Profile for JRA > Reviews

JRA (Stafford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
DeLonghi ECP35.31 Italian Traditional Espresso Coffee Maker, Black
DeLonghi ECP35.31 Italian Traditional Espresso Coffee Maker, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes excellent coffee and just how you like it., 30 April 2017
This machine took a bit of getting used to, especially when the experts in the cafes make it look so easy on their commercial barista machines. It's a fairly robust machine and heats up fairly quickly after each use, When you turn the switch to make the espresso you don't get a measured shot so you have to judge when you think you have sufficient for how strong you like it. The steamer wand has 2 settings and the instructions only tell you how to heat the milk without froth and how to froth it for cappuccino. My wife loves a piping hot latte so I had to use trial and error to get the temperature and froth right. I get the milk nice and hot with the hot milk setting and then give it a bit of froth with the cappuccino setting. I also found it essential to get a proper steel jug for steaming because I wasn't getting much success with ordinary pottery and Pyrex jugs. The beauty of having your own machine at home is the prospect of trying so many different types of coffee and making it just how you like it. If that's what you want then this machine is ideal.

Bausch & Lomb Boston Simplus Multi Action Solution For Rgp Lenses 120ml
Bausch & Lomb Boston Simplus Multi Action Solution For Rgp Lenses 120ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A big improvement on the old system., 21 Mar. 2017
Had to move on to the multi action solution because the old system is getting harder to get hold of. I must say I think it is a big improvement. My lenses don't seem to grease up like they used to and are crystal clear as soon as I put them in. The only slight hitch is that you have to allow more time in the morning in the bathroom because they are for morning cleaning.

CvOptics Solid & Hollow Contact Lens Inserter / Remover for Soft & Hard GP Lenses (x3, Solid Inserter)
Offered by Beautifeye

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be better, 21 Mar. 2017
I bought these to help me to get my gas permeables out. I have been wearing hard lenses for over 40 years so my ageing eye lids are getting past the old way of pulling your eye lids to one side and blinking. They do the job but you have to press them quite hard to get the lenses to stick onto them. My wife bought a smaller white one from an online optical supplier and her's is so much better. The slightest touch and the lenses stick. You have to be quite persistent with these blue ones. Unfortunately we can't remember where we got the white ones from.

Yato professional glass oil cutter 177 mm, tungsten carbide (YT-7560)
Yato professional glass oil cutter 177 mm, tungsten carbide (YT-7560)
Offered by tool-craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 21 Mar. 2017
I have used it on 2mm glass and it did the job well.

Compact Size Reading Glasses Portable Pocket Clip Eyeglasses Case Gunmetal +2.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Mar. 2017
I bought these reading glasses to replace a a pair which also fitted into a small case like these. I used them primarily for map reading in the hills and mountains but after such heavy use the lenses became scratched. The Jambo ones are not a patch on my old ones which had been dropped, lent on and thrown around in my rucksack. I had them for 2 weeks around the house and doing some DIY when I inadvertently put my hand on them and one of the hinges snapped clean off. On closer inspection it was obvious they are not very strong and break far too easy. I have since found an identical pair and case to my old ones on ebay which were more expensive but, fortunately, just as bombproof as my old ones. I would only buy these Jambo ones if you are going to be gentle with them. On the plus side the lenses were good.

Barr & Stroud 10X42 Sahara FMC Binoculars
Barr & Stroud 10X42 Sahara FMC Binoculars
Offered by Camera Centre UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The grip is excellent with little chance of them slipping out of your ..., 18 Jan. 2016
A very high quality pair of binoculars which are a pleasure to use. The grip is excellent with little chance of them slipping out of your hands when wet and they give good close ups when observing wildlife.

Anker PowerCore 20100 - Ultra High Capacity Power Bank with one of the Most Powerful 4.8A Output, PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 7 /6s /SE, iPad and Samsung Galaxy S8 / S7 and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality item which holds it's charge for ages, 18 Jan. 2016
A good quality item which holds it's charge for ages. Useful for charging when camping and when visiting family when there is a shortage of sockets.

The Ultimate Collection
The Ultimate Collection
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars ... replace my old LPs and I have not been disappointed with both his earlier and later numbers, 18 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
I bought this to replace my old LPs and I have not been disappointed with both his earlier and later numbers.

Armageddon: The Battle for Germany 1944-45
Armageddon: The Battle for Germany 1944-45
by Max Hastings

5.0 out of 5 stars A top quality read, 18 Jan. 2016
Another great read from Max Hastings. He doesn't pull any punches and makes you realise that there was more to post D Day than most of the glorified accounts in films and some other books portray.

Trail Gator Tow Bar for 16"-20" Wheel Bike - Red
Trail Gator Tow Bar for 16"-20" Wheel Bike - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble and fits both bikes perfectly, 18 Jan. 2016
Easy to assemble and fits both bikes perfectly. Also easy and safe to attach to main bike when little one wants to ride on her own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4