Profile for Anna-Louise > Reviews

Cold Calling
Cold Calling
by Russell Mardell

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, cynical and bloody good!, 24 April 2016
This review is from: Cold Calling (Paperback)
I was wondering how this would be as it is a different, more mainstream, genre than his last books but I was not disappointed!

It's a very real take on a "love" story, there is no airy fairy rubbish that makes most books like that seem utterly unreal and made for movies! The character's are cynical, sarcastic, they argue, make mistakes and made me laugh, a lot! More importantly though they made me like them.

I would say the ending of this book is one I had to think about for a while mainly because I wanted it to be different but came to the conclusion that it was damn good. If I typed what went through my head at the time I don't think it would make sense as it was a series of noises then an audible laugh.

Anyway I'm not going to explain about the story as it says in it the description and blurb but I will say though that if you want a book that isn't that gushy crap they churn out in the 1000s, you love charcters, love dialogue and conversations then you will love this. Basically what I am saying is just read this and then read his other stuff because sometimes an indie author needs more love than they are getting and Russell is one that needs more.

OttLite 13 Watt Slimline Table Lamp, White
OttLite 13 Watt Slimline Table Lamp, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 14 Feb. 2016
Just the perfect light for crafting, reading, doing your nails etc. I don't know how I coped without it! No more stupid orange light and eye strain! Everything have a true colour under this lamp. I cannot recommend one enough, I'm now looking to buy another one for a different area!

Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Deluxe 1000 (Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory)
Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Deluxe 1000 (Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but does take up a lot of room., 14 Feb. 2016
This is a great product however as I don't have much room where I am I find that when you open it up, the other side of the board has to have a huge amount of space to open up into. It does put me off doing my puzzle as I have to make room every time. Perhaps one you roll would have been a better option for me.

Trixie Wooden Playground, 36 x 26 x 29 cm
Trixie Wooden Playground, 36 x 26 x 29 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner, 14 Feb. 2016
Easy to assemble and great for budgies. You can hang other things from the perches to occupy your birdy for hours. Definitely a winner.

Polly's Pet Products Shower Perch, Small
Polly's Pet Products Shower Perch, Small
Offered by Scarletts Parrot Essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 14 Feb. 2016
Whist on the pricier side I find that it is totally worth it. I use this on my window so my budgies can look out and enjoy the view.

Sterling Silver Ornate Marcasite and Reconstituted Purple Turquoise Ring
Sterling Silver Ornate Marcasite and Reconstituted Purple Turquoise Ring
Offered by Royal Design

5.0 out of 5 stars In love, 14 Feb. 2016
Gorgeous! I can't fault it because it's beautiful.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 14 Feb. 2016
These are great for washing your face with cleanser they don't feel harsh on my skin. They however do struggle taking off my make up so I do have to scrub more than I would like to. I usually would switch and use something more like a fennel for my eyes.

Terramundi Money Pot - Cream with muiti coloured Vertical Stripes (C4)
Terramundi Money Pot - Cream with muiti coloured Vertical Stripes (C4)
Offered by Gifts Direct 2 U Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 14 Feb. 2016
Exactly what I needed! Perfect pot. I know you can get cheaper ones but these are so well made and painted and I love the touch with the wish and little coin.

High Grade - 1 Kilo kg - Hollow Fibre Stuffing / Filling / Fill Toys, Pillows, Cushion Covers
Offered by LOVE2SLEEP

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Jun. 2015
Perfect

Etnies Kingpin, Men's Low-Top Trainers, Black, 8 UK (42 EU)
Etnies Kingpin, Men's Low-Top Trainers, Black, 8 UK (42 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Jun. 2015
My favourite make of trainer I love the wide fit and the style.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6