Profile for AH > Reviews

Content by AH

AH

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Moto E 2nd Gen Case - Poetic [Affinity Series] Moto E 2nd Gen Case - [TPU Grip Bumper] [Corner Protection] Protective Hybrid Case for Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen (2015) Frost Clear/Black (3-Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, 24 Oct. 2016
Definitely the best case for this phone that I've been able to find.

Fits well, has the correct cutouts, has a premium look and feel without making the phone too large feeling when holding it.

Doesn't obstruct screen protectors and has a good grip.

Mackertop® Replacement OEM For Apple Iphone 5C Internal Battery Kit High Capacity Include Free Tools
Offered by Official MackerTop Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 24 Oct. 2016
Literally took me under 10 minutes to change out the battery in my 5C thanks to this.

You will have to charge the phone as my replacement battery came with barely any charge on it.

The Hoxton Leather Oyster Card / Travel Pass Holder by Gryphen - Navy
The Hoxton Leather Oyster Card / Travel Pass Holder by Gryphen - Navy
Offered by The Bag & Wallet Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 24 Oct. 2016
Fits my Oyster card perfectly, that's what I bought it for..

iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector, Mothca 3D Curve Edge Tempered Glass Full Screen Coverage Edge to Edge HD Clear Screen Protector Film with Thin but Tough Piano Paint Finish Steel Alloy Frame (White)
Offered by Mothca-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly there, 24 Oct. 2016
I've tried another tempered glass screen protector from another company and wasn't pleased with it as it didn't cover the entire screen of the phone, this however, does.

I do have one huge issue with it though. Once I applied the screen protector I noticed that in 2 corners of the screen I had pockets of air trapped here. If I press down hard enough the air pockets disappear for an hour or so before coming back later. This also sometimes makes phantom presses on my screen, where I'll be doing something on the phone and suddenly I've swiped left without actually doing anything.

The white edges of the screen protector and the screen portion of the protector itself seem to be 2 parts that are stuck together, this might be causing it? I don't think this is down to the way I applied it as I've owned dozens and dozens of screen protectors and never had issues with application.

I use my phone a lot but can't see any fingerprints lingering on the screen protector.

I'm looking forward to the matte tempered glass version of this screen protector.

iPhone 7 Plus Case, X-Doria (Impact Pro) Case for iPhone 7 Plus, Clear Seen, Double Impact Absorption, Rubbery TPU & Poly-One Material, Premium Protective iPhone 7 Plus Case(White)
Offered by DEMEDO

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for a great phone, 24 Oct. 2016
Dropped my iPhone once already and haven't seen any cosmetic damages to the phone. Matches my silver 7 Plus quite well too.

Aside from the back of the case getting a bit oily from use (pretty much happens to every case after awhile) I can't find any problems.

One screen protector I used covered the entire screen (up to the edges of the actual screen), but this case did not obstruct the screen protector at all, which is great.

Also works with Apple Pay!

iPhone 7 Plus (5.5" Inch) Screen Protector, Klearlook® [Case Friendly] Edge-to-Edge ANTI-GLARE/MATTE Premium Tempered Glass with [Aluminum Element] Screen Protector with Anti-Fingerprint/Smooth Touch + [Upgrade for Back] Full Coverage Carbon Fibre Sticker Back Protector for Apple iPhone 7 Plus [White Frame]
Offered by Ariko-Direct (UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there, 24 Oct. 2016
This is the first iPhone 7 Plus screen protector I've tried, and I have now and noticed some problems.

Doesn't fully cover the screen (still exposed edges around the screen protector), if like me you put your phone in your pockets a lot, fabric/fibres/fluff tend to get stuck under the edges.

Isn't very fingerprint resistant, unlike other matte tempered glass screen protectors I've tried.

By no means is it the worst matte tempered glass screen protector I've tried, but they could do better. Covering the entire screen would be a start.

Anker Ultra Slim 2.4G Wireless Compact Keyboard with Dedicated Hot Keys Windows for 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, bought simply for plugging into PC's and ..., 1 Aug. 2016
Great keyboard, bought simply for plugging into PC's and booting into BIOS/initial new Windows setups.

Solid build quality, small USB dongle that fits into the keyboard itself (under the battery cover). Also has a caps lock indicator (green light=caps on).

ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC Motherboard (Intel Z97, USB 3.0, Socket 1150)
ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC Motherboard (Intel Z97, USB 3.0, Socket 1150)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... 202 Mini-ITX build and I certainly can't say anything bad about it at the moment as I've not owned ..., 1 Aug. 2016
Bought to be used in a Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-ITX build and I certainly can't say anything bad about it at the moment as I've not owned it for that long. Haven't tried to OC in it but I have been through the BIOS and it looks like it's easy enough to do.

I couldn't find a better motherboard with onboard Wi-Fi, and such good placement of SATA ports, DIMM slots, etc at the £100-£150 price range.

Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-Itx Case for PC - Black
Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-Itx Case for PC - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of someone who is pleased with his build using this case, 1 Aug. 2016
Bought this case as I had a spare i5 4690k that I wanted to do something different with. I saw a few YouTubers building pretty high spec gaming PCs in this case and decided I'd give it a go too.

Certainly glad that I did as I've received nothing but compliments on the finished PC. Honestly, it's just a bit bigger than an Xbox One, and could easily occupy the same space as one. I bought a Steam controller during the summer sales to use with this and I'm finding I use this more than my main PC for playing games.

Did a bit of research and paired the processor with an ASRock Z97E-ITX/AC motherboard; a Corsair SF Series SF600W PSU, a Cryorig C7 CPU cooler and a reference design NVIDIA GTX 980. From what I've seen online the Noctua NH-L9i is also a great CPU fan to use in this case.

I'd strongly recommend using a reference design card if you aren't going to install fans into the case. This is because the reference cooler fan will suck air in from inside the case and release the hot air from the back of the graphics card slot. Whereas an aftermarket design cooler will suck air in from inside the case, but then dispel it in all directions inside the case too.

I'd also advise watching some YouTube videos of builds in this case so you have an idea of how to build in it as well as any issues you might encounter.

Other things you should also keep in mind when building in this case:
-Cable management (zip ties very helpful here!)
-Motherboard choice (I picked my board because of the onboard Wi-Fi and the actual placement of the Wi-Fi card and SATA ports)
-Custom sleeved PSU cables (I don't have these but from what I've seen on YouTube they help massively with the cable management)
-Short SATA 3 cables (they'll help cut down on the mess of cables)
-Low profile RAM (I didn't use low profile RAM but depending on your motherboard choice this may help)

Hopefully this helps some of you out, happy building!

[Improved Design] Anker PowerCore mini Ultra-Compact Portable Phone Charger with 18-Month Warranty (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars and also a mesh like drawstring bag to carry the charger around, 1 Aug. 2016
At first looks this seems very well built quality wise and seems to be designed well.

Comes with a micro USB cable for charging, and also a mesh like drawstring bag to carry the charger around.

I bought this mainly as it's small and can easily be carried around in my pocket, and should recharge my iPhone a few times whilst I'm out and about. I wouldn't recommend this if you're a heavy user looking to recharge their device many many times though, as you'll want something with a higher capacity battery for that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4