Profile for Little Rabbits > Reviews

Content by Little Rabbits

Little Rabbits "Ed" (Scotland)

Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Razor! Hello Epilator!, 2 Oct. 2014
I hummed and hawed over whether to buy an epilator or not - I did a whole load of web searching on the "how painful is epilation" subject over the period of about 2 months, and I actually had another epilator in my basket for a few weeks debating on pressing the purchase button when I came across a review stating this was one of the least painful epilators someone had ever used, and I was swayed by the money back offer, so I ditched the other and replaced it with this one. I shaved my legs on Monday morning of this week (it's now Thursday) and was so annoyed to feel them like sandpaper by bedtime that I bit the bullet and finally purchased - the alleged torture device arrived the next day.
As I said, I've been reading up, so planning a bath for thursday night I decided this would be the ideal time to test it out.
As someone suggested I took 2 ibuprofen half an hour before hand, soaked myself for 15 minutes and began.....it was nothing like I expected - oh the stories about pain and suffering, people who wax their legs saying this is so painful!
Nope! I am not a waxer - it's been shaving all the way for me for over 20 years now, I've attempted to have my legs waxed once, many moons ago and didn't get past the first strip - waxing is a definite no no for me, it's far too painful, so imagine my surprise when I didn't suffer much discomfort with this at all - tiny little pricks, almost like tiny needles, but the pain is over so quickly - I'm not going to lie and say its a comfortable experience, but it's definitely nothing like I was expecting - I did squirt a little shower gel onto my legs before hand to make the machine glide a little better, and it was so 'unpainful' I upped the speed to the second setting!
The most discomfort came from me having to contort myself around in the bath to try to reach the awkward bits at the back of my ankles (probably the area with most discomfort) so next time I will be carrying out the task in the shower.
I can still feel tiny little hairs here and there on my legs, but I was expecting this what with only shaving on Monday (although most of my leg hair had grown to about 3mm). Whether this helped with the pain or not I can't say, but I will be carrying out another pass next week to catch the stragglers.
Anyone who isn't sure whether to try epliation should definitely take the plunge and try this little marvel!
No more shaving for me!

Lloytron B7501BK Wireless Mains Plug-In Door Chime
Lloytron B7501BK Wireless Mains Plug-In Door Chime
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, 17 Mar. 2012
As others have mentioned this doorbell refuses to chime unless pressed twice in rapid succession so I have missed the postman on several occasions. The button clicks ok so anyone outside the door thinks it is working fine, its just not ringing inside. I'll be nipping off to B&Q today to purchase one I know works.
This is a pity as the plug in feature is ideal, and I really like the blue light surround. It is a smart looking doorbell which unfortunately is not fit for its purpose.

LUPO Black Netbook Neoprene Pouch Case Sleeve - Fits up to 10.2" Inch Netbooks & Apple Ipad

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 13 April 2010
I wanted a cheap but useful cover for my Asus Eee PC so that I could shove it in my backpack or holdall that would stop it getting scratched or bumped.
This little cover is ideal - not too bulky so it's not taking up loads of room in my bag, but cushioned enough that it's protecting the netbook. The zip is well sewing in and is double-ended for ease of opening. A great little cover for a great price.

Casio MSG-161C-7VER ladies Baby-G Digital Watch
Casio MSG-161C-7VER ladies Baby-G Digital Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch - very unusual!, 6 April 2009
I bought this watch and love it. I don't find it particularly difficult to read, as others have mentioned, but you should be aware that instead of the usual black numbers on a grey background the face is white with the numbers appearing as silver/mirror effect. It is chunky, as are most Baby G watches, and the bracelet is white/silver with a clasp - it was easy to remove a few links to get it to fit. I'm really pleased with it.

200 knitted blocks for blankets, throws and afghans
200 knitted blocks for blankets, throws and afghans
by Jan Eaton

2.0 out of 5 stars Isn't that cheating????, 10 Mar. 2006
I must admit to being a bit dissapointed with this book - it came in the post, I unwrapped it, I opened the cover to the list of all the squares - it started out well, but after about 50 squares the author cops out and just duplicated each one five times or so in five different colours or variations. This was a real let down - I realise that it must be difficult to think of 50 squares, but I'm sure given a stitch dictionary and a couple of hours most of us could come up with some better ideas than having the last half being a case of "no51 - cable stitch square in red and blue, no52-cable stitch square in green and white" etc, etc. If you are looking for a Blanket or Afghan book either buy a stitch dictionary and do the work yourself, or go look under Debbie Abrahams!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars My Tuppenceworth...., 10 Mar. 2006
It makes a nice cup of coffee - I do think the water resevoir could be a bit bigger however as I like my coffee in a mug and even filling it up to the minimum for two cups isn't enough to fill a mug (and it's not even a particularly big mug either).
The only other downside is that I like my coffee quite strong, and I don't think the coffee pods quite live up to their promises - I've started using the fitting for two instead of one, even though I've tried various different strengths and flavours of pod there doesn't appear to be alot of difference.
Having said all that, its a really reasonable price for filter like coffee without the hassle (I'll keep the filter for the weekends thanks!) and much better than a mug of instant!

Blankets and Throws to Knit: Patterns and Piecing Instructions for 100 Knitted Squares
by Debbie Abrahams
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 10 Feb. 2004
Eagerly ripped open the package when the postman came and was immediately inspired. Straight off to the wool shop after breakfast and spent the rest of the weekend engrossed. Really easy to follow instructions and patterns, and each square knits up really quickly meaning you don't get bored doing the one piece. Can't wait to finish this one to start another!!!! A really well designed book (ringbinding so the pages stay open by themselves), with clear pictures of each square.