Profile for Mrs. Susan Lowe > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Susan Lowe

Mrs. Susan Lowe "realwit 1965"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Midsummer Night's Mayhem: A Sister Witches Mystery
Midsummer Night's Mayhem: A Sister Witches Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars A mesmerizing, magical, murder mystery, 23 Oct. 2014
I'm a recent discoverer of Lauren Quick and the Mayhem Sisters and I'm fascinated. Like Lauren, I've been fascinated by all things magical, especially witches and ghosts, since I was a child. I love the way it is set in its own world, the characters are well drawn and the plots are believable. The sisters have careers, homes, a place in their community and social responsibilities. The. Magic is almost just an awesome adjunct. My only question is, I've read the first three - where's the next?

Live Jigsaws - Magic of Christmas
Live Jigsaws - Magic of Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful artwork, 24 Sept. 2014
Beautiful artwork cleverly translated into wonderful jigsaw puzzles. Love it. Just the thing as the nights are drawing in. The pieces are not changeable but for me, that increased the enjoyment.

Montezuma Puzzle Premium
Montezuma Puzzle Premium

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable time wasting, 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Montezuma Puzzle Premium (App)
Just challenging enough to be fun without being demanding. The puzzles get progressively more complex. Actually quite relaxing. I like it.

A Quilt in Time (A Harriet Truman/Loose Threads Mystery Book 7)
A Quilt in Time (A Harriet Truman/Loose Threads Mystery Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent story in this lovely series, 29 April 2014
A good story involving a very difficult subject which is sensitively dealt with. Well written and tying up a lot of loose ends from the last book. I have read all the books in this series and enjoyed them all. The thing I really like is that even though this is series,. There are enough clues and brief explanations to enable the books to stand alone. . enable the books

Granny-Square Crochet - 35 contemporary projects using traditional techniques
Granny-Square Crochet - 35 contemporary projects using traditional techniques
by Catherine Hirst

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book with great explanations., 19 April 2014
If you couple this book with Catherine Hurst' s superb videos on Video Jug, there is NOTHING in this book you can't accomplish. The patterns have good explanations. Happy crocheting.

KnitPro Waves Aluminium Crochet Hook, Set of 9, Pink
KnitPro Waves Aluminium Crochet Hook, Set of 9, Pink
Offered by woolconcept

5.0 out of 5 stars makes crochet much easier., 19 April 2014
I have been a typist for many years and now have arthritis in my fingers. I love to crochet and these have made it so much less painful. I bought 2 extra hooks - the 6.5mm and 7.0mm and they drifted inside the case. The case is well made and the hooks are nice and deep so they catch the wool more easily. A pleasure to use.

Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File in Aluminimum Case
Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File in Aluminimum Case
Offered by Just Beauty UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed after use. Excellent product., 19 April 2014
I have tried hundreds of different types of nail file from cushioned ones in various grades of grit. This is by far the best I have ever used. I use the bio build up kit and my nails have NEVER looked so good.

Leighton Denny Bio Build Nail Treatment Regime
Leighton Denny Bio Build Nail Treatment Regime
Offered by Faith Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed after use. Excellent product., 19 April 2014
I have soft nails, prone to splitting. Over the years I have tried countless products so I admit to being sceptical with this one. To my amazement, after only two weeks, it has made a wonderful difference to my nails. They're much stronger with no splitting. I did buy, separately, the crystal nail file and I think that has contributed to the improved conditioning of my nails. I also use Cuticle Away which, again, has helped.

The Fall and Rise of Lucy Charlton
The Fall and Rise of Lucy Charlton

4.0 out of 5 stars The new Catherine Cookson, 5 April 2014
Lovely story about families and the fear of poverty, an early feminist, life after WW 1 and the North East. What's not to like??

Burying the Past (A Fran Harman Mystery)
Burying the Past (A Fran Harman Mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Guessing until the end., 28 Mar. 2014
An enjoyable, old fashioned, romping good read. Kept you guessing until the end. A demonstrably good knowledge of the realities of modern policing, budget cuts and all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3