Profile for Polina Jenkins > Reviews

Polina Jenkins (UK)

Set of 3 Solid hand carved Hardwood dark wood staggered pillar candle holders
Set of 3 Solid hand carved Hardwood dark wood staggered pillar candle holders

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product, fast delivery, 15 April 2016
Absolutely beautiful candle holders. Excellent quality, smooth wood, accurate carving. Very prompt delivery, each candle carefully packaged and the entire parcel was covered in extra bubble wrap too. Extremely pleased.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kenwood kMix TTM 024
Kenwood kMix TTM 024

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 5 Jan. 2015
Did the job well, however, broke within 2 years - not very impressive considering the price!

Philips HR2160/50 Blender with Pulse and Ice Crush, 600 Watt - Black
Philips HR2160/50 Blender with Pulse and Ice Crush, 600 Watt - Black
Offered by Luzern

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 20 Jan. 2013
I used it exactly two times before I sent it back and got a full refund (thank you Amazon for great customer service).

First time, I tried to make a banana shake - it left chunks of banana floating around in the drink.

Second time, I tried to blend a leek & potato soup. Again, the choice of ingredients did not comprise anything tough (I mean you can mash potato by hand, so how hard can it be to do it with a blender?!). It really struggled, started to slow down and the motor smelled. When I took the jug off its base, the base was smoking.

Also, all the food/drinks made in it taste of plastic, despite the fact I pre-washed it before first use, as recommended.

Very disappointed.

Samsung LE26B450C4 26-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD Television with Freeview (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Quality, 17 July 2010
I ordered this TV as a small telly for one of our upstairs rooms - just as an extra to our main one. Well, this one (although quite a bit smaller than our main one) has actually a much clearer picture and great sound. Especially combined with the Sony Blu-Ray player that I got with it (BDPS370).
The clarity of the picture is so good, my little baby-sis almost ate the telly, when she saw an image of a chocolate cake on it - it looked so real! :-)

S.U.M.O. (Shut Up, Move On): The Straight-Talking Guide to Creating and Enjoying a Brilliant Life
by Paul McGee

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 4 July 2010
I read the book over a couple of days, however found it really useful to go over some chapters with a pen and a piece of paper in hand afterwards, to write down whether some things were true about me and how i could change them. The book basically makes you understand that regardless of how unfair life can be at times, where/who you end up being is really down to you. It also made me see how some of my not-so-bright steps led to really lovely things in my life. So, i guess, it's a cliche, but it really brought home the true meaning of "every cloud has a silver lining".

I truly recommend this to people who are looking for inspiration to become a better version of themselves. None of the psychological speak and no finding your 'inner child' - all written for grown-ups, made me smile and smirk quite a bit (because many things discussed were so true) and was full of author's personal life examples for every issue raised.

I thought it was brilliant.

Apples for Jam: Recipes for Life
Apples for Jam: Recipes for Life
by Tessa Kiros

5.0 out of 5 stars Aesthetics, fun and stlye in one bottle!, 2 Jun. 2006
Usually, I am the picky type of a book-reader. I not only need a good content or an interesting narrative. I also love hardcovers, stylish design, good-quality paper. To some people it might soud weird, but I feel that if I pay good money for a book, it should be good in all respects.

Well, Apples for Jam is a perfect example of a perfect book. Glossy pages, arty photographs that make you so hungry you want to chew your own tongue, children's funny drawings that bring out the very best in you and make you smile...

And on top of that, recipies that you actually are going to want to try! In just 2 days I have already cooked 3. And to do that, I didn't need to stock up my cupboard with weird ingredients like I had to with most of the "fancy chefs'" cookery books. The recipies are down-to-earth, simple but divine. Sometimes it's just 2-3 main ingredients, but the combination of flavours is fantastic. Some of the recipies are fun, some are healthy, some are more fiddly - but all of them are thoroughly explained. The magical bit is, with this book, whatever you try cooking out of it, works out the way it should - there is no plus or minus a spoon of flour, everything is pretty exact.

Therefore, you are guaranteed a delicious meal, a good mood and a happy smile.