Profile for Martin > Reviews

Content by Martin

Martin (St Andrews, Scotland)

Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad Two Fans Laptop Cooler Fits - 15-17 Inches
Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad Two Fans Laptop Cooler Fits - 15-17 Inches
Offered by Golden Snow Fox

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 6 Aug. 2011
When I ordered this chill mat I wasn't too convinced about it's quality, but having considered my previous experience with Targus' products I decided to give it a try.
The chill mat does what it says on the box. When I put it under my 2010 MacBook Pro it cools down by 5-6 degrees, but when I switch the fans on I get on average 14 degrees less. The fans are quite noisy compared to those inside my MacBook, but I wouldn't say they're loud. This is actually what I expected from a fan installed just under a big plate of plastic.
The only problem is that when I put my MacBook on it, my palms are higher than elbows and therefore after a few hours I get some pain in my elbows. However, it is the same story with all other mats.
All in all, I would say it's a great product and I would recommend it to everyone.

Poland: A history
Poland: A history
by Adam Zamoyski

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 29 July 2011
This review is from: Poland: A history (Hardcover)
It really is a great book. Being Polish I have tried to read up on the history of my country for many years and have failed to find a book that outlines all the most important facts and at the same time encourages the reader to finish it. This was the case until I found this book. Short, entertaining and very informative - I believe such books should be used to teach students in schools.

HP 21 Black Original Ink Cartridge (C9351AE)
HP 21 Black Original Ink Cartridge (C9351AE)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money?, 2 Dec. 2008
Some people suggest that buying this product is pointless as you can print only ~150 pages with it. Well, if you only use original ink, the above statement is true.
I, on the other hand, used refill kits when I ran out of ink. It's unbelievable, but I refilled it over 14 times!! All other cartridges let you refill them only 3-4 times and then produce very poor quality or even stop working.

Exploring Corporate Strategy Enhanced Media Edition, 7th Edition:Text and Cases (Enhanced Media   Text & Case)
Exploring Corporate Strategy Enhanced Media Edition, 7th Edition:Text and Cases (Enhanced Media Text & Case)
by Gerry Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice academic book, 17 May 2008
I used this book as main textbook on one of the units on my universtiy and I have to say that it is one of only few course books that I would recommend. It is well written in terms of structure and explaining the specific terms. It also contains many nice case studies that can help you see how the theory works in practice. Strong recommendation to all business-related students.

Floorfillers 2
Floorfillers 2
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Floorfillers 2 (Audio CD)
It is one of the best dance cds that I have ever had and probably it is also the best I will have in my whole life. The tunes on this CD are brilliant. While listening to them you can feel as if you were on the gigantic party.