Profile for Mamasita > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mighty Battlers Marvel Avengers Assemble Captain America
Mighty Battlers Marvel Avengers Assemble Captain America

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Quality Figure, 9 Feb. 2014
I am so pleased with this figure. It arrived within two days of my order and my Super Hero obsessed five year old was over the moon with it. He has many other similar figurines ie: Superman, Spiderman, Hulk etc but this seems to be of much better quality than those. It is very sturdy and well painted, the attention to detail is fantastic. Love it!

John Pilger - The War You Don't See [2010] [DVD]
John Pilger - The War You Don't See [2010] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julian Assange
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must See documentary highlighting the crisis that was the Iraq invasion, 24 Jan. 2014
John Pilger paints a vivid and graphic picture into what was as we now know to be a disaster of an invasion by the 'international community'. Pilger highlights the power politics and the plotting that took place in the lead up to the war and the suffering and devastation caused in the invasion and subsequent occupation. Pilger brings the viewer's attention to the Iraqi victims of the invasion and the failure of the international community to contain the sectarian violence that escalated in the occupation and continues today. Even if you think you know what happened in the Iraq war, you should see this documentary as it sheds new light on the coverage of the war and the consequences and cover ups thereafter. A must-see for those interested in Iraq, international relations and indeed John Pilger's no nonsense documentary making.

Lemon Tree (2008) [DVD]
Lemon Tree (2008) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hiam Abbass
Offered by BB Corps UK

5.0 out of 5 stars An insightful film that looks into the lives of a people living in a difficult political situation, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Lemon Tree (2008) [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this film for my husband as I know that he is interested in affairs in the Middle East. This film gives us an insight into the lives of people caught up in a complex and uncompromising political situation on the border of the Palestinian West Bank and Israel. The film highlights the inequality between the two peoples but also how the two are connected with each other. This film is extremely easy to watch with a gripping story,and it not only educates the viewer on the political situation but entertains as well. A stellar cast that might be unknown to the western viewer takes you through a gripping story that more people should be aware of. It highlights the absurdity of the political situation, but also highlights how this affects the normal people who are trying to live their lives in their homeland. this is a must watch for anybody interested in the Middle East of international affairs but also for someone who would like to watch a gritty and intellectual film.

Documentaries That Changed The World - John Pilger (4 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Documentaries That Changed The World - John Pilger (4 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Pilger
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best set of documentaries I have seen, 24 Jan. 2014
I bought this set of DVDs for my husband as I knew that he had an interest in current affairs. John Pilger presents an insightful set of documentaries that cover a wide range of global issues, and since they are now from a historical perspective, give us an insight to how they helped to shape public opinion. Pilger's cutting edge journalism and no nonsense style of presentation gives the viewer a unique insight into complex political situations, but Pilger is never afraid to let the audience know who is to blame for the situations that he reports from in each programme. If you are interested in recent world history and current affairs, this really is a must watch series. It highlights the best of Pilger in a variety of global situations and should not be missed.

Frownies Forehead & Between Eyes 144 Facial Patches- Natural Wrinkle Reducer
Frownies Forehead & Between Eyes 144 Facial Patches- Natural Wrinkle Reducer
Offered by Frownies

5.0 out of 5 stars They work for me!, 24 Jan. 2014
I have been using frownies for well over a year now and find them fantastic for making my 11's disappear. I only use them for in between the eye's as this is my problem area so cannot comment on how they work on other wrinkles. I wear them now most nights as I am prone to frowning during the night due to my nocturnal baby! Anyway they seem to have trained my muscles to relax more and when I remove the patch in the morning the 11's have gone, it is magic! The lines do slightly return later on in the day but they are greatly reduced, I only notice as I am obsessed with them. The only down side to this product is the fact that you do look a bit silly with bits of paper stuck on your face. My five year old always asks me why I've got a plaster on head and asks me if I banged my head! Generally I try to get the patch off before anyone wakes up to spare the questions. I find they are pretty easy to remove, just soak using a warm flannel or if you are having a shower they come right off anyway as soon as they are soaked through.

Level 2 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Candidate Handbook: The Teaching Assistant's Handbook (NVQ/SVQ Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2)
by Louise Burnham

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, really helped with my course!, 24 Jan. 2014
I bought this book just before I started my Level Two Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools course and it helped me immensely with my coursework. It is a great introduction to a career in education, especially to those who have little or no previous experience with working in schools. I have held onto my book as even now it comes in useful for reference. Would highly recommend!

EcoAir DD122 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier, 7 L - Blue
EcoAir DD122 Simple Desiccant Dehumidifier, 7 L - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant dehumidifier!, 24 Jan. 2014
I purchased this dehumidifier as we have quite a bad problem with condensation, mould around the windows and even mouldy clothes in our wardrobe (yuk). We had previously tried a mini dehumidifier which didn't seem t make much difference. Anyway after using this you can already tell the difference when you go into the room. I cant smell the usual musty smell and the condensation has vanished, wonderful! I opened up the tank and it has collected about a pint of water from just 24 hours! I'm not sure how expensive these things are to run but I guess well find out soon enough. We have ours on the medium setting but there is also a high clothes drying setting which would be a lot more expensive to run. All in all it is worth the expense when it comes to health so would highly recommend the product. Five Stars!

Dihl Mini Portable Air Dehumidifier, 500 ml, White
Dihl Mini Portable Air Dehumidifier, 500 ml, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for a small room, 24 Jan. 2014
I recently purchased this mini dehumidifier to help with a condensation problem we are having upstairs in our cottage. It has so far collected a little bit of water but hasn't made much difference to the condensation on the windows as yet. I suspect that the room is too large for it, I will try it in a smaller room, perhaps the bathroom. I would recommend getting one of the higher capacity dehumidifiers for larger areas and problem condensation.

Neewer 43-inch / 110cm 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector with Bag - Translucent, Silver, Gold, White and Black
Offered by Best Global Sales Depot

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleasantly surprised by the quality, 24 Jan. 2014
This reflector is absolutely amazing, especially for the price. I am so pleased with it and getting really great effects from it. It is very easy to fold away and store and as far as I can see, seems to be made from high quality materials. Would highly recommend!

Rugrats In Paris - The Movie [2001] [DVD]
Rugrats In Paris - The Movie [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christine Cavanaugh
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, brings back memories..., 24 Jan. 2014
I used to love the Rugrats as a child and wanted to get this for nostalgia and also hoped that my 5 year old son would enjoy it! It was fantastic to sit down and watch this with him, he thought it was so funny :) Great adventure story for the whole family to enjoy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4