Profile for A. I. Mackay > Reviews

Content by A. I. Mackay

A. I. Mackay "aimac" (Orpington, england)

Edge: The Loner
Edge: The Loner
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars predictable to a tee and some pretty poor actors hamming it up, 10 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Edge: The Loner (Amazon Video)
cartoonish & cliche, predictable to a tee and some pretty poor actors hamming it up

Cowon X7 120GB Portable Media Player - White
Cowon X7 120GB Portable Media Player - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there yet, 2 Aug. 2013
I was desperately looking for an MP3 player that held over 100GB as an alternative to the ipod classic, after looking at reviews I went with the Cowon X7.

Some of the negatives I read about on reviews were about the touch screen not being great, I adjusted to it in about 20 minutes and it is certainly better than the wheel of frustration on the ipod, the other complaint was about the artwork not fitting the screen, but I liked the effect, the bigger problem was getting artwork to appear at all! The effort involved was excessive, involving ripping a CD, then tagging the artwork with MP3, then updating all media on my computer in Windows Media Player before syncing to the X7.

I tried a few different media players, but none of them sync perfectly with this device and if Cowon could develop a media player specifically for their products, it would improve this greatly. I also found problems with some of the files on the X7 having different info to what was on Windows MP, but couldn't edit.

The sound is good, although I didn't here anything extraordinary in it.

In the end I returned this and will have to go back to the ipod, but I will keep an eye on Cowon to see if they develop their brand from here

Rappalachia [Explicit]
Rappalachia [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Ain't No Stopping' This, 21 May 2013
A more collaborative effort than the first album expands the sound from the awesomely titled first album. Where 'Lightning on The Strings...' is a very interesting debut, the use of more guest rappers on this follow up makes for a real party, the vibe continually upbeat and the mash-up of genres while fun, never becoming lazy or cliche. This album introduced me to some great new rappers, but generally I just love it 'cause it's good