Profile for BerlinerPooh > Reviews

Content by BerlinerPooh

BerlinerPooh (Mexico City)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Garnier Nutrisse Creme Permanent Hair Colour 7.3 Dark Golden Blonde (Pack of 3)
Garnier Nutrisse Creme Permanent Hair Colour 7.3 Dark Golden Blonde (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Much darker than the picture!, 13 Jan. 2016
I have been buying this colour (73 or 7.3) on Amazon.de as Golden Blonde with the exact same picture. The new boxes now seem to be labeled Honey Blonde! In any case, the colour that comes out on my hair (dark ash blonde roots) is actually closer to the current name described on Amazon.co.uk (Praline Blonde) in that it appears as hazelnut with coppery highlights. I really like it and have used 73 for many years. The picture on the box is way way off so if you are looking for that wheat blonde, this might not work. As it fades it becomes more coppery (after about 5 weeks) on me until I eventually have to start using blue shampoo to counteract the brassiness. Then I go to my hairdresser and get a few low-lights in a darker tone to balance things out a bit. As far as quality goes I am very happy with Garnier Nutrisse, my hair feels full bodied and soft after use with lots of shine.

Dreams 'n' Drapes Minton Quilt Set, Teal, King
Dreams 'n' Drapes Minton Quilt Set, Teal, King

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice!, 6 Jan. 2016
Turned out very nice after a couple of turns in the washing machine. I was worried about the poly-cotton mix but the fabric is soft and comfortable. The colour description says teal but what I got is a lovely mix of muted blues and the pattern is suitable for any room. Will be looking for more duvet covers from this brand.

Balance Living Travel Size Pillow Case 14"x 20" Designed for Japanese Buckwheat Pillows
Offered by Innovative World

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., 6 Jan. 2016
I bought this pillow case to fit my travel pillow; it's lovely, soft and cool against the skin. Machine washed in cold temp, no shrinkage but needs a bit of ironing!

Snyder's Honey Mustard and Onion Pretzel Pieces 125g - 10 pack
Snyder's Honey Mustard and Onion Pretzel Pieces 125g - 10 pack
Offered by We Luv Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a party in your mouth :o), 6 Jan. 2016
Honey Mustard Oniion is my favourite flavour from the Snyder's Pretzel selection. Perfect balance of sweet and tart and unbelievable crunch. Nothing nutritious about them of course but oh what a wonderful treat!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2016 6:05 PM GMT

Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails 2 x 120 Gel-Caps
Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails 2 x 120 Gel-Caps
Offered by WEBPARA

3.0 out of 5 stars Affordable... but read ingredients list carefully!, 2 Feb. 2015
I have been taking these for 14 weeks now and am still debating on whether to continue with this brand or try something else when the course is finished. On the positive side my hair has grown a bit faster than usual and noticed some new fine baby hairs along my forehead which were not there before. I cannot tell if it is growing stronger but at my last hair appointment a week ago, my stylist said there was marked growth compared to previous visits and overall my hair is in good condition for my age! No change in my lashes or any other places :o) My nails enjoyed a growth spurt but as usual, split and peel as soon as they go over the edge and I still have a lot of ridges. On the negative side, I have had a few more breakouts than before starting Phyto Phytophanère . I have read many articles relating to the imbalance in the ratio of Omegas in the western diet and how it can affect sebum production among other things. I cannot understand the addition of Omega 6 when we should all be cutting back on it! I am also weary of cheap fillers like Hydrogenated Soybean Oil and Soybean Lecithin (Gluten) which I believe are completely unnecessary additions to any supplement.

Bama Unisex Adults' Insole
Bama Unisex Adults' Insole
Price: £5.62 - £27.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Bama Outdoor cushioning for up- and downhill walks (Yellow), 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Bama Unisex Adults' Insole (Shoes)
I purchased these to replace worn out insoles in a pair of oldish Gabor training/walking leather shoes which already felt a bit big. Although these are very comfortable, soft and squishy on the top they are also very thick and have some hard plastic areas underneath. When wearing them the heel feels higher than normal so my foot moves forward hurting my toes when I walk. Also while the heel is raised the position of the foot changes in relation to the back of the shoe so they are not snug where they are supposed to be and I need to wear my laces tight so the back of the foot does not slip out. When I checked my other trainers' insoles I noticed that although the sides of the insoles are slightly raised they do not add volume under the heel as much. I should think they would fit well in a shoe that is 1-1 1/2 sizes too big or too wide for the wearer or be suitable for someone who finds the back of the shoes too high rubbing under the ankles. I need to find something else!

L'Oreal Glam Shine Cream Lipstick 200 Rose Crystal
L'Oreal Glam Shine Cream Lipstick 200 Rose Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 May 2014
Am not keen on lipsticks or glosses in tubes so love these sheer lustrous balmy lipsticks! Unfortunately, they have been discontinued and have become impossible to find. I ordered with some trepidation but they arrived in perfect condition. No rank smell, no sweat beads or separation of the product. Rose Crystal 200 is a beautiful feminine spring colour with just the right amount of red/coral/peach glossy pigment to enhance lips without feeling sticky or waxy. Looks great on pale or tanned skin and makes lips look fuller. The case is not the nasty cheap looking plastic you might expect from this brand but a chic mirror chrome finish that anyone can show off! Highly recommended.

The Sacred Vault (Wilde/Chase 6)
The Sacred Vault (Wilde/Chase 6)
by Andy McDermott

3.0 out of 5 stars Exhausting!, 21 Mar. 2014
As a big fan of authors like James Rollins, Jeff Long, Matthew Reilly, I started reading Andy Mcdermott's Chase/Wilde adventures from book #1 and just finished this one. It took me a while to plough through it and often just wanted to throw in the towel and start something else but I did it! I have mostly enjoyed the series but with each book I keep thinking that it's the same old story; the characters are in a permanent roller-coaster of dangerous adventure, surviving by the skin of their teeth and just when you thought they would have a wee rest ... off they go again! It is exhausting to read and keep up with them. It's not that the books are bad, just too intense and far fetched to keep me focused. For sure, it is the author's intent to keep you on the edge of your seat but too much of a good thing ... :o)

I have started Empire of Gold (#8 in the series) and I think it will be my last.

SanDisk Clip Zip 8GB MP3 Player with FM Radio - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars If it lasts a year, I shall be delighted!!!, 2 Feb. 2014
I seem to be collecting MP3 players as they all go bonkers and die sooner than expected. My last "victim" was a very nice Sony Walkman that cost me the equivalent of 3 Sansa clips and gave up after less than 2 years! This little gem arrived in the post recently and I could not be happier. It is positively miniscule and weighs nothing! After charging, setting up took a few seconds and within a few minutes I had filled up half the memory with all my songs with no trouble at all using Windows Explorer and just dragging entire pre-made folders into the player. It has a lot of features for such a small player, it's quite amazing. I tried the radio but could not really get anything in the house; maybe when I am out and about it will work better. I love the clip too, it's so handy. So many MP3 players on the market fail in this respect - it is supposed to be mobile - and the few cases available have belt loops. I am not usually in the habit of wearing a belt to the gym! I have not used the headphones that came with it as I loathe sticking things in my ear but the sound was excellent with cheap generic over the ear ones. In a nutshell, I really like it!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm ... just ok., 20 Jan. 2014
I am pleased with the way this tablet looks (like my Samsung phone, just bigger!), the size of the screen is perfect for surfing and playing games. I like that I can use it anywhere in the house with Wifi. It was super easy to set up and explore. Some great Apps to try out and the extra storage facility is very useful. However, it falls short on several levels namely :

1) a lot of times I am asked to install Flash player to view certain videos or games but it does not support that programme;
2) switches itself off while I am using it for no apparent reason
3) on certain websites it reverts back to the desktop screen without prompting or freezes completely until I switch off/on again. Sometimes this happens several times in a space of a minute and end up going to the PC out of sheer frustration!
4) the screen keyboard is very slow to pop up when I need to type something in a search box or log into sites and there is no button to request keyboard!
5) I cannot get it to work with our Samsung TV, just going round in circles
6) battery life is not great needs recharging every couple of days minimum

I am a bit disappointed because in my opinion it is expensive for what you get!
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 11:05 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4