Profile for Harry Dell > Reviews

Content by Harry Dell

Harry Dell

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Scorpion Force (The Ackroyd Series Book 2)
Scorpion Force (The Ackroyd Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting follow up book., 29 Aug. 2016
I thought a sequel to book 1 might be less exciting than the first one, how wrong could I be, I enjoyed the read and would reccomended it, however you should read book 1 first.
A reccomended read.

One of the Many who aided the Few: A  WW2 Memoir from an RAF Fitter
One of the Many who aided the Few: A WW2 Memoir from an RAF Fitter

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, 24 Aug. 2016
It was a bit of a fit and start read but it was a short book, nevertheless it was still worth the time to read.
Take it or leave it.

Night of the Whirlwind (The Ackroyd Series Book 1)
Night of the Whirlwind (The Ackroyd Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very exciting story, 23 Aug. 2016
Once again I have read a story of great determination, of great courage, a story of sadness and humour, how did these young air warriors do it,
Another highly reccomended read.

Malta Spitfire: The Diary of an Ace Fighter Pilot
Malta Spitfire: The Diary of an Ace Fighter Pilot

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating book, 18 Aug. 2016
A fantastic account of comradeship and courage against terrible odds, it seemed an impossible task but these brave airmen amongst others including the civilian population pulled it off,
A highly reccomended read.

The Last Enemy
The Last Enemy

5.0 out of 5 stars A deep read, 17 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Last Enemy (Kindle Edition)
I found this book an interesting account of one mans struggle with himself, a bit deep in places but nevertheless a very well written account,
I recommend you read it,
Harry

Lancasters at Waterbeach: Some of the Story of 514 Squadron
Lancasters at Waterbeach: Some of the Story of 514 Squadron

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting collection of memories, 11 Aug. 2016
I found this book interesting, a book full of short first hand accounts of the lives and deaths of bomber crews, it's interesting to see that despite the dangers and carnage around them how the crews jelled and how their trust in each other lasted for eternity. Highly reccomended read.

Flying to Norway, Grounded in Burma: A Hudson Pilot in World War II
Flying to Norway, Grounded in Burma: A Hudson Pilot in World War II

4.0 out of 5 stars An unexpectedly good read, 6 Aug. 2016
When I opened this book I didn't really expect too much excitement, I was surprised how I was drawn into the this chaps life, it's a very interesting read and one I would reccomended.

Into the Wild
Into the Wild

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpectedly good read, 22 July 2016
This review is from: Into the Wild (Kindle Edition)
I don't know how I came to buy this book, it's totally different from my usual read, I have been putting it off for months, I opened it just to get the feel of it and just could not put it down, a really good read,

The First and The Last
The First and The Last

5.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting read, 9 July 2016
I found this very interesting, I had never thought of what was happening to the German airforce or the internal struggles they had to endure from bad upper leadership, so many opportunities were missed that could possibly won the war for them.
Highly reccomended.

Conquering The Night - Army Air Forces Night Fighters At War [Illustrated Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting read, 19 Jun. 2016
This book was very informative, we think of night flying as the same as day time flying, you don't realise how primitive things were back in the day when it began, it's obvious from this book that present day night flying owes a lot to the pioneers of the past, reccomended read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6