Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for erica's mum > Reviews

Content by erica's mum

erica's mum

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Westland Fish, Blood and Bone All Purpose Plant Food, 10 kg
Westland Fish, Blood and Bone All Purpose Plant Food, 10 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money., 1 Aug. 2016
Big Tub - Would recommend as value for money and to save getting a hernia carrying it home from the shop!

Father Paolo Baldi Mysteries: Death Cap & Devil Take The Hindmost (BBC Radio Crimes)
by Barry Devlin
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle unfolding of interesting situations, 24 July 2016
I love these stories and I find the acting of them so believable I re-fall in love with Baldi every time I listen to one! He is right up there with McLevy (King of my CD collection) as a "night cap" before bed.

The Durrells [DVD] [2016]
The Durrells [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Keeley Hawes

4.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable romp., 24 July 2016
This review is from: The Durrells [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
Well written, well cast, well acted and beautiful scenery. I enjoyed every minute of it.

The Lynda La Plante Collection - Widows/She's Out [DVD]
The Lynda La Plante Collection - Widows/She's Out [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ann Mitchell
Offered by Wowudo

3.0 out of 5 stars Too dated to be enjoyable, alas!, 24 July 2016
Sadly, this is a product of its time and we have moved on - I had not realised just how much we had moved on until I watched this. I could not even enjoy it as a 'period piece' because I had no empathy with the women. I wish I could understand what I saw in it when I watched and enjoyed it on TV all those years ago, I still like to watch an occasional episode of The Sweeny which is just as dated.

The Hollow Crown: The War of the Roses [DVD] [2015]
The Hollow Crown: The War of the Roses [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Dominic Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars If you were put off at school, give this a go. It may get you hooked!, 23 July 2016
An absolute joy to watch. This follows on from the previous Hollow Crown series, which I found riveting. I think it really useful to have the subtitles on - my modern ears are not really tuned to the language of the time in which the plays were written.

The Wrong Shape and the Three Tools of Death
The Wrong Shape and the Three Tools of Death
by G. K. Chesterton
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Reader not to my taste, 23 July 2016
Faithful enough to the stories but (and I realise this is personal preference) I just did not like the voice of the person reading. I found it annoying and it really spoiled the experience. I had not realised this was an American production and was taken aback at the pronunciation of Chesterton which may not have helped.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Sink Strainer
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Sink Strainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one for every plughole!, 16 July 2016
I can't believe how much stuff must have been washing down my plughole before I bought this! Highly recommend.

Spear & Jackson Pump Action Pressure Sprayer, 5 L - Colours May Vary
Spear & Jackson Pump Action Pressure Sprayer, 5 L - Colours May Vary

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a disappointment, 16 July 2016
I found it quite hard work to pump it up and to slide the handle under the lugs. It ran out of steam quite quickly and the initial good spray soon fizzles out. The pressure release is in a stupid place, it is really easy to catch it whilst you are trying to pump it up or fix the handle into the lugs. I have been unable to get the spray to be very adjustable - it is either a fine spray or a jet. I am female in early sixties, so obviously if you are strong, young and fit you may not have these problems.

Trainspotting [DVD] [1996]
Trainspotting [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern classic, 5 July 2016
This review is from: Trainspotting [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
I honestly think this should be shown in schools as it is the most honest depiction of drug taking I have ever seen. The acting and script are of the finest quality. Even though it was made so long ago, it stands the test of time.

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 [DVD]
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stewart Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars We thought it, he said it., 5 July 2016
Dry as a bone and a joy to have a comedy 'vehicle' which does not insult one's intelligence (though being from the north I did bristle a bit on occasion). Don't miss the extras as they are brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20