Profile for Donald Butterworth > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Ryobi RLT26CDS 26cc Petrol Line Trimmer
Ryobi RLT26CDS 26cc Petrol Line Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad starting problem solved, 14 July 2015
I bought one of these a couple of years ago and for the first year it caused me no end of frustration due to very poor starting. It would start initially after about ten pulls which I was sort of accepting as normal even though Ryobi claim this to be "easy to start" on the box and in the literature. The big problem was that when I switched it off whilst clearing up the hedge cuttings it just would not start again no matter how many times I pulled on the cord ending up with lots of blisters in the process even wearing thick gardening gloves. I would end up getting so frustrated that I would just leave it alone and get on with other gardening jobs for an hour or so. Then when I tried to start it again it would eventually fire after about 10 pulls again - more blisters...!!!! At the start of this season I decided to try and find out the cause of the bad starting particularly as I had seen so many other reviews where people were complaining of the same problem. First thing I did was to buy a new spark plug just in case this was the reason for poor starting. When I took the old one out it looked like new and very clean, I did get the feeling though that the gap was not right as to the naked eye it looked somewhat excessive. When I checked the gap with my feeler gauge it was about three times that stated in the manual, so immediately I suspected this was the cause. I carried out limited cleaning of the plug and re-set the gap and hey presto the problem solved. I now have a Ryobi that lives up to the "easy start" claim on the box. It now is a pleasure to use and I no longer get frustrated wearing myself out trying to start the blessed thing. My recommendation to anyone who buys one of these is to check the spark plug gap before you use it as whoever assembles them cannot be trusted to set the gap. To those who have suffered the same poor starting problems as me and not already checked the spark plug gap then do so before you next use your Ryobi and you may just find the problem goes away just as I did....!!!!!! Happy hedge cutting & strimming to you all.

How to Make Money in ISAs and SIPPs: Tax-efficient Investing Made Easy
How to Make Money in ISAs and SIPPs: Tax-efficient Investing Made Easy
by Stephen Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars If you Invest then read this book and forget the rest!!!, 4 May 2014
In this book by Stephen Sutherland he sets out in a very logical and thorough way to share his views and experiences on the power of informed investing in ISA’s & SIPP’s in order to maximise their taxation benefits for individual investors. Stephen shares his experiences over the last 13 years in an open, honest and very transparent way, all of which is done in a very informal manner yet hitting all the right notes when it comes to facts and figures. In the 14 years since Stephen started out on his investment strategy he readily acknowledges that he has made mistakes which he quickly recognised and learned from in order to avoid again in the future. His comments clearly show how well he has researched the market and he is not afraid of helping readers avoid the pitfalls and gain benefit from the extensive investment knowledge he has gained – something which he admits is mainly “self taught”. Stephen hides nothing from the reader and openly shares his knowledge – I particularly like Chapter 6 – “How to Pick a Good Fund” – this for me is the most powerful chapter in the book and if you only read this then you can be excused for not reading the rest. As a relatively new client of ISACO this book was an enlightening read and helped me understand more about investing even though I have been an active investor for over 25 years. I would strongly recommend you read Stephens book cover to cover and don’t be afraid to learn from it and put into practice what you learn. This book will appeal to investors of all types – a must for those just venturing into the world of investing and equally for those who believe they are seasoned investors – my view is that you are never too experienced to stop learning – and any investor at any stage in between” My star rating is 5 –Excellent.

The Impossible Dream
The Impossible Dream

4.0 out of 5 stars The Impossible Dream, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Impossible Dream (Audio CD)
This was an impossible dream for me as the item never arrived - I guess it was one of the many "disappearing" items in the postal & courier systems in the high volume pre-Christmas period. Amazon did refund very quickly as I did not require a replacement as I had to hit the high street to buy one as it was needed for a present so could not wait for Amazon. The CD is what you may expect from this duo and is good entertainment and good value for money on Amazon. It cost me more on the high street plus the cost of petrol getting there!! I have no issues with the way Amazon handled the order and refund although they are in the hands of the carriers they chose.

Salford Buses: A Fascinating Pictorial Guide to Buses in Salford
Salford Buses: A Fascinating Pictorial Guide to Buses in Salford
by Ted Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories from long ago of Salford City Transport Buses, 9 Feb. 2014
I had been looking for this book for quite a while and when I saw it on Amazon at a reasonable price I thought that's for me to purchase. I have fond memories of the buses operated by Salford City Transport having travelled may miles on them in the early 60's to and from work in Manchester and Trafford Park. The familiar sound of the Gardner Diesel comes back to life when you see the pictures in this book which has a great selection of the buses operated by Salford City Transport up to the formation of Selnec. A great book and a must for anyone who has a love of Salford City Transport.

My Love's a 45
My Love's a 45

3.0 out of 5 stars My Love's a 45, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: My Love's a 45 (MP3 Download)
A free download courtesy of Amazon although I would rate as nothing special and not necessarily my kind of music.

MC Illin [Explicit]
MC Illin [Explicit]

3.0 out of 5 stars MC Illin (Explicit), 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: MC Illin [Explicit] (MP3 Download)

I Just Couldn't Eat As Much (As I'd Like to Throw Up)
I Just Couldn't Eat As Much (As I'd Like to Throw Up)

3.0 out of 5 stars I Just Couldn't Eat As Much (As I'd Like To Throw Up), 22 Jan. 2014

Drone Logic
Drone Logic

3.0 out of 5 stars Drone Logic, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Drone Logic (MP3 Download)

London Symphony Orchestra Highlights
London Symphony Orchestra Highlights

4.0 out of 5 stars London Symphony Orchestra Highlights, 22 Jan. 2014
As a free download from Amazon this can only be described as very good value. It is a collection of great classical pieces and a worthwhile addition to anyones music library.

Mrs Brown's Family Handbook
Mrs Brown's Family Handbook
by Brendan O'Carroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Brown's Family Handbook, 15 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my wife and she was over the moon as she is a fan of Mrs Brown and likes this book at lot. Must admit that I have also been reading it and it is so funny that I had tears running down my face after about 5 minutes!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8