Profile for Gregory > Reviews

Content by Gregory

Gregory

Ecandy Bluetooth Wireless Over-ear Stereo Headphones Wireless/Wired Headsets with Microphone for Music Streaming For iPhone 6s 6 5s 4s, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices,Gold
Offered by LOBKIN-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Visually pleasing, but does it get the job done?, 3 April 2016
I'm in two minds about this as I read many good reviews of this praising its looks and assuring sound quality. The looks were beautiful as expected but the sound quality... not to much.

I currently use Apple Earbuds that came with my iPhone, but wanted something that could deliver more of an impact, as I found that when I really got into a song and want to turn it up, it's already on maximum volume - so I sought out headphones such as these as there doesn't seem to be as much as a restriction on the sound.

The moment I plugged in the AUX cable I was disappointed. There was immediate interference. For whatever reason, it opened my iTunes and started playing a Movie. After closing that and testing the sound on YouTube, no sound was playing so I had to fiddle with the cable and when there was finally sound, it locked my MacBook's volume setting so I couldn't turn the volume up or down. I tried this on my iPhone to find a similar outcome, interference and then after playing a song I can't pause it or adjust the volume.

I switched the AUX cable to a previous one I had which worked, but it made the quality poor and tinny. The only thing I had left to try was the Bluetooth which works as it should. Unfortunately though, music etc. plays louder with a cable than via Bluetooth and this is the issue I wanted to avoid. I wanted something to boost the sound, not diminish it.

I guess I'll just have to invest in a good quality cable, but I should have been able to use the one provided for quite a while.

iPhone 6s Plus Screen Protector, JETech 2-Pack [3D Touch Compatible] Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Apple iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus Newest Model 5.5 - 0813
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Mar. 2016
The screen protector comes packed pretty professionally with all you need in a neat little box - always good to have a spare and quality cloth to clean your screen with.

The only issue that I had was that it's pretty much an 'exact' fit so being 1mm off or at applied at a slight angle means that one of 3 things will happen:

1) Your camera will be covered
2) Your home button will be covered
3) Your screen won't be fully covered

I do like the overall feel though and that I'm still able to use the 3D Touch with it.

Yousave Accessories® iPhone 6S Plus Case Ultra Thin [Sept 2015 Model] Invisible Clear Exact Fit Silicone Gel Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars These guys know their stuff, 21 Jan. 2016
I have a problem with phone cases. I love to have them, but I quickly become bored as I like to see the colour of the phone and the logo and not have it be bulky.

You can then argue that you can just pick up a random clear case and be done with it, but the experiences I've had so far with this is that they seem to get scratched very easily and aren't really firm with the phone which is what impressed me with this.

They say it's "precision fit" which it really is - you can't just slap it on like others I've come across. In fact, it took me a little effort as you can feel it's really meant to hug the phone and give you the look and feel like you don't actually have a case on.

I would have selfishly liked an extra screen protector as my first attempt had the protector covered in dust before I even applied it... a win is a win though with fast delivery to boot.

Duronic ST10B - 10 Way 2 Metre surge Tower Extension Cord | Lead Socket - 2M - Engineered to tell you when its surge protected - Black
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars What I really needed, 21 Jan. 2016
Really needed this for my set up as I have numerous consoles in one unit with some plugs lifting my previous extension lead off the floor as they weren't long enough.

It blends into the background for me, looks cleaner and is very reasonably sized.

The only issue I seem to be having (not sure which is causing the problem) is that my PlayStation 4 had a problem where it kept going to sleep mode, turning off and restarting itself many times in a few minutes - even turning itself on and starting in safe mode when it was completely shut down. Using my previous extension seems to have resolved the issue, but everything else works great.

Only reason it's 4 stars really is that I personally don't like multiple devices being on standby mode. Ironic obviously since the purpose is to be able to connect multiple devices to it, but I have seen that there are some extensions that have individual switches to solve that. I found this to be better value at the time though, couldn't resist!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 12 Sept. 2014
These headphones are not the best and like myself, these products are only bought because your original headphones have gone missing or are broken.
I'm not an audiophile, but it's very easy to tell the drop in quality from this and genuine headphones. They products pretty quiet and tinny sounds. They're cheap so are good replacement for that reason but that's pretty much it. Don't complain after buying them at this price as you should know, you'll get what you pay for.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars From Wary to Pleased, 21 May 2013
I bought this item on the 17th of January 2013. I was very skeptical as there are many reviews from one extreme end to another. Some say it killed their MacBook Pro, while others' say it works like a charm and I'm part of the latter.

A lot of research was done by myself before I even added this to my basket. I visited the Apple website of course to see the price of their own and this is far cheaper in comparison, but no only that... the reviews of Apple's on adapters were terrible and this made me believe that buying the cheaper alternative would not be so bad.

There's also advice saying you should not buy this 60W adapter for an 80W MacBook Pro because it either will not charge, or it will do so very slowly while overheating. I bought and tried this nonetheless and found that though it took awhile to charge the first time (maybe because the laptop was dead for so long after the previous adapter stopped functioning) it worked well after that and did not overheat. Just to be sure, I unplugged it every time it completed its charge and now it's the 21st of May 2013 - it's working just the same as it did back in January and I'm not afraid of having it blow up.

I did make sure to buy the adapter extension since my original was so short and this may change the experience some people have, I'm not sure and will not say it will increase the lifespan but I think this product deserves a chance.

3 Pack Lcd Mirror Screen Protector For iPhone 4 4G
3 Pack Lcd Mirror Screen Protector For iPhone 4 4G

1.0 out of 5 stars Massive disappointment, 25 Mar. 2012
First and foremost; do NOT let the picture fool you. I have seen people use superb quality mirror screen protectors that actually look like the preview picture where the whole face of your phone literally becomes a mirror and therefore, you cannot see the face colour of the phone let alone the screen. This protector however is nothing like that and only appears to be a regular protector that is tinted. It ruins the quality of the screen heavily (as in vibrant colours become dull even at maximum brightness), it causes a rainbow effect at every angle and using this in daylight could be hazardous to your eyes as it reflects light very easily. I had to shift one to my friend just so I could get rid of a screen protector. I cannot see anybody using this for more than a week.

The one good thing about it though is that it's easy to put on, I did not get any bubbles on my first and last attempt.

Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)
Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Saviour to the 3DS!, 3 Dec. 2011
I've had the 3DS since release and after much waiting, have finally received this game! Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land have brought the 3DS to life instead of those not so good 3rd party games.

Mario Kart 7 is an AMAZING game, it's bright, vibrant and will have your mouth wide open when you race on your first course. The graphics aren't as good as the Wii's but the 3DS produces quality lighting and shading effects which make it look much better than on Mario Kart Wii.

The glider is a nice way to cruise through the course and you'll feel like a fan boy remembering all the GameCube, Wii, N64 and SNES courses. The music on this game is also very appealing, has me turning my volume way up.

With every game like this though, I believe that playing with other people (friends and online) is what pushes the game to it's peak. With a Mario game you never know when a blue shell will come and hit you right at the finish line or a lightning bolt striking you down from your glider at the worst possible moment and this adds to the excitement... As well as frustration when you know victory was in your almighty grasp!

The only downside I'd say is that there's a lack of characters. I'd of loved to see the baby characters, Dry Bones, Toadette, Diddy Kong etc. But it makes up for it in a sense with new characters and your own Mii Character which looks far better than the Mii racer on Mario Kart Wii, so treat yourself, siblings or children for Christmas.

Get gliding, diving and screaming; enjoy all the courses, new and old, but for those that fear Rainbow Road beware, there are two Rainbow Roads in this game - MWUHAHAHAHA.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2011 11:55 AM GMT