Profile for M. J. Lowis > Reviews

M. J. Lowis (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
P5 Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphones by Bowers & Wilkins - Black
P5 Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphones by Bowers & Wilkins - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars however as Bluetooth headphones they are poor. The connection is the worst I have experienced, 18 Dec. 2016
I feel the need to point out what only a few reviews have mentioned. The sound is exceptional as been consistently pointed out., Hence the 4 stars, however as Bluetooth headphones they are poor. The connection is the worst I have experienced, including very cheap Bluetooth headphones. The connection drops not only in the next room inside the house but in the same room. There are strange dropouts regularly and it is enough to annoy. Disappointing

BargainUniverse® SUPER LOW WATER PRESSURE BOOSTING SHOWER HEAD DESINGER EASY CLEAN RUBBER JETS
Offered by HOUSLER

5.0 out of 5 stars looks fantastic.. works perfectly and does improve the feel ..., 22 April 2016
£9.50.…..looks fantastic..works perfectly and does improve the feel of the shower...bargain

AudioMX Bluetooth Headphones (HB-8A)
AudioMX Bluetooth Headphones (HB-8A)
Offered by PLEMO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Accidental Audio MX purchase, 1 Jan. 2016
Ok... I ordered these accidentally. I was after the august ones!... However just been delighted with the sound. Good bass.. Surprisingly good treble and midrange... Build quality is superb..

Practical Periodontics, 1e
Practical Periodontics, 1e
by Ken A Eaton PhD MSc BDS MGDS RCS(Eng) FFGDP(UK) FFPH FHEA FICD DHC

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Dec. 2015
Just finished reading through the book.. Informative and contemporary and evidence based, enjoyable to read! Highly recommended

Unisex Theatre Scrubs (Set of Tunic & Trousers) (Large, Navy Blue)
Unisex Theatre Scrubs (Set of Tunic & Trousers) (Large, Navy Blue)
Offered by B & M Care & Workwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Nov. 2015
Good quality. Fit as expected

Toshiba PLM02E-00D003EN CB30-B-104 13 inch Chromebook Laptop (Intel Celeron 2.16 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 16 GB SSD, Google Chrome OS) - Silver (Launched in 2015)

4.0 out of 5 stars Macbook Pro vs Chromebook, 18 Jun. 2015
Hi.

So I had a Macbook Pro. It was coming up to a refresh and I thought ' I don't really want to spend a £1000 on a new computer'. I'm getting old or more sensible, or both. Oh God.

So before I bought a Chromebook, I made myself use only the Chrome browser for a month, and nothing else on my Macbook.

This was odd because it did prove the point, I didn't use much else, but not only that, it simplified things and found myself avoiding things that I couldn't do in a browser.

So I bought an Asus C300 as an entry to the Chromebook world, used it for 4 weeks, realised it was almost perfect.... It was quick, it looked ok, it did most things I needed. It lacked one thing, a decent screen. To the degree it bothered me. A lot.

So I bought this, the Toshiba Chromebook 2, I nearly bought the Pixel and suspect I will, but this is fantastic.

The screen is brilliant and the keyboard and track-pad are superb. The screen is better than my Macbook Pro (2011), the keyboard definitely better than the Asus C300. While that was decent, this one, to my fingers is pretty close to the Macbook, the Asus just felt a bit too flexible.

Battery life is very good, about 7-8 hours, pretty heavy use. The Asus was a bit nuts here, it got almost 11 hours, I think because of the low res screen, swings and roundabouts...

This takes a 128GB SD card, which I have, with all my old iTunes music on, and movies, this works perfectly and plays straight from sd card.

It only has 16 GB of built in storage, its really strange but you don't use it! You get 100GB free storage for 2 years anyway from google in the Google drive Cloud so everything is backed up automatically as you write. You don't press save at all, its pretty cool.

There is a concern that Microsoft Office doesn't work with this, its a bit of a pointless concern. I'm not being rude. Google's apps will make sense of all the Microsoft docs and apple docs you receive.

Google Docs and Sheets are 'pretty much' fully compatible with Office docs

There are replacement on-line alternatives to Photoshop and other apps which work great, there does seem to be a Skype issue currently so that might be a deal breaker for you. The alternative is Hangouts, which works pretty well.

If you don't know, you can transfer all your music from iTunes, or anywhere easily to Google music play. Its a free service and works very well.

To summarise, I don't miss my Macbook at all, this is truly superb for £260.

There are limitations to Chromebooks but I really don't see any of them affecting you unless you want to run specific software.

They are truly great value and I certainly recommend this one, I believe it is the best Chromebook out there at this point (Except Google's £800 one)

The only reason this is not 5 Stars is the slightly limited storage of 16GB, it probably 4 and 1/2 really.. its a great computer.

Hope this Helps

Mat

Edit; So I thought I'd mention that at Screen res 1920 x 1080 I find the text size a bit small, the picture of video is fantastic, however for general use I've settled on 1536 x 864, which still looks fantastic but allows the text to be a more usable size, play around and see what works for you..
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2016 12:50 PM GMT

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video

1.0 out of 5 stars err. no Chromecast support.., 3 April 2015
This review is from: Amazon Prime Video (App)
See title...

Mighty Mate MM2 Sync Data USB Charging cable for mobile phones, tablets, cameras and SAT NAV

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Mar. 2015
These things are brilliant. Look great. Cheap. Do exactly as they say, charge your phone!

Bolle Carve Ski Goggles - Black/Green Fade/Green Emerald, Medium
Bolle Carve Ski Goggles - Black/Green Fade/Green Emerald, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Bolle Carve Ski Goggles (Sports)
Great Value. Used them for this weeks boarding as lost my Oakleys. No noticeable difference..

Snowboard Bindings Tool & Ratchet Screwdriver
Snowboard Bindings Tool & Ratchet Screwdriver
Offered by Skiweb

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Mar. 2015
All good, great tool. Has all need attachments to adjust bindings on the slope. Well built.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4