Profile for Tom Bombadil > Reviews

Content by Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil "Tom Bombadil"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
2.5"X3.5"X21" Glo Yellowstake Flag
2.5"X3.5"X21" Glo Yellowstake Flag

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheep dont like 'em!, 3 Mar. 2016
Used these to mark out a road, some fence lines and a 'guide' area in a field on a very windy and wet site. Easy to push into 3"soil and then shale. Held firm, all 100 of them. Never bent when pushing in. Rusty patina when left over night, not structural loss. Cleaned and dried them, added WD40 and wrapped them in cling film on storage. Yellow showed well on green-to-yellowing grass on a dull grey day. Nice if there were some white ones too (10%?) for key points. Flapped well in wind. held shape. A sheep pulled one from the ground, had a chew, spat it back out. None others touched. That one was fine to use again. None of the flags left the wire. All intact.

SIOCORE 0.7x WIDE ANGLE Converter with MACRO LENS , applicable to SONY NEX respectively very new SONY Alpha system camera Lens (SONY E lens) with 49mm or 52mm filter thread

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear and worth the money., 25 Dec. 2015
Ok. This was purchased because I was not prepared to fork out the extra 100 quid for the lens that was needed for my camcorder. So I knew that it would have more fish-eyeing (distortion) than the £160 normal adaptor lens.

The camcorder I have is the panasonic VX 870. A 4k job. This lens is to widen its views.

In 1080p HD mode its fine with and without the macro adaptor. In 4k mode, there is an absolute huge fish eyeing without the macro adaptor ring. So its use is best for set-up shots where one is not zooming in and out.

On this camcorder the 1080 mode is a central area on the larger chip, and it opens up to use all of the chip for the 4k mode.

In 1080 mode I can zoom in and out, but focus is lost to the telephoto end. In 4k mode the focus is lost sooner.

It does the job, but I feel I am losing out of all of the 4k benefits using this lense.

Good buy though. Worth the cash as a first add on lens if you cant afford the more expensive one.

Original Captain America Enamel Belt Buckle
Original Captain America Enamel Belt Buckle
Offered by WANTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall it is a fine buckle. Of good size and a fair weight, 23 Dec. 2015
Overall it is a fine buckle. Of good size and a fair weight. It feels nice to hold.

One problem though was the overspill of the white star. The star itself is boarded with a silver outline and is infilled with the white of the star design. At the point of one of the tips of the star there is some paint that has spilled onto the blue of the inner circle.

It looks bad from close up.

I will live with it as it was a gift but now is mine. The boy now wants a star wars buckle instead.

Its a shame though as it could have been top notch. The colours are rich and strong with the red rings being truly sexy.

Its just a belt buckle right? True but for a few quid you get a nice item that could cost more and you would still envy me of it.

Lixada 6pcs 18cm 700I Aluminium Alloy Tent Peg Nail Stake with Rope Camping Equipment Outdoor Beach
Offered by Soonina

5.0 out of 5 stars Pointy, 23 July 2015
Perfect for my small 1.5 man tent. (Tadpole)

I got three bags to have as spares. I use 3 of them as a gas cooker stablizer.

Quality Fuel Jerry Can Red Metal 10 Litre Petrol Diesel Oil
Quality Fuel Jerry Can Red Metal 10 Litre Petrol Diesel Oil
Offered by ONE SAFE SOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a far more convienient size for everyday use ..., 23 July 2015
This is a far more convienient size for everyday use. The wife or young children would find it problematic to use if it were of the 20 litre type.

Being sexy red this is obviously a dangerous contents container, but I still use a 'highly flamable' sticker, but being red also, it is lost on this red jerry can. I intend to use a white square of sticky plastic that is slightly larger than the 'highly flamable' sticker to make it stand out.

Jerry Can Spout Kit Fuel Diesel Oil For 5 10 & 20 Litre Cans
Jerry Can Spout Kit Fuel Diesel Oil For 5 10 & 20 Litre Cans
Offered by ONE SAFE SOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy RED, 23 July 2015
It will do the job. I would get one for each of my cans.

I secured it with the suplied black clip, but I also used my own re-sealable zip tie that also holds the aditional smaller provided pour spout.

Hazard Sign - Highly Flammable Sticker (Diamond) 100x100mm
Hazard Sign - Highly Flammable Sticker (Diamond) 100x100mm
Offered by PROFILE SIGN

5.0 out of 5 stars if it had a white edge then it can be seen better on my (very) red petrol can, 23 July 2015
Its a sticker!!! AND...it sticks.

But, if it had a white edge then it can be seen better on my (very) red petrol can! But as it is it is fine for the green variety of petrol can.

3 X 25 LITRE PLASTIC BUCKETS WITH LIDS AND METAL HANDLE, HARD WEARING BUCKET
3 X 25 LITRE PLASTIC BUCKETS WITH LIDS AND METAL HANDLE, HARD WEARING BUCKET
Offered by LINCS PRODUCTS®

5.0 out of 5 stars A good prepper bucket., 23 July 2015
This review is for an individual bucket. I assume that all of the purchase options are using that same bucket but with varying amounts. I have the set of three. The review is also aimed at those wishing to use this bucket as a storage bucket, rather than as a feed bucket.

This is a food grade polypropaline plastic bucket with lid. The properties of Polypropylene are many, but include...Semi-rigid. Translucent. Good chemical resistance. Tough. Good fatigue resistance. Integral hinge property. Good heat resistance.

I purchased this bucket as a storage unit for my bulk grains etc. Also, I got it for storing food as a bulk purchase and splitting into these buckets.

25 ltrs is 5.5 UK gallons or 6.5 US gallons. So this is the perfect 'five gallon bucket' that we here in the UK are always hearing of that is prevelent in the US. Filling the bucket with water and trying to lift it, or in my case trying to get the wife to lift it, reveils that it is heavy. The wire flexed a little. This would be the maximum weight that would be put in it though and the hinges did not flinch. The only way to lift it with the lid on is to hug it or use the wire handle. The handle is fine for its job as a storage bucket. As an everyday use bucket the wire handle will suffer. The bucket will survive though. If this bucket had side handles then it would be perfect.

As it is, this bucket for me is a use a few times as I fill it and store it, and then later empty it of its contents as I eat it (not the bucket)

Being translucent I need to use a mylar bag to block out light. Or a sheet of free corrigated card on the inside and under the lid. The lid seals fine, but I would use a rubber mallet from the 99p shop the next time I go there.

One last thing. The bucket is not air tight. For me, if that bothered me, I could use bees wax in the lid before sealing for long term and as an organic seal. Or one might just put a bead of rubber mastic along the lid insides and let it dry (it takes a bit of experimentation to get the right thickness of bead).

Deluxe Archery Quiver Blue Leather Hip Quiver Adjustable Back Arrow holder for Archery Hunting Shooting-Right Hand
Offered by huntingdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars Oooo! Soft., 25 Jun. 2015
My first quiver. My first impressions.

First off, I think that apart from the cosmetics to the other bags in their range, my assessment of this quiver will be the same for the others in the range as they are of the same design.

Waist slung, white. Boy is that gonna get dirty in the undergrowth! The blue "thread" looks like cheap plastic but it isn't. It is a strong blue, and shiny. The buttons are plastic covered poppers(stud fasteners) that have a Chinese-esk glyph on them. I contacted the company selling the quiver and they told me it was simply their logo.

The thing is not too easy to work out where things go, but I got there in the end. I will post images if I can soon.

The three pouch/side pockets are not water tight. You will need inners for things like electronic sights (crossbow) or new small heads or hunting heads.
The top pouch is detachable.

The main compartment is split into three portions. Simple dividers at the top is how this is done. The bottom is not protected from the points of the bolts or arrows, you should place a piece of leather at the bottom to protect. A bit of a tongue from an old shoe is fine and free.
This is not for small crossbow bolts, but for longer arrows.
Its long enough to hold 17 inch long (with its feathers INSIDE the top) and you be able to reach the end of the arrow with searching fingers. Longer is also of course possible.
I stuffed twenty arrows for my crossbow into the quiver. But the feathers might damage. If I had true feathered arrows and not rubber then I might only put 15 or 16 in the quiver.

I am a fat git, and the belt is almost to its extreme. I had better slim up or ship out if I want to continue using this quiver.

The quiver is soft to the touch. Nice to hold. It needs to be maintained. I contacted the company, and you need to treat it like you would any expensive leather. Look online, on you tube to find out how.

All in all, I would buy again, if it was in brown or black. I DO NOT regret buying the white though, as its bloomin' COOOOL!

CampFeuer® - Shower Tent, Portable Changing Storage Utility Room 210x130x130 cm
CampFeuer® - Shower Tent, Portable Changing Storage Utility Room 210x130x130 cm
Offered by CS Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars In the bin., 22 Jun. 2015
One star means 'I hate it'. Two stars mean 'I dont like it'. Three stars indicate that 'its okay'. So I give the tent a one star of 'I hate it'! It would have got a three star of its okay but I had problems with the company that sent it to me.

The quality of the unit is ok, but it will leak from the top if it rains unless you run a seal stick along the seams on the top areas. I would make a sheet of extra material to provide a roof that will stop this leaking. You need a large area to set it up, but a confined space also helps you to wedge the poles as you build the tent from the ground up. I dont think that this would be any harder than another poled tent.

Stability wise, it is just like any tall tent that will need the extra guy ropes provided to aid in wind resistance.

There is enough space to shower and poo (not at the same time). I am tall. There is enough headroom. It is wide enough. There are loops and two bags to hold things in one place on the walls. There are two top vents to open up when showering in hot water.

There is no ground sheet. I have heard that a clean door mat will do a good job of stopping your feet from getting muddy over time. A ground sheet might be slippery anyway,

The door is large enough and has toggles to hold it open. BUT, and its a BIG BUT, and is the cause of the one star of 'I HATE IT! The zip on the door is not fit for purpose. It is under tension when it is built up, but it pulls on the zip. It is pulled so hard that it does not close or open once it is closed. After just a couple of times, the zip could not close. It is a number 5 or 3 zip size but needed to be an 8 or 10 moulded zip.
I contacted the company but they did not like how I was not happy, and they made some demands that were outside my rights as a customer.
It went to arbitration and I got my money back that way after a few days (yay Amazon UK). If it led to it, I would have seen them in the small claims court, with them giving me more for my trouble. Their attitude to the customer this time, stunk to high Heaven.

I binned it! It needed a larger and heavier zip. Simple.

The way that the company dealt with me, I am hoping, that this is a one off with them. I will never order from them again. Its up to you if you wish to do the same, knowing that the zip, in my oppinion is not fit for purpose.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9