Profile for Beanie Luck > Reviews

Content by Beanie Luck
Top Reviewer Ranking: 175

Beanie Luck (Cotswolds)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultrasport Racket Bag (Pack of 10) - Black
Ultrasport Racket Bag (Pack of 10) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag with plenty of storage, 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent bag, very well made and feels quality.

There are plenty of room for rackets, i only have 4 but it fits them all and tennis balls no problem.

I love the backpack feature because its a lot easier to carry the bag to the local tennis club.

It will also hold any other racket you have ie badminton or squash with ease.

It an also be used as an overall gym bag so saves you having to carry multiple bags as you can just chuck your gym clothes in there with room to spare.

Detangling Brush By Debonhair - Professional Quality Best Knot Detangler ★Glides Thru All Hair Types★ - Natural, Thick, Curly, Thin, Fine, Colour Treated - Detangling Comb For Wet And Dry Hair - Adults And Kids - For Ultimate Healthy Results.
Offered by Retroprice

4.0 out of 5 stars Best brush i own, 26 Feb. 2015
I have always had a problem with knotting in my hair.

I am approaching 50 now and yet every time i wash my hair no matter how much conditioner i slap on it i am left with a birds nest on the back left of my head, nowhere else just there.

It hurts to brush out and i have been using a very large bamboo paddle brush which had started losing its spikes and so this came at a perfect time.

1stly i love the colour, yes im aware that to some people it doesnt matter, but purple is my favourite colour so this was a huge positive.

I love the shape, it fits into my hand very well and i feel more in control of the brush.

I set to work and it brushed out my knots a lot easier than the paddle brush did and with hardly any pain, maybe this will get better with use.

I am currently using it in the shower as i find it easier to brush through my conditioner and this helps a lot with my birds nest.

I have shoulder length grey hair and its fine but there is a lot of it, and this is great on my hair, leaves it looking silky and fabulous.

The plastic is great for the shower as there is no rusting or threat of it, none of the spikes of the brush have fallen out so far so i shall see how that goes.

The plastic isnt the greatest material and i would like to see a wooden version, maybe bamboo, makes it feel more of a premium quality to me and a little bit more luxurious, but for the price i think it gives great value for money.

Disclaimer: The manufacturer sent me a free sample in return for an honest review.

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Puppy Sis
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Puppy Sis

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the money, 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a super cute little thing, well i say little but its massive, its a foot tall!

The reason i love toys like this is that they can accompany your baby on its journey through the beginnings of life.

Designed to be used from 6 months this has the capacity to grow with your baby until it reaches 36 months which for the price is spectacular value for money. I would pay more happily.

There are 3 levels to this which are activated by pressing the right foot, or left whichever way its facing,

There are activity settings in left ear, tummy, both hands and left foot, it tells you what body part it is and what colour it is and then sings a song, its adorable, when you press the heart in the middle it actually plays a beating heart before flashing bright red and singing.

I love the left hand because it constantly plays the abc's when pressed , and whats even better is that its not americanised so it actually says Z instead of zeee.

The voice doesnt annoy me at all, i think its lovely, not that high pitched but in a very friendly female positive encouraging tone.

The only problem i had was that my dog rather took a shine to it and i had to keep taking it off her, she was fascinated by it and couldnt understand why when she tried to bite it, it would sing to her lol

I am very impressed with it and like i said this its very undervalued.

AVANTEK AR51 Amplified Freeview HD TV Panel Aerial Digital Indoor HDTV Antenna for DVB-T Television Tuner Receiver
Offered by Avantek UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but doesnt live up to the description, 23 Feb. 2015
Unfortunately this aerial does not live up to its claims.

I was not able to pick up any cable or satellite channels, neither was i able to pick up any freeview hd channels, so i cannot sit here and tell you any different despite what it says in the product description.

However it has doubled the amount of normal freeview channels i could pick up, i went from 48 to 109, this was quite a surprise as i live in the sticks and wasn't expecting much, even my rooftop aerial can't pick up sky news, but strangely this does.

There is no stand with this and i found it wasn't very stable and fell over every time you walked past it so i decided to stick it to the wall. I used 2 small Velcro stick on squares on the top edges on the back of the unit as this was the only place i could stick it that the aerial masts didn't get in the way.

Anway its been up 3 days now and hasn't fell off, does look a bit weird on the wall but i am happy with it.

I've included a picture of it on my wall so you can see.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Professional Quality Dressmaking Pinking Shears Scissors Zig Zag Edging Cutters by Kurtzy TM
Offered by Kurtzie - Fast Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb pinking Shears, 21 Feb. 2015
What absolutely fantastic value these are for less than a fiver.

The blades are nice and thick and they are razor sharp.

The finish on them is superb and perfect for any kind of dressmaking or crafts.

I make my own clothes and these are perfect because of the design the fabric never frays not ever so you can do single hems on a flatbed sewing machine without the need to have an overlocker.

I would personally prefer metal handles but these are nice, the colour is fab and they hold really nice in the hand.

Overall i think they provide excellent value for money and as essential piece of tooling for your sewing/craft kit.

Childs Farm Groomed To Perfection Shampoo for Luscious Locks
Childs Farm Groomed To Perfection Shampoo for Luscious Locks

3.0 out of 5 stars Wont be buying again, 19 Feb. 2015
I bought this because i have severe rosacea and i was looking for a shampoo and conditioner that was both paraben and sulphate free.

The smell is really nice, however it smells more of mint than strawberry to me.

Unfortunately i wont be buying this again because it gave me terrific knots in my hair which actually hurt to brush out and didnt make my hair all that soft, however my hair is grey but it was worth a try.

This doesnt mean it wont work for you, it just means it didnt work for me.

Childs Farm conditioner in strawberry & organic mint 250ml
Childs Farm conditioner in strawberry & organic mint 250ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Wont be buying again, 19 Feb. 2015

The smell is really nice, however it smells more of mint than strawberry to me.

This doesnt mean it wont work for you, it just means it didnt work for me.

NIVEA Simply Beautiful Skin Gift Pack
NIVEA Simply Beautiful Skin Gift Pack
Offered by LG solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Great box, 19 Feb. 2015
I was bought this as a christmas present and it was the best present i received.

My brother got it for me soley because purple is my favourite colour and he thought oh that will do lol but surprisingly the included products were great.

The case itself is fantastic, i am now using it as a memory box, however for me i have a small issue with the included products.

You get:

Headband - great really helpful
Lip Butter - lush and gives a wonderful pink tone to your lips
Cleansing wipes - great for wiping the grime of the day away
Cleansing water - havent used this yet
Cleansing mousse - very good but you need to be fast to wash it off
BB Cream - this comes in medium - dark and is far too dark for my skin tone

I didnt quite see the point of having 3 types of cleansing items in the box, wipes, water and mousse, it would of been much better to have the wipes, a toner and a moisteuriser, and also the BB cream should come in the lightest shade as you can always blend with foundation to make it darker but can never make it lighter.

Overall i loved the box i just didnt love some of the products that came in it.

Evan Williams Cherry Bourbon Liqueur Whiskey 70 cl
Evan Williams Cherry Bourbon Liqueur Whiskey 70 cl

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt taste of Cherry but still nice, 17 Feb. 2015
Southern Comfort is my all time favourite drink so i am quite familiar with blended bourbon whisky.

I saw this and thought ooo that looks nice but it was too expensive, however it came up on a lightning deal for a more realistic price so i treated myself to a bottle.

Its a gorgeous deep rich golden colour and when you 1st open the bottle the scent hits you, however its very artificial, quite chemical smelling and when drank neat it can be very overbearing. Quite strangely it smells of almond essence, a bit like Disaronno which is another of my favourite drinks. To be honest im not that keen on the smell. Where as Disaronno smells natural, this does not.

However when mixed with Coke, it becomes a better drinking experience, for me anyway, and i agree with another reviewer, does smell like bakewell tart, that is down to the almond essence especially.

For me this is not something you can drink by itself, it needs coke, lemonade or another soft drink but that is just my personal preference.

Overall its ok, not something i would buy again though.

Belkin Universal Folio Case for 7 inch Tablet - Black
Belkin Universal Folio Case for 7 inch Tablet - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Could of been better, 17 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This case could of been great with a few simple design alterations however for me it's just ok.

I like the design flap that moves when you want to take pictures, i have a Google nexus so i have no camera, but i still like the feature.

I like the fact you can fold the front cover and hold it in your hand for reading, however your hand starts to hurt after 15 minutes.

The fold up flap is not that great because once folded even once it will never lie flat again.

It holds my tablet very well, i like the extendable edges that pull out and that fit all 7 and 8 inch tablets according to belkin, however for me it is missing 2 things, a slot for a stylus and a band or flap to keep the front cover down.

I have attached pictures so you can see.

Overall good but not great.
Comment Comment | Permalink