Profile for JustLetMeReadThisChapter > Reviews

Content by JustLetMeReadT...

JustLetMeReadThisChapter (Stoke on Trent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F**k
Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F**k
by Thug Kitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars Thug kitchen? Hell yeah!, 12 Aug. 2015
What a fabulous cookbook! There is a wide range of recipes in here, with enough variety to tempt the choosiest of eaters. Reading through it sent me into a mad scramble through the store cupboard checking what herbs and spices I'd got and what dried/canned ingredients I have so that I can throw things together - and it's also made me a bit more adventurous with fresh stuff too.

Some people may not appreciate the language but I didn't find it offensive or distracting (and it gave me a good laugh at the same time). Go on...try it and eat like you give a f...........

Angry Jogger
Angry Jogger

5.0 out of 5 stars Not one for the easily offended but a great read, 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Angry Jogger (Kindle Edition)
Probably not for the easily offended but certainly one of the funniest running books I've read!! I can definitely relate to some of the things Angry Jogger refers to, and occasionally have the same bizarre love/hate relationship with running. Have recommended this to my friends and also read his blog for more irreverent views on life and running.........

The Oxford Companion to Classical Civilization
The Oxford Companion to Classical Civilization
by Tony Spawforth

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent material well presented, 30 Dec. 2014
Fantastic book for reference although I have enjoyed dipping into it and reading sections at random. Well written and provides a good grounding on a range of areas - great companion to the dictionary!

Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and simple (most of the time!), 4 Nov. 2014
I said this on my review for Save With Jamie - I wasn't a Jamie fan until I watched "15 minute meals" recently. The programmes were great and the recipes are pretty simple to follow!!

My only problem has been where the test is on a coloured background as it makes it difficult to read, but this might just be me and my ageing eyes. I like the info on the calories per serving etc as it makes it simple for me to choose lower calorie meals if I want to or think about substituting ingredients where I can. Highly recommended!

Save with Jamie: Shop Smart, Cook Clever, Waste Less
Save with Jamie: Shop Smart, Cook Clever, Waste Less
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, clever and good!, 4 Nov. 2014
I'm not a massive Jamie fan - or at least I wasn't - until I watched "15 minute meals" recently, borrowed this off a friend and decided I needed my own copy. Clearly laid out, some of it IS common sense (but sometimes we don't take notice until things are written down for us!) but quite clearly a sensible approach to kitchen management. And the recipes aren't bad either!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quality, 4 Nov. 2014
This was a great price, supports a worthwhile collective project and as i needed a garlic pot anyway I couldn't resist it. It's larger than I expected but as I do use a lot of garlic in my cooking that's not a bad thing! Good quality, well made, holds a good few bulbs and really keeps them nice and fresh.

I Am Legend (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
I Am Legend (S.F. MASTERWORKS)

5.0 out of 5 stars The REAL I Am Legend, 4 Nov. 2014
I found myself bemused by some of the reviews for this book...."not like the film", "the ending is different"....... well there's a simple reason for that and it's because it predates the Will Smith CG!-fest by almost a generation!

For all its flaws, this is what Matheson wrote and what he meant to be read. Yes, the ending is a little hurried by comparison to the rest of the book and yes, it does let the book down slightly, but as other reviewers have said it is a pretty bleak story of survival and how it feels to be the only "man" alive. It is interesting how the infected become almost incidental at times because our protagonist is wrapped up in his experiments and goes a good way to highlight his isolation and struggle to retain his sanity and humanity.

Forget "The Omega Man" and "I am Legend (the movie)" - read this with an open mind and you might just find you like it.

Jamie Oliver Garlic Slice and Press - Silver
Jamie Oliver Garlic Slice and Press - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy bunny!, 8 Oct. 2014
Needed a new garlic press, didn't know what to go for then spotted this and wondered if it would meet my needs because some of the reviews were a bit negative. Well.... the price was right so I went ahead and ordered one and I'm very glad that I did!

The head is in 2 sections, one for pressing and the other for slicing - does what it says on the tin. Found the press to be really good, garlic crushed more than enough to release the oils and cook evenly. Most of the left over bits and skin come out easily and although its not quite as easy to clean as my old press it isn't too difficult or time consuming. I haven't used the slicer as much but no real problems with the blade system and happy enough with the slivers I've scattered into some of my dishes.

Happy with my purchase, looking to a long and tasty relationship with my slice 'n' press!

The First Sookie eBook Collection (Sookie Stackhouse)
The First Sookie eBook Collection (Sookie Stackhouse)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Sept. 2014
Bought to replace my paperback collection - great to have my TrueBlood fix available on my Kindle!

True False Identity
True False Identity

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a listen, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: True False Identity (Audio CD)
Brilliant CD, for me it was well worth buying for "Zombieland" and "Seven Times Hotter Than Hell" alone. Different from a lot of the music I usually listen to and a good buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9