Profile for Bess_Wheat > Reviews

Content by Bess_Wheat

Bess_Wheat
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Animal (My Infographic Sticker Activity Book)
Animal (My Infographic Sticker Activity Book)
by Wayland Publishers

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun activity book for all ages, 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this activity book! Oh, and so did my daughter :) First of all, who doesn't love stickers? And secondly, we got to learn some facts about animals. It was nice to go through a few pages at a time rather than the whole thing on one go - spread the entertainment over a few days. And once the stickers are in you can use it as a reading book. Only thing was she was so keen to get sticking that a few animals lost limbs in the process so you might want to supervise younger children. But could be fun for siblings to work through together and everyone can get something out of it.

The Little Book of Gratitude (MBS Little book of...)
The Little Book of Gratitude (MBS Little book of...)
by Dr Robert A Emmons PhD

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little guide, makes a great gift, 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think I expected there to be more activities and space to record thoughts in this book. But overall there is plenty to get your teeth stuck into in terms of learning about the benefits of gratitude and how to make it part of your way of life. Emmons believes gratitude is "a daily discipline whereby you consciously and deliberately choose to focus upon all that is working in your life, the ordinary and the extraordinary". This sounds like a simple job but in practice it takes a lot of mindfulness to cultivate and sustain the practice of gratitude. Hence why this book has been written. Definitely lots of interesting info included and I'm sure most people will take something with then from a read of this little book :)

Carmex Moisture plus Pink duo pack
Carmex Moisture plus Pink duo pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for very chapped lips, 25 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This moisturising lip balm is great for taking care of really chapped lips. It makes them smooth and soft. If, like me, you don't like wearing lip stick then this is the perfect alternative. It does not feel sticky like some glosses can and it gives a lovely pink sheen that lasts a good few hours. Overall I am very impressed and will buy this again. If only the tube contained more product :)

Judy Hall's Complete Crystal Workshop
Judy Hall's Complete Crystal Workshop
by Judy Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous guide to connecting with crystals and all that is, 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a different style of crystal book than I have been used to reading. It is a very refreshing approach! I like that it really is a personal journey for you to learn about and connect with your crystals. Discovering their properties for yourself rather than being told what they are suits my style of learning. I also believe that qualities will differ for different people so it is a much more individual approach. As an impatient person I was initially trying to skip ahead and look at the later exercises but found that it really is better to follow Judy's advice and assimilate each lesson fully before moving on to the next. There is space to record your findings but I recommend having a separate journal instead so you don't feel limited by the space in the book. This is definitely a book for those who have a few crystals already but I will be building up my collection as a result and my crystals are happy they are no longer trapped in a drawer anymore! I am looking forward to continuing my crystal learning journey thanks to Judy :)

Heathcote & Ivory Blush Rose Hand and Nail Cream Collection 30 ml - Pack of 3
Heathcote & Ivory Blush Rose Hand and Nail Cream Collection 30 ml - Pack of 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy size tubes but scent not for me, 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The cream soaks in well and moisturises hands when needed. The size of the tubes is great for popping into your handbag for everyday use. However I found the scent to be quite overpowering but would definitely try the same brand if there were a different scent available. The set is also a nice idea for a gift.

Command 17087G Medium Graphite Double Hook
Command 17087G Medium Graphite Double Hook
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Secure double hook, 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a bit apprehensive about using a sticky hook as I was worried about it taking the weight of what I needed it to hold. But this one looks good and is secure enough to hang my dressing gowns on the back of the bedroom door. I will be keeping the instructions though to make sure that I can re hang with the other strip if I need to move it.

Scotch-Brite Non Scratch Design Sponge Scourer Twin Pack (Pack of 5)
Scotch-Brite Non Scratch Design Sponge Scourer Twin Pack (Pack of 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as long lasting as I expected, 2 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have thoroughly tested this product as i have recently moved house. I used this on crayon marks on painted walls (did a good job on red but not on yellow!), on skirting boards (excellent at removing marks) and on marks on walls (make sure you test it first as I now have some light patches). For general heavy duty cleaning they are great but I didn't realise they gradually disappeared as they are used! So one sponge has been used over the course of a day. I think I would have to compare this to a different brand to get an idea of how effective they really are.

Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Lip Balm SPF15 15 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Lip Balm SPF15 15 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best lip balm I've ever used, 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use lip balm on a daily basis as my lips are very probe to chapping. This leafs me to bite them too so I need a heavy duty moisturising lip balm. As other reviewers have mentioned, it does protect lips like a barrier rather than nourish them within. It is quite greasy but you only need a little amount. Also, if you don't like the taste or smell of honey then avoid avoid avoid! I didn't realise it would be quite so strong! I am gradually getting used to it but would have preferred the benefits of the bees without the scent.

Sevenhills Wholefoods 250 g Organic New Zealand Wheatgrass Powder
Sevenhills Wholefoods 250 g Organic New Zealand Wheatgrass Powder
Offered by Sevenhills Wholefoods

4.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully doing some good!, 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have started using this as part of a general detox so I am going it will be doing my body some good. Gradually increasing my dose as suggested on the packet. Be careful when u open the packet though! I didn't realise it would be such a finely ground powder and I was lost in a green cloud! I have been mixing it in with my soups, orange juice or smoothies to mask the taste.

The Art of Flight
The Art of Flight
by Fredrik Sjöberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, 24 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Art of Flight (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I chose this book as I was interested in learning more about nature and a personal account of a man connected to the study of the natural world. It seems a lot more focused on art instead. Although art and nature are understandably linked it felt like a bit of a disjointed read. There are lots of facts to gain from this book but I found it slow to get into and only a few things have remained in my memory. Maybe a book more for fans of his first book?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20