Profile for jopsy > Reviews

Content by jopsy

jopsy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Tom's Midnight Garden (BBC Audio)
Tom's Midnight Garden (BBC Audio)
by Philippa Pearce

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 10 Feb. 2013
I have read the book. My 7 year old has not. She enjoyed the story CD so much, she decided to read the book. From readng the book she decided to write her own version of the story! It has really inspired her!

LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar
LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar
Offered by rarebrix

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 year old boy fun!, 10 Feb. 2013
I have never bought one of these before (we always get Mobilo) I bought this for my friends son's 5th birthday. He was thrilled! He couldn't wait to open the doors each day! His Dad said it was their favourite Xmas/Birthday thing! They are already planning on buying another next year!

The Worst Witch
The Worst Witch
by Jill Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Worst Witch (Audio CD)
My daughter loves witches, she has read all of the books. As a Xmas gift I bought her the CD's. She was thrilled! A good buy!

Write Your Own Storybook
Write Your Own Storybook
by Louie Stowell
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 year old inspired, 10 Feb. 2013
Well set out, user friendly. If your child likes writing, this is the book for them. My 7 year old, finds it really useful. We have had many discussions around this book. I would buy more if I could for my more reluctant writers in class!

The Box Of Delights: BBC Radio 4 Full-cast Dramatisation (BBC Radio Collection)
The Box Of Delights: BBC Radio 4 Full-cast Dramatisation (BBC Radio Collection)
by John Masefield
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars We love the story. We own the DVD. We needed the CD!, 10 Feb. 2013
A great Xmas story. I have loved this story for at least 30 years.We own a battered copy of the book, and the DVD (well played) My daughter (aged 7) is just as pleased with the CD. A favourite!

Christmas Carol Time (Piano Solo/Duet)
Christmas Carol Time (Piano Solo/Duet)
by Dame Fanny Waterman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanny Waterman is FAB, 10 Feb. 2013
My 7 year old plays the piano. We have lots of piano books. By far our favourites are always books by this lady! My daughters piano teacher recommended her, and we haven't looked back. This was our 1st Christmas with songs around the piano-Long may it continue!

Made By Me
Made By Me
by Jane Bull

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw this in 'real life', had to have it!, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Made By Me (Hardcover)
I run a sewing club at school. This book was brought in by a pupil. I had it on my Amazon wish list for ages! Once I saw it I came home and bought it straight away! The children like it (ages 6-11) My daughter likes it (age 7) and I like it (age not needed ;) It's lovely, well set out. It is inspirational. The photo's are great!

Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
by Lauren Child

5.0 out of 5 stars My second purchase of this book, 10 Feb. 2013
I own the hardback. This book was a gift for my sister (in her 30's) It was to inspire her photography of her Blythe doll! (Big heads, small bodies, collectables) She loves it! My daughter 7, loves it, I LOVE it! A really beautiful book!

Sewing School: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
Sewing School: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
by Amie Plumley
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Craft Club fun, 10 Feb. 2013
I run a 'Stitch club' at school. It's for years 3-6 (ages 6-11) The children really like the layout, it has inspired them. My own 7 year old wants to try and make all of these as soon as possible! If you are crafty, and can support your child then it is a good buy!

Quilting Modern
Quilting Modern
by Jacqui Gering

3.0 out of 5 stars Well set out, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Quilting Modern (Paperback)
A well set out book. It just isn't for me, sadly. I waited and waited to buy this (I try to pace myself) I used Birthday money. It's well organised. The quilts are nice; but it just left me feeling sad! I wish I had spent my money on something else. I'm not really sure who it's aimed at. I'm a crafter, sewer, newish to quilting. I have lots of other more inspiring books-Sorry

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11