Profile for Bess_Wheat > Reviews

Aurora World 15643 10-Inch "Pixie Unicorno" Plush Toy
Aurora World 15643 10-Inch "Pixie Unicorno" Plush Toy

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made and cute, but pricey, 24 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You can't help but notice the similarities with the unicornos and other popular pony brands. Although my 3 year old made a very pertinent observation in that "it doesn't have a mouth". So feeding can be problematic unless you get creative and offer imaginary food for its imaginary mouth. Another issue arose at bedtime. When snuggling down with her new imaginary-mouth unicorno she accidentally poked herself in the eye with its horn. Suffice to say she has avoided nighttime cuddles and prefers it as a daytime playmate.
This is a well made and super soft toy but I can't imagine paying the advertised price for it. I would have been pretty disappointed if I had as unicorno still hasn't yet been the privileged soft toy to be taken to nursery.

Numerology Made Easy
Numerology Made Easy
by Hilary H. Carter

3.0 out of 5 stars Great intro to numbers!, 23 April 2017
This review is from: Numerology Made Easy (Paperback)
This is a small volume but full of info and easy to use instructions for working out your birth/name numbers. I liked the details given for each number that made it easy to learn something. If you have used numerology before it may be better to choose a more extensive book on the subject. But this one is perfect for a gift or to introduce someone to the subject. Although I have used numerology before I did learn a few facts I'd not come across before.

Occidentali's Karma (Radio Edit)
Occidentali's Karma (Radio Edit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top tip for eurovision 2017!, 23 April 2017
This song never fails to cheer me up! Learn it in Italian and figure out the English translation. It will make it even more enjoyable :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2017 7:03 PM BST

Baylis & Harding Pink Prosecco and Cassis Duo Diffuser Set
Baylis & Harding Pink Prosecco and Cassis Duo Diffuser Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok gift but not longlasting, 23 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These look lovely for a gift. Practically speaking though, I have had one in the bathroom for a week and don't really notice the scent anymore. At first it was a lovely smell but maybe it doesn't work too well now as the room is quite large? I like that there are two bottles in the pack but I think that I will use it in a smaller room next time and see if it helps :)

Burt's Bees Baby Bee Sweet Memories Gift Set With Keepsake Photo Box
Burt's Bees Baby Bee Sweet Memories Gift Set With Keepsake Photo Box

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice set but not sure about the box, 25 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A great range of products included here. For mothers who are concerned about exactly what they are putting on delicate baby skin this would make a nice little gift. It does look lovely all tied with a bow. The thing that lets it down overall though is the keepsake box. Which is a nice environmentally friendly feature in that you are using the packaging rather than being rid of it. However it just looks a bit shoddy. It wouldn't be very long lasting as it is not very durable. The card I found to be bent or squashed in some areas so if I had been given it as a gift I would keep the products and recycle the box.
Comment Comment | Permalink

RED WAGON Boy's Quilted Borg Knit, Grey, 5 Years
RED WAGON Boy's Quilted Borg Knit, Grey, 5 Years

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cosy hoodie, 25 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this item for my nephew but my 3 year old daughter intercepted the parcel and has taken ownership of it! She tried it on and immediately loved it. Yes it was a little long in the body but doesn't look huge so there will be growing room. I would be careful when ordering sizes though and it might be an idea to get a larger size than you would expect. The quality is great and feels well made. Perfect for chilling in the house or for the in-between seasons outdoors. One thing I noticed was that the hood seemed a little small, so maybe if she'd had the hoodie in her actual size it might have been a squeeze on her head. So maybe consider this. Overall though, a great item that will last a good few years :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Crocheting For Dummies, + Video (For Dummies (Lifestyle))
Crocheting For Dummies, + Video (For Dummies (Lifestyle))
by Karen Manthey

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of info, not many pictures, 18 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not a fan of the layout of the 'for dummies' books in general. Particularly for a creative topic, a layout that relies so heavily on text just doesn't seem to fit. There are clear Black and white diagrams of how to form the stitches but very few colour photos. I found it quite difficult to compare my crochet work with a drawing and I think more colour photos would have improved this book greatly. I also found it quite wordy and I had to really read over it again and again to get the information in my head. I felt lucky in that I had had a very little experience from many years ago, otherwise I think I would have struggled to navigate this tome. I would probably advise complete newbies to locate a more colourful simple book to start with and move on to this book to learn more complex stitches. There is a wealth of information in this book so I know I will definitely use it, I'm just not 100% convinced it is the best book for beginners, particularly as it is using the American terminology. I haven't checked the videos online as I'm sure looking at YouTube could be just as helpful. Overall, for the variety of information it is a great book but beginners may want to peruse other volumes to decide the best book for them.

Live Better and Longer
Live Better and Longer
by Michel Cymes

3.0 out of 5 stars No major revelations but a straightforward read, 17 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Live Better and Longer (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I agree with other reviewers in that there is nothing majorly new to learn. We all know the recipe to good health - fruit n veg, water, exercise and cutting out the naughty alcohol and cigarettes. However I am quite fond of the style in that it is easy to dip into and therefore apply a few changes to your lifestyle. Overall it is comforting to know that these changes can be made at any time in your life, however old you are physically, there is always time to modify your lifestyle and improve your health and wellbeing. There is only a very short resources section and a lack of research included. If you can appreciate the 'jokey' manner it is written in you might gain a few insights.

In The Shadow Of The Banyan
In The Shadow Of The Banyan
by Vaddey Ratner

3.0 out of 5 stars Moving account of personal tragedy, 22 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book tells the story of the authors experiences during a difficult time. Her peaceful life is shattered by events in her country that ultimately change her forever. This is an aspect of history I previously knew nothing about and although the political situation isn't delved into with great depth it is interesting to get an idea of the effects. I find personal accounts of such events much more emotional and moving. This is one such book even though I took a while to get into it at first.

Oxford Black n' Red A4 Matt Casebound Hardback Notebook, Ruled 192 Pages
Oxford Black n' Red A4 Matt Casebound Hardback Notebook, Ruled 192 Pages

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart note keeping, 2 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very smart A4 sized hardback book to keep important notes in. The paper is of a very high quality and feels smooth to the touch. There is a year planner at the front so if you are trying to motivate yourself this is great. This is a very smart book and if you are into journalling it would be a good choice. I think the only thing it could do with is maybe an elastic closure so that it keeps your notebook more secure and you could add in extra notes if you wanted. Overall though, a classy product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20