Profile for Jakeisthecoolest > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 806

Jakeisthecoolest "Jake"
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vetra Focus Classic Athletic T-shirt Black / Navy / White Gym Sport Training Mens Soccer Football Jersey Dry-fast Short Sleeves Tee Shirts Lightwhight Cool Fit New
Offered by Sport-Items

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth running for, 26 Mar. 2015
I received this shirt direct from the manufacturer to test and review. I am always wary about doing this due the obligation of feeling you should then write a good review.
That said, I was genuinely impressed with this product. I got it in a medium black.
Style wise, it fits well and it is a nice deep black that that has held up to quite a few washes and wears.
Practically, it is light weight and is comfy to run in. Very breathable and does a good job of keeping you cool.
Good product

Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (QY7, black/green)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my ears, 4 Mar. 2015
I spend a lot of time scouring for the best sports headphones, and over the years have spent a fortune in demand of a comfortable fit and amazing sound quality. Given that prior to these I have spent upward of £60 on a pair I was skeptical of these. And Was I wrong.
Good stuff first.
Sound quality was excellent. This really exceeded my expectations. Great volume range, clear bass, nothing tinny or crackly at all. Blocked out the world outside let me disappear happily into a world of workout music.
Wireless aspect. I can't believe how much I love this. I am used to having a large phone strapped to my arm and a cable jumping up and down in front of me as I run. This was so much more convenient and so much more comfortable. It also meant that during a slow warm down I could pull out my phone and send a quick message, amazing!
The button. The button on the ear piece is genius. It changes volume, skips tracks, pauses and even accesses Siri and answer your phone. And is extremely intuitive to use- I'm not one for instruction booklets.
Less positive
I had the same issue with these as so many pairs of sports headphone before. As soon as you start to sweat substantially the head phones slip out - some form of ear hook was needed to prevent this, particularly given the weight of the ear piece.
The connected strap was long and the exasperated the above problem. Easy enough to fix by tying a knot in it, but still a frustrating at the time.
Right now I am perfectly happy with these and would easily recommend them to others. I would be highly surprised if you could find something better for the price.

Batman Vol. 4: Zero Year-Secret City (The New 52) (Batman Volume)
Batman Vol. 4: Zero Year-Secret City (The New 52) (Batman Volume)

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to basics, 27 Feb. 2015
This new origin story is a fantastic reimaging of Batman's road to the man he will become. Set when Batman is just 25, this tells the story of his return to Gotham (often feeling very similar to Chris Nolan's Batman Begins). Also compiled of even older flashbacks of him learning his trade, the novel takes us deep into his psyche as he embarks in his quest for vengeance. The first true Villain of Batman's career is the Riddler. Great artwork and dialogue bring the characters off the page. I feel Snyder is beginning to really nail the new Batman with this storyline.

Batman Vol. 5: Zero Year - Dark City (The New 52) (Batman Volume)
Batman Vol. 5: Zero Year - Dark City (The New 52) (Batman Volume)

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect start, 27 Feb. 2015
Scott Snyder's Batman origin story concludes in this mighty battle against the Riddler, and frankly it is epic. Beautifully drawn and written this novel is tense, exciting and emotionally packed to the bat filled rafters. Each of the characters, Bruce, Alfred, Gordon and Fox are all here and recognisable yet only shadows of the characters we know they will become. DCs flagship title continues to shine.

AquaAudio™ Cubo - Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Strong Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Outdoor etc. / Optimized Buttons for Easy Control / Amazingly Powerful & Crystal Clear Sound / Compatible with All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 10 hours Playtime Rechargeable Battery / with Built-in Mic for use as a Powerful Hands-free Speakerphone [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE IT!] (Silver)
Offered by Gideon Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Music on the go, great speaker., 17 Feb. 2015
Overall this is a great little product. Easy to use and connect to mobile devices via Bluetooth, good quality sound and simple controls, particularly like the phone connection button allowing me to take calls in the shower. With technological advances it is clear that products can no longer rely on superior technical quality, it is far more about the ergonomics of design. This product obviously works and works well. It also comes in a range of colours to suit all tastes.
So why not the full five stars? This may be a little unfair, but shortly after receiving the product, I was using it in the shower and had left it in there. On my return the suction cup attaching it to the tiles had failed to stay stuck to the wall and the speaker had fallen onto the hard floor. Sadly the speaker no longer works.
As I say, it is clearly a good product, and I all areas excels. However, this product is designed to be used in a number of places and as such is at risk of being knocked or dropped, and in this particular case unfortunately it's lack of robustness was an issue.
That said I would not let that put me off buying another one, I would just recommend that users a careful to ensure that the device is sercurely attached to any surface.

Vetra Sports Squeeze Water Bottle Leakproof Valve Hydration 650 ML Clear/Black/Blue Running Cycling Bike Soccer Football NEW
Offered by Sport-Items

5.0 out of 5 stars Suck it and see, 16 Feb. 2015
I was asked to review this bottle and am always weary of giving 5 stars in these cases. However, this product thoroughly deserves it. The slim design with the depression in it make it easy to hold, there is no plasticky aftertaste and most importantly is the nozzle. Rather than the pull and suck type, which invariable run the risk of pulling your teeth out, this has a magic nozzle that allows water to pass through when sucked on, while remaining leak free when you don't. So no caps or stoppers, incrediably easy to use whilst running (fits into treadmill bottle holder), cycling or whatever sport. Great product and good value.

eKitch Make Your Own Chilli Sauce Kit - Grow Your Own Chillies and Make Your Own Sauce, Great Gift

4.0 out of 5 stars Spicy little gift, 16 Feb. 2015
While it is clearly true it would probably be cheaper and perfectly possible to make your own chilli sauce without this kit, why bother? For the slight additional cost this great kit brings you everything you need in one hand package. Complete with all the equipment, the recipe App and the seeds it is particularly great to give as a nifty little gift. Great range of recipes and the seeds are really easy to grow if you follow the instructions.
Have ended up by this as a gift for a number of people and it always goes down well.

Fables Vol. 7: Arabian Nights (and Days) (Fables (Graphic Novels))
Fables Vol. 7: Arabian Nights (and Days) (Fables (Graphic Novels))

4.0 out of 5 stars Middle-Eastern Spice, 14 Feb. 2015
As the adversary marches on to new worlds the Arabian Fables start looking to the real world. The inclusion of these characters is a welcome addition to the Fables cast. Overall this story continues to be strong, especially with all the changes in the Woodland office. Also, there is a nice extra story tacked on the end.
Still one of the best comic series out there.

Time Loop: An Outcast Angels Fantasy & Science Fiction Tale (Realms Of Our Own)
Time Loop: An Outcast Angels Fantasy & Science Fiction Tale (Realms Of Our Own)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea, 10 writers, 10 characters, 10 stories., 1 Feb. 2015
As just one of this strange anthology of stories, I must say the premise of this anthology intrigues me no end, although I would rather see all the stories together in one volume.
This is a tidy short story that is well structured with a good sense of the wider world it inhabits. Following the exploits of a youth ragtag group of special op teens, who are seemingly out of their depth, a rather exciting tale unfolds. At times I wasn't entirely sure on the level of seriousness the author was aiming for and as a result it does have moments of high drama that sit, and not always easily, alongside the ridiculous.
As I said this works brilliantly as a snap shot, and if it were expanded into a larger series I might be persuaded to check it out.

The Flash Vol. 1: Move Forward (The New 52)
The Flash Vol. 1: Move Forward (The New 52)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 28 Jan. 2015
This is my first go at the Flash as a comic book character outside the Justice League, my only other experience of him being the recent TV show and the DC Animated movies (Flashpoint Paradox being one of my favs). Sadly it was not all I hoped for.
Firstly, unlike many of the other New 52 reboots, this felt like it was starting in the middle and I really struggled to feel anything for Barry Allen or the Flash. There was none of his humour or goofiness we see with the Justice League and maybe that is a good thing as he is own his own in this, but I found him less likeable.
I struggled to engage with any of the story lines, with the exception of the Grodd one, which is only teased at.
But what really let it down for me was the Kindle conversion. Panels skipped when using panel to panel mode to read. Dialogue cropped out the frame. I found myself frequently backtracking to find out what was going on. This is just not acceptable.
If you are a big fan of the Flash then I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but I'm gonna leave this one for now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20