it describes her experiences before and during the time that it sunk.

No Way am I Living with Her!
No Way am I Living with Her!
by C. A. Plaisted

4.0 out of 5 stars This book good but common, 28 Sept. 2006
There are so many books around about step-families any books about that subject should be something different, special and unusual. This book was a good story, but common.

It's about a girl who has to live with her Mum's boyfriend's family. She doesn't like his daughters because she thinks that they are too posh. Like a lot of books with this subject, there is a happy ending.

The Wedding Planner's Daughter
The Wedding Planner's Daughter
by Coleen Paratore

4.0 out of 5 stars I have to say that I HATED the cover!, 26 Sept. 2006
The cover put me off this book a bit because of the pink-ness of it and the hearts and things, but inside, the book told a good story, once it got going.

You could really feel for Willa as she has to put up with her Mum and moving house so often. I loved the way that Cape Cod was described -it made me picture it and it made me want to live there. This is a very good book for 10-13 year olds.

Baby Blue (Puffin Teenage Fiction)
Baby Blue (Puffin Teenage Fiction)
by Julia Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first because it was slightly boring in places, 26 Sept. 2006
Read the first one (Blue Moon), before you read this one!

I really enjoyed this book! I'm glad that there is a second one. This book tells the story of Mia after she has had her baby, Kai. It tells of her relationship with Will, her relationships with her friends, her relationship with her Dad and with Kai. It talks about how life is for her now that she has had Kai. It was an excellent book and I really reccomend it.

True Believer
True Believer
by Virginia Euwer Wolff

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book!, 20 Sept. 2006
This review is from: True Believer (Paperback)
I thought that this book wasn't quite up to the same standard as the other, but it very, very nearly was. Before you read this book, read Make Lemonade because it's the first in the series. This book continues LaVaughn's life and her continuing quest to get to college. Well written in a very interesting verse style. Virginia Euwer Wolff has a unique style of writing.

Make Lemonade (FF Childrens Classics)
Make Lemonade (FF Childrens Classics)
by Virginia Euwer Wolff
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely excellent book!, 20 Sept. 2006
V. good book (in fact a v.excellent book!) about a girl called LaVaughn who decides to help a single Mother of two kids and about LaVaughn's decision NOT to be like the rest of her family and the rest of society. After reading this book, read True Believer, the follow-up.

Whatever Happened to My Little Girl?: Secret Thoughts of a Worried Father (Zzz)
Whatever Happened to My Little Girl?: Secret Thoughts of a Worried Father (Zzz)
by Stan Cullimore

4.0 out of 5 stars Really funny, 20 Sept. 2006
I thought that this book was really good and really funny. I could really relate to Tammy!

When Peter's wife goes away, he writes her letters to tell her about life at home.

The Definitive Monkees
The Definitive Monkees

3.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 15 Sept. 2006
This review is from: The Definitive Monkees (Audio CD)
This album contains the most well-known Monkees classics:
The Monkees theme tune
Last train to Clarksville
I'm a believer

and many others

I have enjoyed this album and the variety of songs it contains
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2011 12:34 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13