Profile for Old Surbitonian > Reviews

Content by Old Surbitonian

Old Surbitonian (Leeds UK)

Peradix Cookware & Tableware Dishes Set Toys 26pc
Peradix Cookware & Tableware Dishes Set Toys 26pc
Offered by Peradix

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jan. 2017
Good quality delivered promptly

Merrell, Men's Lace-Up Shoes - Gunsmoke
Merrell, Men's Lace-Up Shoes - Gunsmoke

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Oct. 2011
Arrived on time - just as ordered and expected. I hope they last as long as the ones they are replacing. Good service

The Balkans, 1804-1999: Nationalism, War and the Great Powers
The Balkans, 1804-1999: Nationalism, War and the Great Powers
by Misha Glenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 25 Sept. 2010
After several cruises round the Adriatc / Aegean region and with memories of the descent of the former Yugoslavia into chaos within living memory I was intrigued by the history of the region. This book encapsulates it perfectly.

A Life Like Other People's
A Life Like Other People's
by Alan Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, 26 Jun. 2010
I didn't realise that this book was extracted from Bennett's "Untold stories" until I received it. As I had read that and enjoyed the former immensely when it was published in 2005 I felt rather disappointed.

It was worth re-reading even though I had a copy of the original on shelves a few feet away. I blame the reviewer in the Yorkshire Evening Post who did't say (or notice) that the work wasn't original. Partly my own fault as well for not checking carefully before I bought it.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2016 4:54 PM BST