Profile for Dee > Reviews

Content by Dee

Dee

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
SD Codefree Blood Glucose Monitor/Monitoring Test/Testing Kit Replacement Strips (YES - I have diabetes, 3 boxes of 50 Strips)
Offered by SME Diagnostics

4.0 out of 5 stars I always have at least one pack of these., 2 Jun. 2017
I've been using these for years as my fasting level was slightly out of the normal range so it made it made sense to monitor my reactions.

I do get what people are saying about differing results, but have been using it long enough to recognise an anomalous reading, wash my hands and retest as my levels don't tend to vary by very much.

Staedtler Triplus Colour 323 SB10 Fibre-Tip Pen Desktop Box - Assorted Colours (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pens but the red is really orange., 2 Jun. 2017
My best quality colours but I have had to top up a few shades with different brands. I know there's a bigger set but I would expect a good red in the basic collection.

W7 Photo Shoot 16 Hour Budge Proof Foundation - Natural Tan
W7 Photo Shoot 16 Hour Budge Proof Foundation - Natural Tan
Offered by Apex Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Range of shades not great, 2 Jun. 2017
The low score isn't for the formulation. I can barely review the actual foundation as I'm not really able to wear it. The darkest shade - which isn't​ at all dark - is just passable on my skin at its Winter tone but, now that sunshine has happened and I'm deepening into my Summer colour, I just can't wear it. It's a shame that this still happens.

Tonymoly I'm Real Skin Care Facial Mask Sheet Package (ALL - 11 Sheets) by TONYMOLY
Offered by GUNIQUE

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me smile, 2 Jun. 2017
I use these to treat myself because my skin feels so soft afterwards that I'm happy for days.
I was tentative as my skin sometimes reacts badly to new products but I've had no problems with these. I haven't really noticed any difference between the different​ masks but I can't pretend that I'm paying any real attention beyond how soft my skin is.

One For All Essence 4 Universal remote control - Black - Controls 4 devices -TV Set Top Box DVD Blu-ray player and Audio devices - Guaranteed to work all brands. URC7140

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me., 2 Jun. 2017
Worked for my Samsung TV but not my Denver DVD player (which was really the one that I needed). Refund was quick and hassle free.

One Pound Meals: Delicious Food for Less
One Pound Meals: Delicious Food for Less
by Miguel Barclay

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for single-serving meals., 29 May 2017
I got this specifically for single-serving dishes rather than the £1 thing. I have to follow a post-treatment, Listeria avoidant diet for a few months, so leftovers are a no-no. My friend recommended this as she uses it regularly, anyway.
This book gives me great ideas for one-shot meals that aren't just like basic school ​dinners. I often tinker with the flavourings a bit but it's serving as a really good guide.

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Cast Iron 24 cm Round Plain Grill Pan
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Cast Iron 24 cm Round Plain Grill Pan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 29 May 2017
I like this pan - I bought it for single-serving meals. My one complaint would be that, despite the thorough scrubbing that I gave it before seasoning, a pretty big slither of the base stayed the original colour. I scrubbed just that bit again, in case it was just some of the original coating still on there, and repeated​ the seasoning process but it's still there.

Otherwise, it's just what I needed.

World Smallest Folding Walking Stick - Purple Floral
World Smallest Folding Walking Stick - Purple Floral
Offered by RBH JOSEPH

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty, 21 April 2017
I got this as a substitute for my elbow crutch when I go to bars and restaurants a finding somewhere to rest it is a pain. I don't see this becoming my main walking aid, but it' very handy and fun to play with.

Rory's Story Cubes Bundle III Dice Mix (Pack of 3)
Rory's Story Cubes Bundle III Dice Mix (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these., 21 April 2017
Got these for my nephews to supplement the main set and add flavour to our stories, and they loved it - though I had to explain that pink doesn't mean it's for girls, because that's the world that we live in. I have since purchased the app, too - more for myself -, but the kids love the actual dice.

I would recommend either - the app is cheaper but the dice are more fun for a group.

Foot Peel, Exfoliant Mask (2 pair pack) for Baby Soft Feet, Dry Skin Peeling Socks Remover Treatment
Offered by 3SDealSourcer

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective but looong process., 21 April 2017
I got this for my mum (as she has the worst feet in the world) and just ended up using one out of curiosity because it's a pack of two.I'm not sure that I was really expecting much as I generally tend to my feet weekly, so i cockily believed that not much was going to happen.
By day 5, only a small amount of peeling was visible so I just shrugged it off as a product that does work but is just more effective on very calloused feet - WRONG!
On day 7, the peeling started in earnest. I followed the recommendation and soaked my feet every day - morning and night - and had to go to bed with socks on because of the flaking. After soaking, a lot of the softened skin would just rub off with toweling. Somehow, this continued for another week. There were a few days when I wasn't able to soak them, so I reckon that this possibly added and extra couple of days to the process.All in all,I think that I enjoyed the process more than I really care about the effects - my feet were okay so they don't really feel much different -but it was nice to make my feet the centre of attention for a while.

I would recommend.