Profile for Beanie Luck > Reviews

Content by Beanie Luck
Top Reviewer Ranking: 163

Beanie Luck (Cotswolds)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
High Quality Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler ✮ Ultra Sharp Stainless Steel Dual Blades
Offered by Sabah Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen gadget, 29 May 2015
With so many spiralisers on the market right now and pretty much most of them utterly useless it is really nice to see something that is really simplistic but works.

What the pictures dont show is that there are 2 different size blades, i found this quite irritating if im honest, i would much rather they were interchangeable, however i soon got used to it once i realised that it was a potato peeler one side and the julienne on the other.

Its advertised as being used for zucchinis, which are courgettes to the English, and carrots and cucumbers, however i have also used mine on beetroot, peppers and onions, its quite a versatile little tool.

Quite strangely you can also use it on cheese, it needs to be a firm cheddar, just a basic one or a red leicester and you can drag it down the long side of the block to create your own cheese strings pretty much, its a really great way of adding different flavours to kids meals too without them realising what they are eating.

Disclaimer: The manufacturer sent me a free sample in return for an honest review.

High Quality Rustproof Stainless Steel Shower Curtain Hooks & Rings ✮ Modern & Luxury Decorative Design Round Rollers ✮ Made of Heavy Duty High Grade Corrosion Free Brushed & Polished Silver Nickel ✮ Set of 12 ✮ 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee!
Offered by Sabah Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good shower ring hooks, 29 May 2015
These are really smart shower curtain hooks, they roll really nicely over the curtain pole and despite being stainless steel i dont have to worry about them going rusty.

I did have a bit of trouble getting them on the pole however, i have a bog standard plastic extendable shower rail and these are too thin to go over it, so i had to bend the metal out quite significantly, and then press them back into place, luckily they bent out and bent back quite easily, they click back into place a bit like hoop earrings where there is a groove for it to sit in so it doesnt slip out.

They are nice, stylish and good value for money.

eSynic Hanging Alarm Lock-Anti-Theft Security Padlock Electronic Alarm Motor Bike Bicycle Locks With 3 Keys
Offered by EsynicDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this the best padlock ever made?, 29 May 2015
Length:: 1:19 Mins

This is the best padlock i have ever seen.

It is thick and chunky and is currently protecting my back gate at night.

I love the fact that the alarm will go off in 35 seconds so you dont have to get up and reset it, but the sound alone is enough to deter anyone from trying to cut the lock off as they would get caught as the sound is so piercing people within range would look to see where it was coming from.

I will be buying more.

Proster PIR Motion Sensor Wireless Solar Outdoor LED Light Lamp Waterproof Garden Yard Path Night Light Super Bright LED Light - Superbright Security Bright Stainless Steel for Garden Fence Pathway Gutter Security
Offered by ProsterUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Have bought a 2nd one, 29 May 2015
I love this light, its just brilliant.

I love the fact that it is so nicely shaped and designed, looks very modern. I love that it has an off/auto button on the underside so you can turn it off when not needed although mine will never be off.

I live in a place with no street lighting and in the winter especially delivery drivers find it really hard to find the numbers on the houses here.
I had a large slate sign made with my house number and road on and i have placed this light above that sign, and what a difference it makes.

The 2 strips across the front provide a constant dim light that lights up the sign well enough constantly but then when people approach the sensor kicks in and floods the area with light.

I honestly couldnt be happier with this and i have bought another to have a matching pair on opposite sides of my porch.

2 x Foxnovo ICR18650 3100mAh 3.7v 11.5Wh High Drain IC Protected 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries
Offered by FoxnovoStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent, 29 May 2015
I have not experienced any issues with these batteries at all so far.

I have been using them in my fuji digital camera and they have lasted weeks so far and i use my camera every day.

They were easy to charge i didnt have any issue with fitting and last for ages.

I think they are rather overpriced for what they are however.

Foxnovo Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-CD Sound Prompt Battery Capacity Testing LCD Intelligent Battery Charger with UK-plug Adapter 12V Car Adapter for 26650, 22650, 18650, 18500, 18490, 17670, 17650, 17500, 16340, 14500, 10440 Ni-MH and Ni-CD A, AA, AAA, C, SC Rechargeable Batteries Black (2-Slots)
Offered by FoxnovoStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Best battery charger i have had, 29 May 2015
This is a very impressive smart battery charger that hands down is the best battery charger i have ever had.

I got the 2 slot one but wish i had the 4 slot one as so many things now require 3/4 batteries that apart from an old camera i couldnt find another use for only 2 batteries hence the 4 stars and not 5.

I was also supplied with the batteries to test this and they are brilliant, the lasted for ages in my little fuji digital camera and so i was bowled over by the longevity.

I like this but id probably recommend you get the 4 slot one as it will end up being more useful.

Surf Wild Flowers Washing Liquid Twenty Five Wash 875 ml (Pack of 8)
Surf Wild Flowers Washing Liquid Twenty Five Wash 875 ml (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite, 29 May 2015
What an absolute bargain, 8 bottles for £23, i couldnt believe it so i snapped them up straight away as they are £5 a bottle in the shops.

I have been an Ariel girl my whole life, its always been my favourite washing scent, always leaves the clothes smelling fab, smelt this in my local supermarket and fell in love, its just gorgeous.

Have been using it a few months now and my clothes smell amazing, the scent stays for ages and i also use it inside my carpet cleaner to wash my carpets and my whole house smells fantastic.

Could not be happier with my purchase.

BETA Adult  Shepherds & Setters with Lamb Dry Dog Food, 12 kg
BETA Adult Shepherds & Setters with Lamb Dry Dog Food, 12 kg

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for my dog, 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Oh dear.

If i had known what the ingredients were i would never of ordered it, for those of you who do want to know here they are:

Cereals, Meat and animal derivatives (8%)*, Oils and fats, Vegetable protein extracts, Derivatives of vegetable origin (dried beet pulp 1.5%, source of soluble and insoluble fibres), Minerals, Eggs & egg derivatives (dried egg 1.5%), Vegetables (dried chicory root 1.0 %, prebiotic source). *equivalent to 16% rehydrated meat and animal derivatives, with min 4% lamb.

So basically pure junk and sugar.

They may kid you and say it is 100% balanced and gives everything a dog needs but this would be a lie.

Meat derivatives could mean anything, it could mean they sprayed it with beef fat, vegetable derivatives could be the tip of a cabbage leaf, it could be anything.

However for the purpose of the review i did let my dog try it, she did eat the bowl so on that score alone beat win, however her poop the following few days was awful, it went from being firm and normal colour to sloppy, stinky and bright orange, just disgusting, she also passed gas a lot more and it turned her into a complete and utter lunatic, she was very jumpy and kept running around the house like a crazy person, she kept kicking her back legs out like she was permanently twitching and that was in, it went in the bin.

I understand that some people are on a budget and this may be all they can afford but in my opinion if you can only afford to feed them this you shouldnt have a dog, it will lead to massive health problems in the long run and would you fed your child crisps and sweets at every meal? i would bet no, but feeding your dog this is exactly what you are doing to them.

There are much better quality budget dog foods on the market, try wainwrights from pets at home, 10kg is around £35 which is actually the same cost as buying this and the ingredients are far superior.

Lamb (42%) (Lamb Meat Meal, Lamb Gravy), Sweet Potato (30%), Potato (8%), Rapeseed Oil (4%), Pea Starch (4%), Linseed (3%), Beet Pulp (2%), Alfalfa (1%), Yeasts, Carrot (1%), Minerals, Tomato Powder (0.5%), Seaweed Meal (0.5%), Herbs (Marjoram 167 mg/kg, Oregano 167mg/kg, Sage 167 mg/kg, Parsley 167 mg/kg, Rosemary 167 mg/kg), Yucca (200 mg/kg), Cranberry (100 mg/kg), Marigold (50 mg/kg).

Bit of a difference huh

Command Mini Hooks with Command Strips (17006)
Command Mini Hooks with Command Strips (17006)

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple purchases now, 26 May 2015
Bought these to put up in my utility room to hang all the dog harnesses, collars, leads and my waterproofs.

They go up in seconds, are really strong, hold a lot of weight and you have 1 spare strip for each hook if you ever need to move it.

Not my 1st purchase of these and it wont be my last.

Fantabulous..

Second Nature Adult Turkey and Rice Hypoallergenic Complete Dry Dog Food, 12 kg
Second Nature Adult Turkey and Rice Hypoallergenic Complete Dry Dog Food, 12 kg

3.0 out of 5 stars Middle of the road dog food, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This dog food has okay ingredients, not the best but not the worst ive seen.

Dogs are carnivores and need a protein based diet, this unfortunately only contains 26% turkey which to me is rather low. Also dogs dont need to eat carbohydrates and certainly not at the level in here it matches the protein which is not that good.

I applaud the rest of it however and the amount of vitamins and minerals in it but for me its not something i am going to continue to try. I currently feed an 80/20 food and i will continue to use that instead.

My dog refused to eat it, i tried over the course of 3 weeks and just put a handful in with her normal food and she would eat around it.

It didnt go to waste however as i donated it to the local dogs trust.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20