Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Pawnee
Pawnee
by Leslie Knope

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2016
This review is from: Pawnee (Paperback)
Great content for any Parks and Rec fan!

TRP0385 Troop London Urban Laptop Backpack
TRP0385 Troop London Urban Laptop Backpack
Offered by Simply Bags Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Laptop roomy rucksack!, 25 July 2016
Great service arrived really quickly, bag is absolutely fantastic, perfect for Macbook Pro and notepads, external drives, I even fit my Wacom Intuos 5 in there will the macbook wall nicely protected, bag is lightweight and perfect for secure, safe carrying.

Loads of room, pockets, protective padding. Great bag, great price, great service, thanks!

Union Jack Coir Doormat, Door Mat
Union Jack Coir Doormat, Door Mat

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Doormat!, 4 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Union Jack Coir Doormat, Door Mat
This was delivered the next day and is a great buy. Everyone who has come round has commented on it! The quality is superb - the printing is perfect. Excellent, highly recommended.

Adobe After Effects CS5 Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques
Adobe After Effects CS5 Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques
by Mark Christiansen

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have For After Effects Artists, 4 Jun. 2011
Obviously this book is aimed at the Compositor more than the motion graphics artist. However this book has regularly proven invaluable to me in both fields.

The explanations are clear, the printing quality is excellent (which is incredibly important when capturing detail of software layouts detailing colour shifts and the like), the wealth of information is wonderful and I'd be lost without it. Saved me many hours already and made me much better at my job. Be you a pro or student, someone looking to get into the world of Compositing or Graphics, the information here will be of use every day. For anything to do with keying, grading, tracking, compositing, rotoscoping, masks, its priceless.

Also includes tons of handy time-saving hints and tips on free (and priced) plug-ins, scripts and third party software that will enhance your work. Absolutely Essential.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 4 Jun. 2011
Great product, delivered in a couple of days, and goes really well by the back door! The printing isn't absolutely perfect (a slight bleed between the stars and red) but that really is nit-picking. Totally recommended.

All Star Superman: v. 1
All Star Superman: v. 1
by Grant Morrison

5.0 out of 5 stars All-Star Superman - Contender for Best Comic Series Ever, 4 Jun. 2011
Its wonderful. Packing more ideas into a single panel than most comics contain within their entire narrative, All-Star Superman is as near perfect as a comic can be. The sheer wealth of ideas is overwhelming at first, but this is one for the ages. I could read this all day. All week in fact, admiring Quitely's wonderful art and the intricacies of Morrison's plot. Spotting background detail I never noticed before and a passing comment that has more relevance than you could imagine on first reading. Morrison and Quitely (& Jamie Grant) have served up one of the best comics of all time. Buy this and it's second volume or the Absolute edition. You won't be disappointed. This is what comics should be - this is the medium proving its worth in a tour de force unlikely to be topped. Fantastic.

Polar RS300X Orange Heart Rate Monitor
Polar RS300X Orange Heart Rate Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Purchase For Anyone Looking to Get Fit, 24 Nov. 2009
Having been training regularly for little over a year I felt I needed something to kickstart my regime again, as I felt I'd plateau'd. I kept reading people's suggestions online and in various magazines about heart rate monitors but never felt I'd need one as, though I want to get fit, it's hardly a pressing priority in my life. I exercise as regularly as I can and that's enough for me. But I'd noticed my time in the gym wasn't proving as effective and I felt to some extent a little disheartened when spending a lot of time training and not reaping the benefits. So I needed a new decent sports watch and looking on Amazin found this Polar RS300X for slightly more than I wanted to pay, but given it's heart rate monitor, a bargain price.

I've had this now for four weeks and can honestly say its totally reinvigorated my training. what's more, due to the set-up I have I now train faster and harder in the time allotted. So my training has improved, I'm back on track and I'm actually spending less time doing weights, as I'm well aware that I need to try to keep my heart rate round my specific target. No time for slacking off, so it helps keep pushing me on.

The heart rate monitor is an essential tool in training, be it for professionals or amateurs. This one is the first I've owned and I love it, plus its a funky orange colour! Great watch, great training device with tons of functions. Excellent value. I can't recommend it enough.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2012 1:02 AM GMT

Aetheric Mechanics
Aetheric Mechanics
by Warren Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Writing, Superb Artwork, A Great Buy!, 5 April 2009
This review is from: Aetheric Mechanics (Paperback)
I'd read a few reviews of Aetheric Mechanics, so I knew a little about the general plot and was interested enough to order it, assuming that it would be a reasonable read - yet what I got was a book full of surprises, ingenuity, classical literary references, clues and a stunning denouement. All I can hope is that there will be more from Warren Ellis based in the world he has created here, but if not, he has successfully squeezed a couple of hundred pages worth of ideas into a mere 48 page Novella - which is a sign of genuinely great writing. The art, too, is a perfect fit, with each panel showing a genuine love and affection for the story and hundreds of tiny details that you can go back and absorb time after time. Aetheric Mechanics will sit proudly on my shelf. How do more people not know about this? In an age where the demand for Graphic Novels is possibly greater than ever, there are so many books out there that sometimes a classic can get lost in the multitude of movie tie-ins, big company `event' specials and indie favourites. This is one of those classics. Don't let it pass you by - this is a book you will be glad you hunted down and hopefully, over time, will get the clamour and attention it deserves. Fantastic.

Middle of the Kop
Middle of the Kop
by Peter Etherington

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking On With Hope In His Heart, 12 July 2005
This review is from: Middle of the Kop (Paperback)
Following on from the previous two books chronicling Evo's early years and his teens comes the next chapter. I whizzed through the last two very quickly, finding them unputdownable! So I was glad to have bought the trilogy in one go and was able to continue reading about Evo's exploits as a married man, trying to cope with the family life, work and of course continuing his mission to see every Liverpool game he could! These books are of great value to us Liverpool fans, young and old. They will, fo course bring back memories for those lucky enough to have followed the Mighty Reds through their glory years, but for the younger fans it gives us a chance to experience the emotions that the fans went through as they experienced these legendary games, watching legendary figures such as Ian St John, Kevin Keegan and Kenny Dalglish.
Of course these books aren't simply about the club. They detail Evo's life and experiences and they contain some wonderful stories. This and the other books in trilogy also contain some of Evo's fine poems (and an accomplished poet he is) and some of the classic songs that we (and opposing fans) used to sing.
We've all heard about the glorious history of the club, probably all read about the games and even seen some footage but here we are given a view from the Kop. Of a true fan. Of the banter at those games. Of the violence (not condoned, but not glossed over or ignored), of the songs and the atmospheres. Of the players, games and goals. We get to see, through Evo's eyes: the first time that we lifted the European Cup & FA Cup and bringing back the Title to Anfield. It's a fine reminder of why we are renowned throughout the continent as one of the Worlds greatest ever clubs. I know the history. After reading Evo's books I feel like I lived through it and I can offer no better recommendation than that. Thanks Evo, for these fine books, now get writing the Fourth! You've got a lot more glory to cover!

My Youth, My Kop
My Youth, My Kop
by Peter Etherington

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Treasure Trove Of Memories From a True Red, 12 July 2005
This review is from: My Youth, My Kop (Paperback)
Another fantastic instalment of Evo's (Peter Etherington, the author) account of his life and his loves. Or his true love: Liverpool Football Club. The very definition of a diehard Red, he embellishes each of his tales of trips to games Home and Away, the unfortunate rise of 'Aggro' and hostilities between sets of supporters (as well as the slightly more good-natured banter between the Kop and the Anny Road Ends of Anfield). Fortunately for us Evo always manages to find the humour in any given situation- and believe me he gets himself in lots of 'situations'!!!
It's incredibly evocative of the time and the people - the accents, sounds and sights all are very vividly described -again, with a true scouse wit. It reminds me of my love for my city and my club. Anyway I can sum this up very simply: Buy it now!

Page: 1 | 2