Profile for Holly. > Reviews

Content by Holly.

Holly. (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
...to the moon and back (Anne Book 1)
...to the moon and back (Anne Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, Gripping Must Read...., 28 July 2016
To The Moon And Back PATRICIA ASEDEGBEGA NIETO

Wow!!! To The Moon And Back is one emotional and gripping read, with relatable character’s who take you on a very personal and emotional journey that will leave your heart pounding, emotions running high and praying for things to work out for Anne and her life…

The story itself… Follows Anne as she collapses outside and is helped Adrian who see her bleeding and insists she goes to his hospital. He does tests on her and makes a heartbreaking discovery that would change her life in ways she could never could have for-seen as she sit to write a letter to the man she loved to tell him all…. Will she survive her diagnosis or will her fight be in vain for a life she longs for? Read this heart-warming emotional and gripping book….

I thought Patricia did a great job a portraying how getting the worst kinda news and knowing that you don’t have the money yet to even begin to fight it…. I could feel Anne’s fear that her life could be over, that her marriage too. And there isn’t a thing she can do about it…. Even with time ticking away… I think a lot of the things mentions in this book is very real thought process that some women go through what Anne did.

I thought the ending was very surprising and left a few question in the air for another book with a lot of the interesting characters throughout.

If you like reading books with an emotional message and a journey of Anne as she faces some of the more emotional and hard times in her life. As well as follows lots of quirky and interesting characters along the way this books a must read. I couldn’t put this book down until I had read the end…

How to Seduce a Queen: A Medieval Romance Novel
How to Seduce a Queen: A Medieval Romance Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Gripping story, with lots of twists and turns...., 26 July 2016
How To Seduce A Queen: A Medieval Romance...

How To Seduce A Queen is a very gripping novel with lots of twists and turns and interesting characters... I liked Fay she was a strong woman and didn't give into the men around her........

The story itself...

This Is a journey were Fay becomes attracted to a monk -a man below her station and falls in love., it's a gripping tale with passionate steamy moments -- Nicholas is posing as monk so he can enter the castle and seduce Fay without causing trouble. But even-though she knows him as Sir Nicholas d Bruce of whom she'd had a thing with that didn't go as she first thought, he convinces her that it isn't so and he's the step brother....who is very committed to God and his religion, Feeling him to be truthful she lets her guard down.. However, even though she know it's wrong, when she is alone with the monk things soon become heated between them. I think this novel takes the reader through lots of emotions as well and the end doesn't disappoint.

What I liked about the book was the old English feel to it... I thought the Stella did a great job with this and it read flawlessly. I also loved all the twists and turns in the story right up until the end. I would defiantly read more book by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars BABY, Gripping, Chilling Read!!, 15 July 2016
This review is from: Baby (Kindle Edition)

by Marie Campbell

Baby by Marie Campbell is a very gripping, emotional and chilling story. I read this book within a night the chapters were a great size and the storyline so gripping I couldn’t put it down half-finished… I found the character’s very interesting especial Anne and Jill. Both women were so different, Jill was kindhearted normal kinda lady and Anne had been though a lot over her life and it had turned her a bit twisted. But they had something in common they both loved Michael in their own way. Only Jill was his future and Anne his past.

The story itself follows the twisted love triangle of Anne, Michael and Jill. After Jill finds out she is having Michael’s baby they both start to plan their happy life together. Only Michael past girlfriend Anne returns into his life. Man-naps him and holds him in her home, while she plays with his emotions and befriends Jill just waiting for the day she can take her baby and make a family with Michael. Will she get the family she wants anyhow she pleases? Or will Michael and Jill find a way to save themselves? Read this book to find out.

Even through Anne is a rather twisted woman in this book I did at some points find myself feel sorry for her and what had pushed her over the edge of thinking clearly. I think Marie did a great job of helping the reader see things from everyone point of view and the ending was chilling with a few twists that will not disappoint…

I would recommend Baby to anyone who likes an intense, chilling and emotional read with well-rounded characters and an ending that will leave you hoping there’s another book around the corner at some point. Then this book is for you.

The Adventures of Shifting Jack: A New Home
The Adventures of Shifting Jack: A New Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Story for 8-10 and above., 9 July 2016
The Adventures of Shifting Jack is a nice read for young kids around 9-10 years old I think, who love a bit of adventure and mystery surrounding young Jack and his little sister Lilly. I enjoyed the characters in this book and the ending was nice as well.

The story itself follows Jack as he starts a new school with his little sister Lilly. He has a very close bond with her and can feel when she’s happy, sad, hurt. He finds himself going to her rescue a few times in the story. Later, he find out about his families prophecy and how it has already started to affect him as he changes between a human and a bird something his mother and father has tried to protect him from. Now he has to use his new-found power for good and discover the part of him his parents have sheltered him from. Does he? Or will he end up in huge trouble? Read this story to find out.

I also liked that in the book the Denise touched upon his father not being his real dad, but he would always be his dad no matter about blood relation. I thought it was a nice idea to approach the subjected and was handle well in the story but also a lot for a nine year old to accept. I loved how close Jack was to his sister Lilly and their relationship throughout.

I would recommend this book if you like stories with adventure, shape shifting and love for family at the heart of it.

Stealing Hearts: Gods Behaving Badly Book Three
Stealing Hearts: Gods Behaving Badly Book Three

5.0 out of 5 stars Stealing Hearts: Gripping story..., 15 Jun. 2016
Stealing Hearts: Gods Behaving Badly Book 3
By Sheri Velarde

I read Stealing Hearts after reading the first two in series Looted and Lost souls. In Stealing Hearts we meet back up with the goddess of Lust and Love as she's seeing through the new year, Sensing other gods on earth and thinking about the empath cop Bruce who set her nerves on edge.

His path crosses hers through the night with a little help from cupid and they share a passionate few hours, before the goddess of Lust and Love and Bruce goes to see her brother to rescue a stolen painting. Will they be successful or get hurt in the process? Read this story to find out...

I found Bruce interesting the way since being around the gods his believes of right and wrong has been mudded by their actions and he's learning new ways to achieve what he wants.

I thought all the characters were well rounded and the story was a perfect length to read in one sitting. The author did a great job with her character's. I would recommended this one if you've read the other two.. Can't wait for the next one.

3721-Cerise-8 : Laced Up Front Tunic Top Shirt
3721-Cerise-8 : Laced Up Front Tunic Top Shirt
Offered by krisp clothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour top.., 12 Jun. 2016
I liked this top it is comfortable and love the colour and looked nice on.. The only thing I think lets the top down a little for me is that the chest size could do with being bigger for larger chested people like me. Otherwise the top fitted fine a bigger size in the top would of been too big. I would recommend this top because over all it looks nice.

Lost Souls: Gods Behaving Badly Series Book 2 (Gods Behehaving Badly Series)
Lost Souls: Gods Behaving Badly Series Book 2 (Gods Behehaving Badly Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read If You've Read Looted...., 9 Jun. 2016
Lost souls: Gods Behaving Badly series Book 2
By Sheri Velarde
I read Lost souls right after reading the first in the series Looted they are both fast paced reads so can be read in one or two hours or less. I enjoyed both books in the series they were both very different but both followed mystical gods in the human world.

Lost souls follows Amy a fallen angel who from the start feel a hot attraction to Jade, once the meet their bond become explosive and Amy feels able to let her true self show around Jade. However, that leads to lots of questions. And near the end we meet the goddess of lust and love once more who reveal more answers to the pair.

I thought this was a good and different follow on for the first one. The author Sheri did a great job with her characters and the passion between them. I think this book is a must read if you read the first and are following the series...

Looted: Gods Behaving Badly Series Book 1
Looted: Gods Behaving Badly Series Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy Magical Story, 9 Jun. 2016
Looted By Sheri Velarde

Sophia is the goddess of lust and Love and goes about in the mortal world seducing rich questionable men and steeling from them. Then she vanishes from their lives without a trace. However, now she has a cop with powers of his own looking for her. Will he find her and be left with more question and answers than he imagined? Or will she keep out of his clutches? Read this fast paced and rather steamy story to find out...

I thought the author Sheri did a great job with her characters they are enjoyable to follow and likeable. I also like the magic element in this story. I would recommend this story if you like a fast paced read that can be read in one sitting and steamy scenes with a bit of powerful goddess magic along the way.

Lust For Survival
Lust For Survival

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Great Short Stories., 9 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Lust For Survival (Kindle Edition)
Lust For Survival by Anna Shenton

I really enjoyed the short stories in Lust For Survival, each one was very different about woman finding their way through what had happened to them in their lives, in some stories it was grief like in the story:

The Cafe' Bar. Where Fiona struggles with the loss of her husband and discovers a book with a troubling message inside. She can't get it out of her mind and tries to find the owner of the book before they followed through with the message inside. This was a rather emotional story that takes the reader through many emotions.

Cardboard Love was about Sara who is fed up of walking the streets and letting men use her body while her friend sit around in a club every night. Until one punter inspires her to try and change her life, will she go through with it? Read this book to find out.

I thought Anne Shenton did a great job with all 5 stories they were well written and dealt with emotional themes really well. This being the first of Anna work I've come across and read I will definitely look up more of her stories in the future...

I would recommend Lust For Survival if you like short stories that could be read in one sitting and stories that take you through an array of emotions.

Coinman: An Untold Conspiracy
Coinman: An Untold Conspiracy

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Gripping read., 27 May 2016
Title Coinman: An Untold Conspiracy Kindle Edition
by Pawan Mishra

This is a very different book from what I would normally read.. But I found the beginning really interesting it reminded me a little of when death narrator in the book thief. It had that same pull of really needing to read on and find out what happened in the book.

The story itself is about Kesar who pocket coin-jangling, led him to be isolated by those he worked around and earned him the name Coinman everyone calls him by this name so much so that he changes it... There were entertaining parts in this book and Coinman was a rather funny character but really likable caught between his workmate and his wife he goes to great lengths to cope with those around him.

I found the book to have lots of twist and turns when it came to the characters and sometimes didn't know who was good and who wasn't. This book is very cleverly written and will keep you wanting to read until the end.

I thought the Author Pawan Mishra: Did a great job with Coinman and I found myself really feeling for him and the issues he was having with those around him. I thought he was a really well rounded character.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a book with unique characters and a story that takes you through many emotions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13