Profile for S. T. Mitchell > Reviews

Content by S. T. Mitchell

S. T. Mitchell "smitchlovesfunk" (england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Esthetik Of Destruction
The Esthetik Of Destruction

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, dark, electric, groovy, 13 Feb. 2013
Saw them live when they supported mogwai. Absolutely great. I guess you could say think of a heavy, dark, blusey kind of Kraftwerk.

Kensington International Travel Charger For iPod And iPhone
Kensington International Travel Charger For iPod And iPhone
Offered by vinciann-it

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great all around the world., 13 Feb. 2013
I have been to so many countries: Korea, Spain, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Mongolia, India, Egypt... and the UK. It worked everywhere. It charged an iPod, a kindle, and mobile phones. GREAT!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tuner, 13 Feb. 2013
its a chromatic tuner. It works great. I have never had trouble with it. I don't know what else to say

Elite Custom Race Composite Bottle Cage - White/Union Flag
Elite Custom Race Composite Bottle Cage - White/Union Flag
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with it., 13 Feb. 2013
It's a bottle cage, it holds my bottle very snuggly. I ride MTB and even over the roughest terrain the bottle does not come loose.
Oh, it does fall out when the bike is upside down though, but what do you expect!

Schmidt Ligretto Red Edition Card Game
Schmidt Ligretto Red Edition Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, 13 Feb. 2013
If you like games that involve skill and speed then you will love this game!

With a mixture of speed, skill and luck, this game is great for just two players all the way up to twelve players (if you have three sets).

Savage Nylon Tyre Lever Set
Savage Nylon Tyre Lever Set
Offered by bikes4life limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for MTB tires that are not too tight (compared to road bike tires), 13 Feb. 2013
I have a mountain bike and my tyres are fairly "stretchy" so they come off and go on pretty easily. These tyre levers perform really well for me.

But recently I watched a friend try to remove his tyres on his road bike, the tyres were incredibly tight and his tyre levers snapped instantly. Another friend had a really strong tyre lever, (possibly metal?) and that worked well for the road bike. I did not really want to try these tyre levers on that tight tyre. The tyre levers here are stronger than his cheap weak ones I am sure, but I don't know if they would have been up to the job of removing his tight road tyre.

**edit Jan 2014**

Since that incident another friend of mine got a puncture and he has incredibly tight tyres. I used these tyre leavers to remove the tyre. The tyre was so tight it took about half an hour to get off but the tyre leavers did not break!

Polisport California Rear Mudguard
Polisport California Rear Mudguard
Offered by home_essentials

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great, 13 Feb. 2013
This mudguard protects my back really well; much better than the cheap one I used to have that I bought from poundland.

It has a nice attaching mechanism which doesn't require any tools.

The problem I find is that it moves out of position when I ride off road over bumps, or side on to the wind. The plastic material doesn't grip well to the seat post so I have been able to fix this problem by wrapping duck tape around my seat post and then putting the mudguard on over the duck tape. Now the plastic grips much better to the duck tape and the mud guard doesn't move out of position.

Salter Mechanical Bathroom Scales with Magnified Display - White
Salter Mechanical Bathroom Scales with Magnified Display - White

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not great, 13 Feb. 2013
The scale works very well, it can easily be calibrated to zero unlike what some other reviewers said.

However, the problem is the accuracy; it's hard even to measure to the nearest kilogram. If you want to measure to a tenth of a kilo then better get some electronic scales.

Kryptonite Evolution Mini-7 FlexFrame Lock with 4-Feet Kryptoflex Cable - Black/Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't failed me yet, 6 Dec. 2012
I use my lock mostly at my university campus. Some times I leave it outside the train station. At first I was always nervous leaving my bike but this is a pretty solid lock and I feel more confident. It is quite heavy though, but if it wasn't it probably would be so strong!

I have a mountain bike with quite wide tyres. I can fit the D lock around the back wheel, one seat stay (sometime two if the bike park tube is thin) and the bike park tube. The cable loops around my front wheel then on to the D lock.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2015 2:07 PM GMT

EyezOff GP96 Alloy Mini Bike Pump (Black/Aluminium) w/ mounting bracket
EyezOff GP96 Alloy Mini Bike Pump (Black/Aluminium) w/ mounting bracket
Offered by MemoryC

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing Pump, 6 Dec. 2012
Was really pleasantly surprised by this pump. It is extremely efficient for its size. It fits both Presta and Schrader valves. It comes set up to Schrader so if you want it for Presta you have to do some tinkering. Took me about 3 minutes using some common sense. Also comes with a simple attachment to allow you to fit it to your frame.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3