Profile for BerlinerPooh > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails 2 x 120 Gel-Caps
Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails 2 x 120 Gel-Caps
Offered by virtualpharmacie06

3.0 out of 5 stars Affordable... but read ingredients list carefully!, 2 Feb. 2015
I have been taking these for 14 weeks now and am still debating on whether to continue with this brand or try something else when the course is finished. On the positive side my hair has grown a bit faster than usual and noticed some new fine baby hairs along my forehead which were not there before. I cannot tell if it is growing stronger but at my last hair appointment a week ago, my stylist said there was marked growth compared to previous visits and overall my hair is in good condition for my age! No change in my lashes or any other places :o) My nails enjoyed a growth spurt but as usual, split and peel as soon as they go over the edge and I still have a lot of ridges. On the negative side, I have had a few more breakouts than before starting Phyto Phytophanère . I have read many articles relating to the imbalance in the ratio of Omegas in the western diet and how it can affect sebum production among other things. I cannot understand the addition of Omega 6 when we should all be cutting back on it! I am also weary of cheap fillers like Hydrogenated Soybean Oil and Soybean Lecithin (Gluten) which I believe are completely unnecessary additions to any supplement.

Bama Deo Fußbett 31.01486.0004, Unisex Adults' Comfort Insole
Bama Deo Fußbett 31.01486.0004, Unisex Adults' Comfort Insole
Price: £6.83 - £22.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Bama Outdoor cushioning for up- and downhill walks (Yellow), 10 Dec. 2014
I purchased these to replace worn out insoles in a pair of oldish Gabor training/walking leather shoes which already felt a bit big. Although these are very comfortable, soft and squishy on the top they are also very thick and have some hard plastic areas underneath. When wearing them the heel feels higher than normal so my foot moves forward hurting my toes when I walk. Also while the heel is raised the position of the foot changes in relation to the back of the shoe so they are not snug where they are supposed to be and I need to wear my laces tight so the back of the foot does not slip out. When I checked my other trainers' insoles I noticed that although the sides of the insoles are slightly raised they do not add volume under the heel as much. I should think they would fit well in a shoe that is 1-1 1/2 sizes too big or too wide for the wearer or be suitable for someone who finds the back of the shoes too high rubbing under the ankles. I need to find something else!

L'Oreal Glam Shine Cream Lipstick 200 Rose Crystal
L'Oreal Glam Shine Cream Lipstick 200 Rose Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 May 2014
Am not keen on lipsticks or glosses in tubes so love these sheer lustrous balmy lipsticks! Unfortunately, they have been discontinued and have become impossible to find. I ordered with some trepidation but they arrived in perfect condition. No rank smell, no sweat beads or separation of the product. Rose Crystal 200 is a beautiful feminine spring colour with just the right amount of red/coral/peach glossy pigment to enhance lips without feeling sticky or waxy. Looks great on pale or tanned skin and makes lips look fuller. The case is not the nasty cheap looking plastic you might expect from this brand but a chic mirror chrome finish that anyone can show off! Highly recommended.

The Sacred Vault (Wilde/Chase 6)
The Sacred Vault (Wilde/Chase 6)
by Andy McDermott

3.0 out of 5 stars Exhausting!, 21 Mar. 2014
As a big fan of authors like James Rollins, Jeff Long, Matthew Reilly, I started reading Andy Mcdermott's Chase/Wilde adventures from book #1 and just finished this one. It took me a while to plough through it and often just wanted to throw in the towel and start something else but I did it! I have mostly enjoyed the series but with each book I keep thinking that it's the same old story; the characters are in a permanent roller-coaster of dangerous adventure, surviving by the skin of their teeth and just when you thought they would have a wee rest ... off they go again! It is exhausting to read and keep up with them. It's not that the books are bad, just too intense and far fetched to keep me focused. For sure, it is the author's intent to keep you on the edge of your seat but too much of a good thing ... :o)

I have started Empire of Gold (#8 in the series) and I think it will be my last.

SanDisk Clip Zip 8GB MP3 Player with FM Radio - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars If it lasts a year, I shall be delighted!!!, 2 Feb. 2014
I seem to be collecting MP3 players as they all go bonkers and die sooner than expected. My last "victim" was a very nice Sony Walkman that cost me the equivalent of 3 Sansa clips and gave up after less than 2 years! This little gem arrived in the post recently and I could not be happier. It is positively miniscule and weighs nothing! After charging, setting up took a few seconds and within a few minutes I had filled up half the memory with all my songs with no trouble at all using Windows Explorer and just dragging entire pre-made folders into the player. It has a lot of features for such a small player, it's quite amazing. I tried the radio but could not really get anything in the house; maybe when I am out and about it will work better. I love the clip too, it's so handy. So many MP3 players on the market fail in this respect - it is supposed to be mobile - and the few cases available have belt loops. I am not usually in the habit of wearing a belt to the gym! I have not used the headphones that came with it as I loathe sticking things in my ear but the sound was excellent with cheap generic over the ear ones. In a nutshell, I really like it!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Offered by eZee Trade

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm ... just ok., 20 Jan. 2014
I am pleased with the way this tablet looks (like my Samsung phone, just bigger!), the size of the screen is perfect for surfing and playing games. I like that I can use it anywhere in the house with Wifi. It was super easy to set up and explore. Some great Apps to try out and the extra storage facility is very useful. However, it falls short on several levels namely :

1) a lot of times I am asked to install Flash player to view certain videos or games but it does not support that programme;
2) switches itself off while I am using it for no apparent reason
3) on certain websites it reverts back to the desktop screen without prompting or freezes completely until I switch off/on again. Sometimes this happens several times in a space of a minute and end up going to the PC out of sheer frustration!
4) the screen keyboard is very slow to pop up when I need to type something in a search box or log into sites and there is no button to request keyboard!
5) I cannot get it to work with our Samsung TV, just going round in circles
6) battery life is not great needs recharging every couple of days minimum

I am a bit disappointed because in my opinion it is expensive for what you get!
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 11:05 PM BST

Tefal Expert 5-Piece Cookware Set - Grey
Tefal Expert 5-Piece Cookware Set - Grey
Offered by SelectiveGoods

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value!, 27 Nov. 2013
I have had this set of pots for a year now and use them on a daily basis. Compared to my regular Tefal (Essential line) these are not dishwasher safe at all! I accidentally put the frying pan into a load and although the non-stick interior was not affected the finish on the outside lost its lustre and turned a dull grey. I imagine a few more accidents would ruin it altogether! Having said that, these perform 100 times better than my old Tefals; the cooking is more uniform and nothing ever sticks. They are easy enough to wash by hand :o) After 12 months, they look like new ... except the frying pan!

The 2 smaller size pots are a bit of a challenge on a gas hob though, they tend to fall over if not completely full! Not sure if a ceramic hob would be better. I use a flame diffuser underneath (a round metal plate for lowering simmer temperature) and this helps keep them steady.

According to the specs these can be used in the oven but I've never tried. My gas oven reaches 230C on the lowest setting which would probably melt the handles!

All in all this set is very good value and though it does not compare to high end cookware in terms of quality and durability, it does the job well for the price! I have 2 expensive pots that the manufacturer guarantees for life but they weigh a tonne and I need to wear oven gloves to touch the handles. Needless to say they get little use, I always turn to the Tefals!

Nylabone Puppy Teething Rings
Nylabone Puppy Teething Rings

3.0 out of 5 stars Very tough!, 28 Aug. 2013
I purchased these for my 4.5 month old Chihuahua puppy as he has been chewing everything in the house despite having an array of toys! Although he has a couple of favourites he bores easily on his own and I figured the rings would peek his curiosity and keep him occupied for at least 5 minutes. There is nothing wrong with this product (well made and durable looking) as such but as a previous reviewer mentioned, they are quite big and not really suitable for a small breed puppy. Also made of very hard plastic and my pup just can't seem to get a good grip and feel any chewing satisfaction! He likes to run with things in his mouth and he just gets fed up with the rings dropping on the floor all the time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2013 4:21 PM BST

Kong Puppy Kong Wubba Dogs Chew Toy, Small (Colour May Vary)
Kong Puppy Kong Wubba Dogs Chew Toy, Small (Colour May Vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good toy!, 15 Aug. 2013
I bought this for my 4 month old Chihuahua puppy who sniffs and leaves every toy I have bought so far with the exception of the Kong Wubba and his furry friend the Kong Cozie.

The Wubba is very well made and sturdy, he chews on it for hours and hours and is still going strong. He loves chasing after it down the corridor and playing tug of war!

Highly recommended!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, 10 Aug. 2013
I love the colours of this duvet cover set, just as pictured; a very relaxing pattern suitable for everyone, not too homely or ultra modern, just classy!

When I unpacked it I felt the fabric was a bit rough but with a couple of good washes it now has a lovely soft texture and is very comfortable. Fit is perfect!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4