Profile for T.J.SHEPPARD > Reviews

Content by T.J.SHEPPARD

T.J.SHEPPARD (axbridge, somerset, GB)

Page: 1 | 2
The New Laws of Psychology: Why Nature and Nurture Alone Can't Explain Human Behaviour
by Peter Kinderman

4.0 out of 5 stars Revision not division, 1 April 2017
Interesting nuanced version of the nature/ nurture debate. The developments in Molecular Biology,Genetics/Epigenetics and Neuroscience has led to this revised perspective. Not a paradigm shift in knowledge but an imperative to the future diagnosis of mental problems and therapies. Such an approach as advocated could have profound implications for the management and utilization of resources. This may however give rise to resistance from many professionals whose livelihood rests an current methods and practices. A thought provoking book worthy of greater open debate.

The Best of The Beatles 1962-'64 (4 Disc Set)
The Best of The Beatles 1962-'64 (4 Disc Set)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fool on the Hill, 1 April 2017
insufficient range of Beatles hits. Since it embraces live performances it is repetitive. A poor buy I would not recommend to anyone.

Essential Cell Biology
Essential Cell Biology
by Keith Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was in excellent condition and received on time, 21 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Essential Cell Biology (Paperback)
This book was in excellent condition and received on time.The book itself will be of great help studying cell biology. Written by well known authorities in this field backed up by a really professional narrative supported by outstanding graphics. Over many years of buying text books this has probably been one of my best buys.

Information Received (The Bobby Owen Mysteries Book 1)
Information Received (The Bobby Owen Mysteries Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 19 July 2015
Reading this book is like wading through a waterlogged landscape. Uninteresting and not worth the effort.

Toshiba 40L1533 - 40-Inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview
Toshiba 40L1533 - 40-Inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs not wants!, 30 Jun. 2015
This is my second Toshiba TV, the last one being 32 inch. They do what they say. A good picture, reliable ( I gave my last one to my daughter ), and good value for money. I buy according to my needs, not at the insistence of some sales blurb, latest fashion or to impress others. My motto is keep it simple and up to now it seems to pay off.

Shuperb MAHON Ladies Leather Mule Slippers Pewter 40
Shuperb MAHON Ladies Leather Mule Slippers Pewter 40

5.0 out of 5 stars Two feet from embaressment !, 14 Jun. 2015
So comfortable my wore them to a hospital without realising she had not changed her shoes.

A Noble Radiance: (Brunetti 7) (Commissario Brunetti)
A Noble Radiance: (Brunetti 7) (Commissario Brunetti)

4.0 out of 5 stars Italy laid bare., 19 Feb. 2015
Fiction but close to reality. Corruption, class,crime and cops in a relationship that supports each entity to the disadvantage of the population.

Ravensburger Crazy Cats - Tea Time Treats 2x 500pc Jigsaw Puzzle
Ravensburger Crazy Cats - Tea Time Treats 2x 500pc Jigsaw Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Categorical, 6 Feb. 2014
I bought this puzzle for my wife who is a very keen puzzler. Although these are the easier ones she completes she finds them very pleasurable and they always make us smile. They are fun.

Depths
Depths

2.0 out of 5 stars Surreal, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Depths (Kindle Edition)
Odd, strange and disturbing. I like Mankell's work but I found myself out of my emotional depth with this one. I completed the book but for me it was a chore.

Murdoch Mysteries: Vices of My Blood (Murdoch Mysteries (Detective Murdoch) Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspend Judgment, 6 Feb. 2014
Good if simple stories, however, reconciling the characters as presented in the books with those shown on TV requires a mental adjustment. It is like looking in a fairground distorting mirror.

Page: 1 | 2