Profile for daz10 > Reviews

Content by daz10

daz10

DURAGADGET Black Hard Case Cover Sleeve With Internal Accessories Pouch For Asus Trasformer Book T100TA, Asus MEMO PAD 10, Asus Transformer Pad TF701T, Transformer Infinity & Transformer Pad Prime
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection for your Transformer, 5 Nov. 2014
Tough and Rugged. Fits the Asus Transformer T100T (with it's keyboard attached) perfectly- no slack. Slim storage in lid for usb charging cable and a memory card or two.
While I haven't dropped it (yet) I would expect it to provide good protection. Looks good too!
I often open the case but leave the Transformer in the base of the case, open it up and start using it. It helps to keep it steady and by hitching the rear of the keyboard onto the rear lip of the base it angles the keyboard nicely.
Only criticism I would have is the elastic strap with 'velcro' fastening used to keep the tablet in place while you open it up feels a bit cheap- does the job though.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Have 5R will buy, 5 Nov. 2014
Brilliant bit of kit. Good quality build. Made of plastic but that means it's lightweight.
Slick and quick, one thumb flick open & two thumb collapse action. It clips onto the screen (top and bottom) and fits NEX 5R perfectly, even allows the screen to rotate freely.
While it doesn't eliminate all reflections as a hood/eye cup would it is much slimmer when collapsed, it almost looks part of the camera and also serves as protection for the screen.
Would highly recommend if you have the 5R.

0.6mm 63/37 Rosin Core Flux 1.2% Tin Lead Roll Soldering Solder Wire
0.6mm 63/37 Rosin Core Flux 1.2% Tin Lead Roll Soldering Solder Wire

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price but no English markings on product, 10 Sept. 2013
There are only Chinese markings on this reel so I can't be sure it meets any British or international standards.
The only markings I can read are DIA 0.6mm & LFLUX 1.2%.
No info about Tin/Lead content but considering it is of small diameter the melting point with a chisel solder tip was surprisingly high.
Make of that as you will.

BSP 10AWG 10 AWG Silicone Wire 50cm 500mm Red Black & Red
BSP 10AWG 10 AWG Silicone Wire 50cm 500mm Red Black & Red
Offered by blacksmithproducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, Very fast delivery, 10 Sept. 2013
Great quality, marked cable. Ordered 4x 50cm and received one length of 2 meters. They only charged me for one lot of p&p too :)

BSP 12AWG 12 AWG Silicone Wire 50cm 500mm Red Black & Red
BSP 12AWG 12 AWG Silicone Wire 50cm 500mm Red Black & Red
Offered by blacksmithproducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality wire, Very fast delivery., 10 Sept. 2013

AA L Plates Magnetic (1 Pair)
AA L Plates Magnetic (1 Pair)
Offered by MACnificent

2.0 out of 5 stars Not such great quality but cheap!, 15 Dec. 2010
Ok I'm a driving instructor so I know a thing or two about L plates!

Firstly I find variations in the design between sellers/suppliers. But all L plates are legally required to meet strict dimensions and must be red (a set I bought from a well known DIY chain were not legal).

As the cold weather arrives I find fully magnetic L plates fly off the car more readily-the bonnet of my car is curved and there is no other place at the front of the vehicle to put them.
But you can do something to improve adhesion. You need the surface of the L plate and the paintwork clean.
Yes warming them up before you apply them helps- warm water or stick them to the radiator in the house!(a warm bonnet helps-would your hairdryer reach?) ;)
Also a little moisture behind helps them stick but not for long periods- it's not good for the paintwork.

Ok so here's my opinion of these AA plates:

They are legal (although they are slightly pale red).

They are cheap.

They arrived quickly.

But they don't seem good quality!
I usually buy from Halfords but when my old pair had faded I decided to try these.

I bought them at the end of September while it was still warm and they did not lay flat from the start.
I lost 2 pairs within days and at relatively low speeds!
They are made from a different, thinner material to the Halfords plates, they don't form with the shape of the bonnet and even curl up!
I've resorted to using them on the rear of the car only now (gone back to the expensive Halfords plates on the front).
I'm guessing the extra wieght, thickness (therefore magnetism) and different material help the Halfords plates adhere better. The Halfords plates usually stay on at 70mph on the dual carriageway!

So unless I bought a bad batch of plates I don't know how the other reviewers have given them such high ratings.