Profile for GJO McINTOSH > Reviews

Content by GJO McINTOSH

GJO McINTOSH "horsefly-soup" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Croning
The Croning
by Laird Barron

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 14 April 2017
This review is from: The Croning (Paperback)
Looking at the reviews, I expected something a lot better than this. This is a rambling, waffling affair that I'd expect from a high school student, not a published author. The first two thirds of the book just jumped around, going nowhere, and then it became contrived nonsense. There was so much pointless filler in this book, that the actual story could have been reduced to about 30 pages..
Comparing Laird Barron to H.P. Lovecraft is like comparing Leyton Orient to Tottenham Hotspur.......no criticism of Orient intended, but the gulf in class is huge, just as it is with Barron and who he thinks he is.

Roberts Radio Stream 107 Portable DAB/DAB+/FM/Wi-Fi Internet Radio with Media Streaming - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Radio keeps freezing., 26 Feb. 2017
When the radio works it's great, but it's forever freezing, and I have to switch it off at the mains and then switch it on again in order to get it working again.

Mira 1.25 m Response Chrome Plated Shower Hose 1.1605.167
Mira 1.25 m Response Chrome Plated Shower Hose 1.1605.167

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish., 26 Feb. 2017
After a few months, the plastic outer cover split, and now the shower is spraying water all over the place.

Mebby Dual Touch Sensor Thermometer Forehead and Underarm Model (White)
Mebby Dual Touch Sensor Thermometer Forehead and Underarm Model (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, 8 Jan. 2014
This thermometer is pretty basic, but that's all that I wanted......something simple and quick.
My only gripe is that the product description advises: "The thermometer can also be displayed in either Celsius or Fahrenheit, whichever is your preference."
In fact it only displays in Centigrade........it can't display Fahrenheit, but as long as I know what the healthy temperature range should be in Centigrade, I guess that's not a problem.

Ethos 28 cm Non-stick Frying Pan, Aubergine
Ethos 28 cm Non-stick Frying Pan, Aubergine

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT non stick, 10 Dec. 2013
First time that I used this pan was to cook 3 fried eggs.....all three stuck to the pan and couldn't be removed by wiping. I had to use a scouring pad in the end, which is not something that I expected to have to do.
Second time that I used it was to cook some veggie sausages. No idea what happened, but when I dropped the sausages into the pan, the white ceramic turned a mottled black, and I can't get that off, even with a scouring pad.
Complete waste of money.

VEO - USB Dancing Water Speakers black - Desktop Speakers for PC, Mac, MP3 Players, Mobile Phones inc. iPhone & Tablets, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad 5 iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c

5.0 out of 5 stars Look Good, 26 Nov. 2013
I have bought these as a Christmas present for somebody else, so haven't had a chance to see or hear them in action, but the shape and style of the speakers certainly looks good.

Ecozone Forever Flush 2000 - Toilet Cleaner and Freshener - Last for up to 2000 Flushes - Helps to Prevent Stains and Limescale

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what this really does, 5 Oct. 2013
Not totally sure what this does apart from turn the water a pleasant shade of blue.
Unlike another reviewer, this DOES leave a blueish residue all over my bowl and especially along the rim of the bowl. I need to use bleach to remove it, which defeats the whole point of using an eco cleaner.
As for keeping my toilet free of smells.....I never really had a problem with that before, so hard to tell if this makes any difference.

6/12/2013
I've now had this product in my cistern for 3 months, and the water has turned from blue to clear. The toilet where this is used gets flushed 5 times per day at most....so 35 times per week, 150 times per month and 450 times in 3 months.
I know that the product claims that it lasts "up to" 2000 flushes, but 450 is way way short of what I would call an honest claim.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 12:31 PM BST

Dilbert 2013 Box
Dilbert 2013 Box
by Scott Adams
Edition: Calendar

1.0 out of 5 stars Same cartoons as 2012, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Dilbert 2013 Box (Calendar)
In previous years, the Dilbert box desk calendar has been published by Danilo, but the 2013 edition was published by Andrew McMeel....perhaps this is why this year's edition has exactly the same cartoons as the 2012 edition.
I picked 100 of this year's cartoons at random (I get obsessed when annoyed), and every single one of them appeared in the 2012 desk calendar, so I'm guessing that
Andrew McMeel somehow obtained the previous year's run in error, and went ahead and printed them, thinking that they were new.
Too late to worry about it now, but if the 2014 cartoons are just a rehash of 2012/2013 cartoons, then I, for one, will be be boycotting all Dilbert calendars for the foreseeable future.

Gembird 20m Patch Cord Cat5e Gold Plated Cable
Gembird 20m Patch Cord Cat5e Gold Plated Cable
Offered by MHP Computer Services Ltd ®

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 26 Sept. 2012
I have a blu-ray player in my living room that needs to have it's software updated every so often. To do this, it needs to be connected to a broadband router....which I have, but in an upstairs room.
I have ethernet cables, but none longer than 1 meter.....so nothing that could connect my blu-ray player to my router. I didn't want to start moving equipment around, so a longer cable seemed to be the best bet. As I wouldn't be using the cable very often, I didn't want to spend too much, so when I saw this on Amazon, for a couple of pounds, it seemed too good to be true.
Ordered it, and 2 days later I have updated my blu-ray's software (and watched Youtube on my TV, via the blu-ray player). Excellent item and excellent value.

The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars: 40th Anniversary Edition
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than I expected for an anniversary edition., 21 Jun. 2012
As this is the 40th Anniversary Edition, I expected something a little more substantial than this.
The actual CD is great as far as the sound is concerned......but then so are previous release of TRAFOZSATSFM....and they are a lot cheaper.
For the price being charged for this anniversary edition, I would have expected decent packaging and some sort of information booklet, but as a previous reviewer has advised, all you get is a flimsy cardboard cover and the CD.......and that's it.
If you're just after the CD (rather than the package that includes the vinyl), buy one of the earlier versions, as it will cost a lot less for the same thing that you get here.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3