Profile for D > Reviews

Content by D

D

Page: 1 | 2
I Have A Dream (From "Mamma Mia!" Soundtrack)
I Have A Dream (From "Mamma Mia!" Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars from one of her favourite musicals. This recording hit just the right, 14 Feb. 2016
Downloaded to use at my sister's funeral, from one of her favourite musicals. This recording hit just the right tone

The Photo Album Company Dispenser Box with 250 Photograph Mounting Square - White
Offered by Shoplet-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Dec. 2014
Good product, useful, arrived ahead of time.

Missing Sun
Missing Sun

4.0 out of 5 stars loved spotting the different, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Missing Sun (Kindle Edition)
Cute story for little folks, downloaded to my phone, kept my young grandson interested in the car, loved spotting the different animals

Five Red Herrings: Lord Peter Wimsey Book 7 (Lord Peter Wimsey Series)
Five Red Herrings: Lord Peter Wimsey Book 7 (Lord Peter Wimsey Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just my kettle of fish, 8 Sept. 2013
I can almost hear Ian Carmichael speaking Lord Wimsey's words as I read this, remembering a TV series decades ago; but what I really like is the comfy feel of a mystery woven by another excellent female writer in the thirties, and set in the beautiful Borders.

Potette Plus Green
Potette Plus Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Potette Plus Green (Baby Product)
I bought this some time ago for my (then) 2and a half year old granddaughter, after we had had a disruptive visit to a park where the toilets were a long walk away from the play area. I was quite shocked when it arrived that the "liners" were basically a half-nappy in a plastic bag, but the biggest problem was that the potty was just too small. For this reason, it is not even very effective as a toilet seat. It's a shame because the idea is a good one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2014 11:01 PM BST

The Snow Goose
The Snow Goose
by Paul Gallico

5.0 out of 5 stars Neglected classic, 29 May 2013
This review is from: The Snow Goose (Hardcover)
A classic short story by Paul Gallico, which took quite a bit of tracking down. I am especially pleased with this beautifully illustrated book.
The tale of a young girl, an injured swan, and an unlikely hero. Read it if you get the chance.

The Harlequin Tea Set: An Agatha Christie Short Story
The Harlequin Tea Set: An Agatha Christie Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Afternoon delight, 29 May 2013
I was introduced to Harley Quin when I worked at a tiny sub-branch library three decades ago. This story in particular is a special delight to me, as my Mam did have a harlequin tea set. Even I have to admit the plot is rather thin for the Queen of Crime, but the book is still a pleasure to read.

The Case of the Missing Lady: An Agatha Christie Short Story
The Case of the Missing Lady: An Agatha Christie Short Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy find, 29 May 2013
Quirky story with a gentle joke at the end - many years since I first met Tommy and Tuppence but they still hold their charm.

My Baptism Book
My Baptism Book
by Sophie Piper

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for a small child, 8 April 2013
This review is from: My Baptism Book (Hardcover)
I ordered this for my granddaughter's baptism - at 2 years old she is too young to understand what the occasion is all about, but my prayer is that this lovely book will help her know and and feel the love of God.

Rubie's Official Harry Potter Hermione Granger Wand Costume Accessory
Rubie's Official Harry Potter Hermione Granger Wand Costume Accessory
Offered by Fancy Dress Worldwide

4.0 out of 5 stars magic!, 8 April 2013
Bought this for my 3 year old granddaughter as a prop for a dance show - she was a little disappointed it did not light up or make a noise like her fairy wand, but cheered up when her dance teacher said it was "perfect" for the "Harry Potter" sequence. The show was delightful!

Page: 1 | 2