Profile for John Nichols > Reviews

Content by John Nichols

John Nichols "It has taken me 32 years to start to understand myself. I have now started a new journey and enjoying every step." (Bristol)

60 LED Electronic Wristwatch, Digital Watch With Unusual Design and Black Leather
Offered by Efine

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't keep time., 10 Mar. 2015
So after reading previous reviews I knew the watch strap was cheap and useless. I bought the watch for it's funky design and as a talking piece. I replaced the strap with one of my own and, in my opinion, in looked great. Unfortunately when it came to wearing the watch it failed to keep correct time. To set the time you turn the watch on, then hold the watch face to change the hour and minutes (instructions have been put in other comments). However, when I wore the watch it kept being activated under my clothing and subsequently kept changing time, thus making it useless as a time piece.

Sennheiser PCX95 Lightweight In-Ear Neckband Headphone
Sennheiser PCX95 Lightweight In-Ear Neckband Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should try these out., 10 Mar. 2015
Am not experienced in differing sound qualities etc, but these headphones are great for me.

They fit well and play the music brilliantly. Previously I have tried in-ear phones without neckbands and found you have to really jam them into the ear canal, this in turn caused problems with my hearing. I tried over ear phones but they let too much noise in. These are the best of both worlds. They do let a certain amount of noise in, which I like, since when walking/cycling you need to be slightly aware of your surroundings.

Would recommend everyone gets a pair.

GearIt Nokia Lumia 635 630 Case - High Impact Hybrid Armor Dual Layer Cover Stand Holster (AT&T, MetroPCS, & T-Mobile) - Magenta

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 10 Mar. 2015
Great product and has saved my phone a number of times. Only wish it came in another colour, but apart from that the product fits my Nokia 635 perfectly and still allows me to use all the keys.

Beadsmith One Step Big Looper Tool3mm, Acrylic, Multicoloured
Beadsmith One Step Big Looper Tool3mm, Acrylic, Multicoloured
Offered by BeadaholiqueUK

5.0 out of 5 stars SO easy to make loops, 10 Mar. 2015
A wonderful product. SO easy to make loops and a great help when making jewellery and bead work. Had to get the larger looper so could make even more items.

Enema Big Bulb Rubber - 750 ml. - PIC
Enema Big Bulb Rubber - 750 ml. - PIC

1.0 out of 5 stars Eyes bigger than hands, 10 Mar. 2015
The item is too large to use for an enema. I thought a large bulb would be better than some of the smaller ones on the market, unfortunately I was wrong. Due to its size it is very hard to fill up, the rubber does not have enough strength to draw all the water needed. Further more because of its size you need to be a contortionist to use it- it is a two hand job.

The Nutritional Yeast Cookbook: Recipes Using Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula: Recipes Featuring Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula Flakes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but doesn't really work on a kindle., 16 Mar. 2013
The book itself is informative and gives you great guidance on how to use Nutritional Yeast. The only flaw is the medium. I bought the kindle edition and have found a problem. It is not easy to flick through and find a recipe. The kindle medium works well for books where you go in one direction only, but with recipe books I like to skip sections, mark recipes I want to try and generally play about whilst I am in the kitchen- a Kindle does not allow you to do this. So if you are thinking of buying this book get it in paperback.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Mis-leading name- not "Razorsharp", 16 Mar. 2013
I bought this scythette after reading the reviews. I was not expecting something with lethal sharpness but was expecting something with an edge to it. The blade comes blunt. There is no edge to it. It would have been better to have taken one of my kitchen knives out into the garden to cut down the weeds.

Due to the structure of the blade it is also very difficult to put an edge on. At the rear of the blade there is a ridge that runs from tip to handle, this ridge stops the ability to clamp and put a good edge on.

The product does not work like a scythe either. The motion you use is completely different. There was no benefit to having the item.

i-Dog Black (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk)
i-Dog Black (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real boys toy!, 21 Mar. 2006
Got given this by my bro for my birthday and what a present! Got it out of the box this morning and its now sitting next to me as I type. Its cool enough not too look geeky, and looks sleek enough to look moderately grown up! A definite must to any stereo system, work station or bed side radio. Am looking forward to taking it long trips in the car with me- give me some entertainment on the dashboard! Cheers David- great present!