Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Obejoyful > Reviews

Content by Obejoyful

Obejoyful

Page: 1 | 2
The Secret Life of Bees
The Secret Life of Bees

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 2 Nov. 2015
Wasn't sure to start with but persevered and it was well worth it. I read it on holiday a month ago and I'm still thinking about it. With memorable characters - some you really care about -this is one I will reread and certainly recommend to friends.

Tanto Thread and Needle Organiser
Tanto Thread and Needle Organiser
Offered by Very Crafty

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent -does just what it says., 2 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Tanto Thread and Needle Organiser
Great for keeping threads from tangling. I do a lot of cross stitch and seemed to spend a lot of time untangling threads from the cardboard thread sorter. Now I can just go straight to the thread required, pull out a strand and go! Brilliant idea. I have 2 big projects on the go at the moment so I ordered a separate "wheel" direct from Tanto. It arrived within the week complete with an extra hook, elastic bands and blank sheets. So I've now got 2 wheels set up and it's easy to swop them over depending on which project I'm working on.
The only negative thing is that it's not as sturdy as it looks -easy to knock over which is why they supply the elastic bands to keep it all in place. It would have been nicer in wood -but then the price would be so much more.
So overall I am delighted with this product.

The Ballroom Café
The Ballroom Café

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother......., 19 Oct. 2015
I chose this as a holiday read as I thought the synopsis of the plot sounded fascinating - secrets to be revealed, an old house needing saving.....
I managed to read half of it -very disappointed from the word go but hoping it would get better. It didn't! The house sounded as if it should have been condemned years ago -the thought of it being allowed to operate as a cafe was absolutely preposterous. The main characters were so shallow it was impossible to care about any of them - they seemed to just "talk at" each other rather than have an in depth conversation. The minor characters were even worse - the lady post mistress seemed to spend all her time running up the drive to impart various bits of news - who was left in charge whilst she was doing that? There was a very obliging chap who seemed to spend his time driving people to various places - did he get paid in money or was he just satisfied with a pat on the shoulder which did seem to be the case? The house itself was huge and obviously in it's own grounds -why would people bother trekking up the drive for a drink and cake when there was a perfectly adequate cafe in the town?
I could go on but life is too short. Once home I realised I hadn't got the will to try and finish this - only the second book I have been unable to finish. Really disappointed but so grateful it was cheap!!!

Kolay iPod Nano 7G 7th Generation Case Cover   Sock
Kolay iPod Nano 7G 7th Generation Case Cover Sock
Offered by iDelta UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 27 July 2015
This is great value! Does the job - the nano fits perfectly in the wallet, the wallet slips into the knitted sock and you can also pop the headphones in alongside. Delivery was excptionally quick too. Really pleased!

The Duchess of Windsor: A Memoir
The Duchess of Windsor: A Memoir

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Jan. 2015
With a mother who idolized the Prince of Wales and has been bitter for nearly 80 years about the whole abdication thing, I have grown up fascinated with this couple and have read anything I could about them.
This book would, I thought, throw more light on them - being written by someone who could be considered a contemporary. Unfortunately I found it to be lightweight- apart from a few photos I hadn't seen before, there was nothing new in it. It felt as if it had been 're- hashed' from other people's works, and wasn't particularly well structured. Also lots of typos made it even more annoying. Glad I only paid 99p for it!

Jigsaw Puzzles Epic
Jigsaw Puzzles Epic

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Jigsaw Puzzles Epic (App)
Virtual jigsaws - what's not to like?

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Deep Moisture 135 ml
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Deep Moisture 135 ml
Offered by We Ship Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 23 May 2014
Wonderful stuff. Bought originally in the States when my legs dried up and started cracking. Worked very quickly so disappointed not to find in the U.K. obviously more expensive to buy this way, but worth it.

Seven Dwarfs: Queen's Return (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Seven Dwarfs: Queen's Return (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing......, 28 Feb. 2014
Thank goodness it was free! Crashed constantly, so extremely frustrating. Now deleted from my device. Had to give it one star as cannot give zero.

Rod: The Autobiography
Rod: The Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 26 Jan. 2014
I'm not a great fan of autobiographies of pop stars and "modern" celebrities - much prefer historical figures and old film stars! But this was great. No holds barred, this was Rod warts and all. He's certainly not a saint but he comes across with charm and you can forgive him all the affairs, drugs and naughtiness which has been part and parcel of his 'Rock 'n Roll" lifestyle. Read it and enjoy

Nemo's Reef
Nemo's Reef

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthy but boring, 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Nemo's Reef (App)
Sorry, couldn't get on with it at all. Beautiful graphics but seemed very slow. I thought slow would suit me being a pensioner but alas, not this one.

Page: 1 | 2