Profile for TheFrogster > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Bomb Girls
The Bomb Girls

3.0 out of 5 stars I quite liked this easy read, 25 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Bomb Girls (Kindle Edition)
I quite liked this easy read. However, it lost its allure a bit when phrases such as 'thinking outside the box' were used, as this is a relatively modern saying and hard to believe it was used in the 40's! There were other examples of this throughout the book, I like to really believe in what I'm reading and I felt too much was crammed into this story, which, in my opinion lacked depth.

Return To Bluebell Hill
Return To Bluebell Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant Enough Read, 2 May 2016
This was a 'nice' story and an easy read. However, there were so many gaps left for the reader to guess, that instead of being a really good story, it was, in my opinion, mediocre.

Behind Closed Doors: The gripping psychological thriller everyone is raving about

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best, 7 April 2016
This story had me gripped right from the start! I thoroughly enjoyed the twists and turns. Unusually, I didn't work out the ending too much in advance. I am looking forward to reading more books from B A Parris.

The Little Shop of Happy-Ever-After
The Little Shop of Happy-Ever-After

4.0 out of 5 stars A relaxing read, 30 Mar. 2016
I really enjoyed this story. I usually read crime thrillers and this was a pleasant change. Easy going, but with a good story line. It relaxed my brain after a long day! I liked the characters and although the ending was predictable, that didn't matter one bit! I shall be reading more stories from Jenny Colgan.

The Poet's Wife: An unforgettable historical family saga
The Poet's Wife: An unforgettable historical family saga

4.0 out of 5 stars An eye-opener for any novice of Spanish history, 5 Mar. 2016
I enjoyed this novel. It was interesting to read about a period in history of which I knew very little. We sped through the events of this period and I would have liked a bit more detail of the historic events. However, this is a novel and not a history lesson! Overall, an entertaining read.

The World of David Walliams: Mega Box set
The World of David Walliams: Mega Box set
by David Walliams

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Buy, 28 Jan. 2016
I bought this for my Grandson, aged 8. He is so pleased with it and so am I. It is nice to have a whole set at a reasonable price, instead of buying each one separately. David Walliams' writes brilliant stories for children and its so nice to see a child read instead of playing on their tablets!

False Impression
False Impression

5.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked!, 3 Sept. 2015
This review is from: False Impression (Kindle Edition)
A Jeffrey Archer classic! He never disappoints! Good story, very well written. It kept me hooked until the last page.

The Runaway Family
The Runaway Family

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 18 Aug. 2015
A traumatic story which had me gripped from beginning to end!

The Eleventh Commandment
The Eleventh Commandment

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Story, 23 July 2015
I really enjoyed this book. The story had many twists to it, which made me want to turn the page, to see the next one! Thoroughly gripping read!

Orphan Girl
Orphan Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Orphan Girl (Kindle Edition)
I like stories where the woman beats the odds and this didn't disappoint. Well written and well thought out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6