Profile for kirstenhw > Reviews

Content by kirstenhw

kirstenhw

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not have bought this at full price., 26 Dec. 2015
I thought, thanks to an email sent to me from Amazon, that I was purchasing this book with a discount code. The option to buy did not include an opportunity to use the code, and billed my bank card. Unimpressed!

Glitter & Gold
Glitter & Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff, 9 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Glitter & Gold (MP3 Download)
Heard a thirty second burst of this song in ITV's 'Christmas drama' TV advert. One quick Google later, I purchased it here. And I am rather pleased with it. Very user friendly.

Fire
Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Just one of those things that is..., 9 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Fire (MP3 Download)
Indescribably good.

Crimson Peak: The Official Movie Novelization
Crimson Peak: The Official Movie Novelization
by Nancy Holder
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Abysmal Novelisation, 7 Nov. 2015
Guillermo del Toro's films are lavish, rich in complex narrative and a treat for the senses. This novelisation is the diametric opposite. The language and sentence structure is infantile at best. The worst aspect is the writing style, it is annoying. Extremely annoying.

I've read a great many novels where I've mentally corrected sentence structure and allusion as I read, but there is too much in need of correction in this novelisation. It is irredeemable. And unreadable.

Example: (on page 17) " It was snowing the day they put ('Put'? Not the most respectful descriptive for interring the dead) Edith Cushing's mother in the ground. Large wet flakes wept in (in, not from?) a leaden sky."

The writing annoyed me until by the third chapter, I tossed the book into the recycling bin.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2016 5:52 PM BST

Title (Deluxe)
Title (Deluxe)

1.0 out of 5 stars This is, 5 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Title (Deluxe) (MP3 Download)
Utter dross.

Virtual City Playground®: Building Tycoon
Virtual City Playground®: Building Tycoon

3.0 out of 5 stars ok game, 31 May 2015
This game is great to begin with but as the game progresses the point of this game becomes pointless I never run out of energy but I do run out of money every time! And you only get crystals when you level up. And have do you even level up any way! it's hard but sometimes fun.

Only Lovers Left Alive [DVD] [2014]
Only Lovers Left Alive [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Tilda Swinton

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 April 2015
Jim Jarmusch at his exquisite best. A joy to experience.

Only Lovers Left Alive (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Only Lovers Left Alive (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unnaturally Beautiful., 15 April 2015
This is the most exquisite, textural music. I could crawl between its many layers and happily live there for ever.

Frozen Free Fall
Frozen Free Fall

3.0 out of 5 stars 💙 frozen free fall 💙, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Frozen Free Fall (App)
It is good but could be better that's why I am giving frozen free fall 3 star not 4 or 5 star's. I would recommend it to be ages 6+.

Jelly Splash
Jelly Splash

5.0 out of 5 stars GO! GO! Jelly splash!, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Jelly Splash (App)
Great game! I am on level 33 now and I only got the game yesterday! (WARNING THIS GAME IS VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, ADDICTIVE!!!!!!) I would recommend this game to anyone that has some time to kill. For ages 9+ and over!🐇😊😉😉
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2015 12:38 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4