Profile for Miss Sara Hall > Reviews

Content by Miss Sara Hall

Miss Sara Hall (Manchester, UK)

Dailygreatness Training Journal: 12 Weeks to a Rocking Fit Body and Mind
Dailygreatness Training Journal: 12 Weeks to a Rocking Fit Body and Mind
by Lyndelle Palmer Clarke
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 July 2015
I love it. Really makes me think about life more positively :-D highly recommended.

Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband
Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband
Price: £97.75 - £241.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Charge HR!, 5 Mar. 2015
I love my Charge HR- it makes me walk more and so now I am succeeding in losing weight! The dashboard online and on the app are brilliant and I am obsessed with checking it. The battery life isn't bad- I get about 3 days of constant use/syncing/ checking. It only takes an hour and a bit to charge to full again.

I found the HR function to be fairly accurate compared with chest HR monitors and the gym machine HR monitors.
I use it alongside Endomondo which gives me a training plan and uses GPS to map my route. However the Fitbit App has a run mapping capability but I have never used it so can't comment. I also use myfitnesspal to log food and I found that these 3 apps talk to each other and sometimes I get a weird loop happening- If I do a workout on endomondo it will tell myfitnesspal and fitbit but then myfitnesspal will tell fitbit too, so I end up with 2 workouts the same. I don't want to disconnect any of these and so I will just have to be careful and delete extra workouts.

My only con is that I have a terrible rash from the strap! At first just a spot or two and then I itched it, then more spots all over my wrist that weeped and burned! It hurt so much! I blame myself for this because- Fitbit warns you to swap wrists/position on wrists(high/low) and to clean it well often. I ignored this advice, and even when I got a few spots I left it on in the same place. Eventually I had to swap arms and put a bandage on my wrist as it was really swollen. I also haven't washed it often- which is gross considering I wear it 24/7 and through sweaty workouts. I have sensitive skin as it is, and always have had sweaty rashes. My advice is to swap arms every 2 days, move it up the arm and down the wrist, don't wear it too tight. Wash your skin and the fitbit well often, and to give yourself a break- maybe at night, or maybe when you are sat down for an hour or too. Follow this advice and you should be fine- as I am now. I've had no new rashes in a week and my old one is starting to fade.

I have only had my fitbit 3 weeks and I love it, would definitely recommend it (I spent so long deciding because of the cost). Really if it lasts a few years I value the benefit of losing weight over the cost of the fitbit.

I have rated 5* because I love it, highly recommend and I blame the rash on my own idiocy.

(Ps- photo is my wrist which has almost completely recovered from the rash)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Garmin eTrex 30 Handheld GPS with TOPO UK, Ireland Light Map, Compass and Barometric Altimeter
Offered by SEDIVA UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 29 April 2014
I have had this GPS for 3 weeks now and so it is still new- I am aware problems may arise. I have used it 10 times for geocaching and find it easy and very straightforward to use. Once reading a quick guide it has intuitive controls and is easy to link with your computer, base camp software and geocaching.com. The garmin communicator allows easy downloads of geocaches. I love that you can record and save different routes, and get data such as distance, speed, height climbed etc. My boyfriend and I were having great fun seeing how fast we can run with the 'top speed' stat.
I have also dropped it a few times and it is sturdy. Also, having used it for ~16 hours- batteries still appear full, even though mine aren't duracell! Highly recommended.