Profile for Beanie Luck > Reviews

Content by Beanie Luck
Top Reviewer Ranking: 169

Beanie Luck (Cotswolds)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Foxnovo® FP10 10400mAh Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy Dual-Port Backup External Battery Chargers Power Bank Charger for iPhone 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4 3 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Tab 2, Sony, HTC, Blackberry and Most USB Devices (Silver)
Offered by FoxnovoStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of equipment, 1 April 2015
This is amazing, i have never had a power bank before and now i am wondering how i ever managed without one.

The bank comes with a pouch a 4 way usb lead and a power lead to charge it.

I have a sony z3 compact so i have only used the micro usb lead but it was seamless and it charged it really fast.

The pouch is very handy as you can store both the bank and the leads together and its nice and padded and protected.

This would be an essential piece of kit for campers, hikers, mountain climbers etc as it lasts for ages once charged.

Brilliant

Disclaimer: The manufacturer sent me a sample in return for an honest review.

Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Night Cream 50 ml
Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Night Cream 50 ml
Offered by Adore Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cream, very impressed, 1 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been a Olay girl my whole life and have never tried anything by Nivea before but this product impressed me so much i am going to ditch the olay after 30 years and continue using the Nivea.

This night cream is divine, its thick and milky, comes in a lovely small tub that has a mirrored top, the consistency is silky and smooth and it goes on your face lovely and absorbs well, there is no greasiness or sticky residue left on the skin.

I have been using mine in conjuncture with the serum in the same range and my skin is glowing and baby soft.

With Olay i would have to put 2 applications of cream on my face as it is so dry and sensitive but i only have to put 1 on with this.

Despite me having Rosacea my skin has had no adverse affects to this cream and so i am happy to continue using it.

Will definitely be buying again and will also be buying the day cream.

Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Concentrated Serum 40 ml
Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Concentrated Serum 40 ml
Offered by SMARTZPRICE

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Serum, 1 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This serum is divine, its thick and milky, comes in a lovely slim tube that has a mirrored top, the consistency is silky and smooth and it goes on your face lovely and absorbs well, there is no greasiness or sticky residue left on the skin.

The thing to remember about serum is that it acts as a carrier for moisteuriser so its not a product you can use on its own, i have been using mine at night in conjuncture with the night cream in the same range and my skin is glowing and baby soft.

Despite me having Rosacea my skin has had no adverse affects to this serum and so i am happy to continue using it.

Will definitely be buying again.

Dear Mum, from you to me (Journal of a Lifetime) Sketch design
Dear Mum, from you to me (Journal of a Lifetime) Sketch design
by from you to me

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful gift, 31 Mar. 2015
I bought this for my mum for Mothers day and she was over the moon with it.

She is in her 60's now and her memory is getting worse and so i thought this would be a good way for her to be able to write down her memories of herself and me while she still can, and also i have a book written by her full of treasured memories that i can keep and look back on when her time on this earth has ended.

If you have children what a truly wonderful thing to do for them, you can buy it at birth and fill it in over the years and give it to them on their 21st birthday for example.

Love it

Philips GC2045/26 Easyspeed Steam Iron with 120 g Steam Boost and Ceramic Soleplate, 270 ml, 2300 Watt, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good iron, Great storage box, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Iron is brilliant value for money, i am surprised it is so cheap.

Despite the picture my iron was actually baby blue and purple, a small difference but i know how colours matter to some people.

The box is lovely, it holds the iron with ease and is designed to be allowed to put the iron in to cool down, you think how does it not burn a hole at the bottom of the box, well it has 2 raised stands at the bottom which the iron rests on so its not actually sat on the box itself. Just as a note what a truly clever idea to include a storage box for an iron, plus its so pretty.

The iron is easy to use and very light, the cord for me however needs to be another metre long because i have no plugs directly on the wall, i have to stretch the cord across the work surface 1st and because of that the iron doesnt reach the end of the ironing board so i have to use an extension cable which is not such a big deal but irons really do need to come with longer cables in general.

My soleplate was baby soft smooth, it was easy to fill, however a bit tight fisted to not include a measuring jug.

I have a steam generator iron which is a bit of a pain to get out when you just want to iron one or two things so this has been ideal.

I really like the function to be able to iron without steam and then to iron with 2 different strength steam settings, the only trouble i had is that i am not sure how long the function switch will last, seems a bit flimsy and only clicks on certain functions.

Overall i really like it, easy to use, no leaks, but despite what it says on the listing this does not come with a filling cup.

Olay Regenerist Luminous Anti-Dark Circle Correcting Eye Treatment Moisturiser 15 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Contains Pentapeptides, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked this product, but its effects are temporary.

I really like to use it in the mornings, i find it makes me a little more confident about the wrinkles im getting under my eyes but when i wake up the following morning those wrinkles are still there so this is no miracle solution, however it does tighten and brighten the skin there, if only for a few hours and if im honest thats good enough for me for the price.

As nobody else has thought to list the ingredients including olay themselves here they are:

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Dimenthicone crosspolymer, Acetyl glucosamine, titanium dioxide, panthenol, Caprylyl glycerol, Ethylhexlglycerin, Tocopheryl acetate, Allantonin, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Collagen, Sodium hyaluronate, Mica, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hexylene glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Tin oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol..

With reference to the Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, it is a compound that is derived from a five-part chain of amino acids known as pro-collagen I pentapeptide. By itself, this has been proven to increase the production of collagen in the skin. Functionally, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide promotes the production of two compounds: collagen and hyaluronic acid. Combined, these compounds help the skin recover and heal from wounds and penetrative damage by generating new specialized skin cells that bind the damaged tissue together.

Win win.

Dazzne P2 1080P HD Sports Action Camera DV Helmet Camcorder + 18 in 1 Mouting Accessories Kit + 32G SD Card
Offered by HappyGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Husky Racing, 28 Mar. 2015
I do not own a gopro camera and had in fact have to go and look it up.

I am a still photographer so video is a new format for me but i was thrilled to test this because i will soon be mushing with my dog and thought i could take some excellent videos from the bike when i get it, for those of you that dont know what mushing is it is running a bike with a husky in front of it attached to a harness which is attached to a bikejor arm on the bike.

Anyway the camera, you get 2 boxes in the packaging, one containing the camera and one containing the accessories. Can i just mention i got a 32gb sandisk Microsd card, thats worth 30 quid all by itself.

You also get a bike mount, a suction cup thing to attach to your car dash, a head strap, a tripod mount, a hdmi cable micro, plus a waterproof case, 2 batterys, a charger plus the camera, sorry huh ??

I am blown away by this if im honest, i have no idea how they managed to put together such a comprehensive piece of equipment for the money.

The instructions are a little frustrating and i couldnt figure out how to set the date and time, i am not the worlds most tech savvy person so thanks to the other reviewer on here who mentioned how to do it because it really helped.

You get to choose 4 different pixel options 3,5,8 and 12mp, i always choose 8 as i found like on a normal camera when forced to work at its highest capabilities it produces slightly fuzzy edges so its a preference, i chose 8mp and 1080p and went off to test it strapped to my head with the head harness, i am used to wearing a headlamp so this was of wearing a camera really suits my lifestyle as i hike and walk a lot with my Husky.

The picture quality is spectacular, there is no loss of focus which surprised me, after all you are up and down bumps, shaking it around, it gets wet and muddy, you cant see what you are filming which is weird, and yet it works perfectly.

Obviously when its not on your head you can see whats going on but i couldnt .

When i figure out a way to compress the video small enough to be able to upload it here i will try and post a clip, not knowing anything about video editing this is a skill i am now going to have to learn as amazon have a 100mb limit.

I cant wait to get this on a bike and start filming my husky running.

Disclaimer: The Manufacturer sent me a free sample in return for an honest review.

Klorane Silver Highlights Shampoo with Centaurea Extract for Grey/White Hair 200ml
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the English summer countryside, 27 Mar. 2015
This shampoo is beyond doubt the best shampoo i have ever tried for grey hair.

1stly its not purple so it doesnt put that artificial purple/blue tinge on your hair which to be frank looks awful.

2nd it smells amazing, like walking through the English summer countryside

3rd you dont have to use conditioner, it leaves your hair flyaway soft

4th you dont have to use it more than once a week to keep it in great condition

I am 100% grey now and so will continue to use this as part of my beauty routine. You just shampoo and leave on for a few minutes, i leave mine on for 5 minutes and i dont have any yellow tinge to my hair, i think this is also down to the fact that i use paraben free shampoo and conditioner on a daily basis which also helps.

Love it.

PIXNOR P2016 Portable 7-in-1 Facial and Body Ultra Brush for Women & Men - Deeply Cleaning Skin - Natural Anti-aging - Microdermabrasion Cleanser Tool Set - Exfoliating Dead Skin Cells - Stimulate Collagen - Beauty Care Massager Facial Massager Cleaner (Rosy)
Offered by PixnorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, 27 Mar. 2015
I have a Philips Visapure so i can do the exact same test for this that i did on that and compare the 2.

I am 42 years old and have super dry skin and to top it off i have Rosacea on my cheeks and upper lids of my eyes and nose.

I actually have to use prescription medication for it, called Metronidazole Gel, it is the bane of my existence as you can imagine.

Anyway, i began using this, but with the additon of a few other products so i will link them in here..

Olay Regenerist Cleansers Daily Regenerating Cream Wash 150 ml

Olay Regenerist Eye Derma-Pods

Olay Regenerist Daily 3 Point Treatment Super Serum 50 ml

Olay Regenerist Night Renewal Elxir 50Ml

I have only ever used olay products on my face and this is why i have used them for this experiment.

Now the brush, it is very gentle and unlike the Visapure has no timer so you can move it about your face for as long as you like.

I wet my face and apply the olay cream wash to the 3 sections of my face and then let the brush do its work. Its very gentle, does not hurt at all and if im honest, you can barely even tell it is on your face.

When its all done, i wash off with cold water, then i apply the eye derma pods, and then the 3 point serum in the mornings and then at night i use the night elixir.

I have actually been using this twice a day every day since i got it.

Now my Rosacea on my left cheek has completely gone, my right eyebrow has completely gone and i have a patch left on my left eyebrow and right cheek, but they are fading every day.

I love the fact that you get 7 different heads with this one, and my favourite has got to be the pumice stone one, like a scholl pedi but free as an additional bonus, whats even better is buying the entire unit again would still be cheaper than buying replacement brushes for the visapure or the scholl pedi, i cant believe its so cheap.

Bare in mind that this is currently less than 10 squid at time of reviewing and the visapure is still over a hundred. No brainer really.

For me, if you are getting older this is a bathroom essential, and if you have superdry skin it is also essential.

To conclude, if you are looking at a great brush at a great price and if you have a serious skin condition like i do then it is definitely worth thinking about.

In my opinion given the side by side comparison, i would still choose the Visapure every time, but if you cant afford it then this is a cheap alternative.

Hope this review helps.

Mens Dunlop Black Wellies Wellington Welly Rain Boots Size 6
Mens Dunlop Black Wellies Wellington Welly Rain Boots Size 6
Offered by Footwear Sensation

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wellies you can buy, 27 Mar. 2015
I live in the countryside so i am in wellies around 8-10 hours a day.

Stuff your hunters and all your other designer wellies these are far superior at a fraction of the cost.

They are comfortable, have wide calfs to allow you to tuck in your trousers, jeans, etc, have solid thick soles, i walk around 8 miles a day in mine and my feet dont hurt.

Due to the amount of time i am in mine and the amount of walking i do in them mine only last around 6 months before the soles wear down by the toe area and i need to replace them, but for 7 quid which is what i pay and have done for years there is no way you can moan at that, plus like i said i walk an average 8 miles a day in them easily.

The only thing they are not so great in is traction, if the ground is dry, great, if its wet, great, however if its a field that has just been rained on you will slip around like a crazy person, they are great in snow but not on ice you will go flying.

I would never buy another brand and all my farmer friends around here live in theirs too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20