Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Fitbit
Profile for Ian Norris > Reviews

Content by Ian Norris

Ian Norris "icStatic" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fintie Premium Vegan Leather Folio Stand Cover with Stylus Loop for NeuTab N10 Plus 10.1 Inch, Yuntab Quad-core 10.1 inch, neoCore N1 10.1 inch (2015 Edition), rotor 10.1 inch Android Tablet,Black
Offered by Fintie EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good fit for neoCore N1, 8 Jan. 2017
This is a good quality product but it does NOT fit the neoCore N1 properly. The N1 has it's camera on the wrong side meaning if you want the camera to work you have to rotate the product so it opens backwards. It does fit, but the power button is under one of the straps and it being backwards is obviously not great.

OxyLED Motion Sensor Wardrobe Light, 10 LED Cabinet Light,Wireless PIR Motion Sensor Light Bar,LED Night Light,Battery Powered,with Stick-on Magnetic Strip for Closet Cabinet Wardrobe Stair Washroom
Offered by Elecsmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Dec. 2015
I've been holding off reviewing this until I knew what the battery life was like. We use it as a night light for late night trips to the toilet to our en-suite and after 6 months the original batteries are still going. I'd say it is doing pretty well. It is surprisingly bright, we ended up having to put masking tape on it so it isn't so glaring - even facing down away from your eyes - but this means it should nicely light up larger spaces too. The timer is quite short so it won't waste the battery, but it would be nice if it was just a few seconds longer - not enough to dock a star though.

Sick of This Shit [Explicit]
Sick of This Shit [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars An amusing way of sticking it to the man. ..., 1 May 2015
An amusing way of sticking it to the man. Proceeds go to the Trussell Trust, the charity that manages the food banks, a group that most definitely needs extra funding after a term of the coalition.

Artis Motion Activated PIR Sensor Cordless Security Light
Artis Motion Activated PIR Sensor Cordless Security Light

4.0 out of 5 stars The item is pretty good for the price, 13 Jan. 2015
The item is pretty good for the price. It is not incredibly bright, but is more than adequate for what we bought it for - illuminating the front door so you can see where to put your keys. It comes with both screws and a double sided sticky pad, the sticky pad was completely useless outdoors even sheltered, I guess the glue doesn't hold if the temperature is too low, luckily I assumed this would be the case and mounted with one screw as a backup anyway. When the glue did eventually fail mounting it with the screws wasn't too much hassle, but if you buy this I'd skip the pad and go straight to the screws if you put it outside.

This Is It
This Is It
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Betas - Season 1 (Amazon Video)
As a geek and programmer I found Betas entertaining, but I did find it quite squirm inducing at times. For a show that comes across as wanting to be semi-authentic (or maybe that was just wishful thinking) I found it a little too fake in places. Maybe it's what people actually say in the bay area but I found the constant shortening of words to be quite uncomfortable to watch, and the fake 'compiling' screen and the coding competition - while entertaining to watch - really pulled me out of it. Even my SO picked up on these obviously fake moments.

Despite its flaws I think the series has a lot of potential - I thought the ending of the first season was excellent, and I was really starting to like the characters by the end. I really do hope they greenlight a second season. Betas took a little while to really find itself, I hope this didn't put too many people off it because I was really enjoying it by the end.

Interlude
Interlude

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Interlude (MP3 Download)
If you like their style this album is more of the same, and that is a good thing - they didn't mess with a good formula. If you like this also check out their album April Rain.

The Piano Guys 2
The Piano Guys 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful as always, 8 May 2013
This review is from: The Piano Guys 2 (MP3 Download)
Yet another stunning collection of tracks. I doubt The Piano Guys will ever produce a bad song never mind a bad album. There are some nice cameos by Megan Nicole, Alex Goot and Lindsey Stirling on the album too.

Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive
Offered by Those IT Guys - VAT Registered - UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, 7 Jan. 2013
I bought the 840 Pro as an upgrade to my Intel X25-M (which was a high end SSD from 2008), and the 840 Pro smokes it. I've not had any issues with it yet (touch wood) but very few people seem to have problems with Samsung SSDs.

Read one of the many full reviews on sites like Anandtech or HardOCP for performance metrics, but if you are looking at this SSD then you probably already have.

The drive is not cheap, but if you really care about performance then the extra cost is worth it.

Note I can only speak for the 840 Pro, not the 840 series - which are a totally different range.

The Story of Science [DVD]
The Story of Science [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Story of Science [DVD] (DVD)
I found the entirety of this set absolutely fascinating. The series explores the people, experiments and ideas that shaped our understanding of the universe - from the telescope, to the discovery of DNA. The bonus feature on Cells is quite honestly almost as good as the rest of the series and could probably have stood alone. The last part of the Cell feature covers cutting edge research still being done at universities like Harvard, and some of it will blow your mind!

Samsung Series 7 Chronos 700Z 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i5 2450M 2.5GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD-R, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 2 Sept. 2012
I've had this laptop a few weeks and I have made some observations about it that prospective buyers may find useful.

First, note that the cheaper i5 version of this laptop does not have a number of features that are listed as features on reviews and on the website. These include:
* Discrete graphics
* Backlit keyboard
* A small caching SSD

I felt a bit cheated when I got it to find that these things were missing (Amazon does hint at this, but the Samsung website makes no effort to clarify the missing features).

The laptop has the following plus points:
* The laptop feels solid and well made
* Fairly light for a 15"
* The screen resolution is much higher than the average at this price
* Battery life seems decent
* Quiet
* The recovery disc that comes with the laptop is a full Windows install disc (for once)

The negatives:
* The trackpad (which others have complained about profusely) is mediocre at best. Luckily I don't use it much. I often find myself right clicking instead of left clicking.
* Samsung software is buggy. It seems to love disabling the wifi, and pressing the wifi button on the keyboard brings up the configuration tool a few minutes later instead of just toggling the setting like you would expect.
* Viewing angle on the screen is pretty awful, it was pretty much unusable on a plane as a result.

Don't expect great gaming results out of this laptop, I bought this because I am a games developer and wanted my new laptop to have low-end hardware with which to test on, and it did even worse than I expected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3