Profile for Mrs. Alyson J. Thomas > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Alyson J....

Mrs. Alyson J. Thomas "woollywonder" (Wales)

Schumann: Symphonies Nos. 1-4
Schumann: Symphonies Nos. 1-4
Offered by Tom-Media LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it ., 10 Feb. 2014
Quite the best recording I have ever heard, a real treat if this is the first time you listen to Schumann.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. E, 10 Feb. 2014
A Lightweight but sturdy item that grips the logs as it should and helps take the danger out of sawing logs

Invictus [DVD] [2010]
Invictus [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Invictus [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Fantastic, not a weak performance in sight. A real tribute to a real hero of our time. It was rapidly despatched.

Hana's Helpline: High And Seek [DVD]
Hana's Helpline: High And Seek [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Edgar
Offered by Chibbi DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Hana#'s helpline, 15 July 2013
Hana is such a lovely character. She runs a helpline for creatures with problems which reflect the problems of young children, eg can't go to sleep or scared of the dark. My grandson is captivated by these stories.

Hana's Helpline - Mini Character Playset
Hana's Helpline - Mini Character Playset
Offered by SMM Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson delighted., 15 July 2013
My grandson loves this gorgeous little characters from the television series. they are really lovely and ideal as a birthday gift.

The Art of Youth Work
The Art of Youth Work
by Kerry Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Gem, 10 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Art of Youth Work (Paperback)
Contains lots of very useful theory and some practice
which will be helpful for students of all ages. Well worth a read.

Gillespie and I
Gillespie and I
by Jane Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Gillespie and I - a phenomenal read., 5 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Gillespie and I (Paperback)
If you like your characters on the prickly side, your plots strong and suspense painful you are in for something a bit special.

Meet Isabelle, admirer of art and lady of independent means around whom a great storm brews and never ceases to rumble on.
Set in Glasgow during the Great Exhibition of the 19th Century, and also in her retirement in 1930's England, the attention to historical detail is accute yet flowing and never clunking.

Having read Harris' acclaimed first novel , 'The Observations', My expectations of 'Gillespie and I' were high and I was afraid I might be disappointed but was staggered to find it equally as good.

As a writer myself I understand what it takes to combine all this and yet create a riveting read. I take my hat off to you Jane Harris, you are a rare creature.