Profile for C-87 > Reviews

Content by C-87

C-87

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Jumbo Pink 10 Colour 10 In 1 Multicolour Retractable Click Ballpoint Pen Blister Pack
Offered by Lizzy Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for laughs but love the pen!!, 23 May 2014
Bought this as a present for my girlfriend after we seen a smaller version in a shop and both laughed as we remembered them from our childhood. I recently used the pen and was expecting it to be low quality and the ink to be dry and feel the nib of the pen scratching against the paper, just how I remembered it as a child...but I was totally wrong! The pen glided across the paper and I would go as far as saying it was one of the most comfortable pens I've written with in quite a while. It's great fun and always gives me and my partner a laugh when using it....sadly you still can't press down all the different colours at once :P

Definitely recommend it!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Are YC making weaker scented candles?, 23 May 2014
Bought some yankee candles for my partners birthday as they have been her favourite scented candles for a long time. However we've both agreed that recently Yankee candles seem to be giving off less scent. I would go as far as questioning if YC are skimping on the quality of candles whilst mass producing their candles due to demand. Sometimes I didn't even know the candles were lit because of the lack of any scent. We've since been to morrisons and bought one of their own large scented candles for £2 and it's gives off a much more powerful scent than the Yankee candles we got.

Yankee Candle Small Jar Candle, Fluffy Towel

1001Cables - Mouse Mat Black - Mouse Pad
1001Cables - Mouse Mat Black - Mouse Pad
Offered by SWEETS++

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 21 April 2014
Decent cheap mouse mat, edges did start to fray after 2-3 weeks though but it's cheap and does the job.

Generation Kill - Complete HBO Series [Blu-ray]
Generation Kill - Complete HBO Series [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Alexander Skarsgård
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great series from HBO, 11 Jun. 2013
HBO have a nack of producing great mini-series like Band of Brothers, The Pacific, The Wire etc etc. Generation Kill is no different, with top notch storyline and acting from lesser known actors who still bring their A-game to the screen. Highly recommend this series, especially if you love war themed TV and movies.

Live [DVD] [2009]
Live [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Creed
Offered by jim-exselecky

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, just horrible., 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
As a huge Creed fan I was excited for this when it came out, how many times have I watched it in total? probably 2 or 3 times. The musical performances from Flip, Brian, Erock and Mark are just what you expect from quality musicians (the only reason I gave it 2 stars) but one man ruins it for them all...yeah Stapp...surprised? no not really. His vocals are horrible, he obviously pushed himself too much earlier in the tour or just doesn't warm up properly. Years of forcing that growly grungy type vocal and a history of vocal nodules, alcohol and smoking certainly haven't done Scott any good. If you're thinking of getting this, just don't waste your money, go spend it on something else. You'll probably watch this once out of curiosity and then it will sit on a shelf collecting dust like mine.

Restrepo [DVD]
Restrepo [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Hetherington
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good insight into the war in Afghanistan, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Restrepo [DVD] (DVD)
A interesting insight into what war was like in Afghanistan in 2007, a whole 6 years after it all began and they were still dishing out orders to hold onto these outposts in the middle of nowhere, cut off from any ground support and relying on helicopters bringing in supplies and reinforcements. They hold very little to no strategic importance, other than making themselves seen and heard, trying to flush the taliban and al qaeda out of the mountains. Surrounded on all sides by Taliban and locals, some hostile and some who you get the feeling just wished they would leave them in peace. Watching this and seeing men risk their lives on a daily basis and see those that paid the ultimate sacrifice, it does make you wonder...how many more outposts were there like Restrepo? and how many more paid with their lives, and for what? for them to abandon them, having made no progress in the region.

United [DVD] [2011]
United [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: United [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
As every United fan knows, this is an important part of our history, not something to be taken lightly and I'm happy to say the BBC did a very good job with it. Some of the roles in the movie could have been given to better actors, but that's a matter of personal taste and opinion. Would like to have seen someone else take on the role of Sir Matt, Dougray Scott portrays him as some sort of moody godfather like gangster, walking about the place with a swagger. Jack O'Connell and David Tennant on the other hand do a great job. Have gone back to watch this many times.

Alter Bridge - Live at Wembley European Tour 2011 [Blu-ray & CD] [2012]
Alter Bridge - Live at Wembley European Tour 2011 [Blu-ray & CD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Alter Bridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy for any Alter Bridge fan!, 11 Jun. 2013
With the band embarking on their first ever arena tour, what a better way to remember it than with this amazing live recording. The blu-ray is great with top class high definition visuals and 5.1 surround sound, it makes this blu-ray a must own for any Alter Bridge fan. It comes with a great in depth documentary with interviews each band member (I'm in it!! woop!) and the bonus of the whole gig on CD. Can't fault it in any way, a big step up in quality from their Live in Amsterdam blu-ray. Can't wait to see them again this year with their next album, hopefully there is another blu-ray planned somewhere down the line for that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4