Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now
Profile for Shrews_Tyke > Reviews

Content by Shrews_Tyke

Shrews_Tyke (Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Atom Heart Mother [Discovery Edition, digipak]
Atom Heart Mother [Discovery Edition, digipak]

2.0 out of 5 stars Make your own mind up., 13 Aug. 2016
This is not classic Floyd in the wAy that you might expect, it's pretentious in parts not just in the title track but also in Alan's Psychadelic breakfast, bizarre at best but weird at worst. There are high points but not many, the first 3 tracks on side 2, If, Summer 68 and Fat Ild Sun along with moments from the title track are well worth listening to but overall they could have done better. Just so that you know, I bought the vanilla version before CDs were invented.

Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton
Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton

5.0 out of 5 stars Eric's Blues, 15 Jun. 2016
I had never heard this legendary album until I bought it, but had heard so much about it I thought I'd take the plunge. This is a double CD with the original album on it twice, once in mono and again in stereo, the second CD is lots of live recordings and other stuff. Eric Clapton plays superbly throughout the whole 2 CDs, but then again so do the rest of the band. Probably an essential for any blues fan, there aren't many English blues records to match this.

Flying Scotsman Steam Train Cufflinks By Hoardersworld in Fine English Pewter, Gift Boxed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, good price., 15 Jun. 2016
Well made and detailed cufflinks, they are larger than I thought they would be but that's not a bad thing. The only drawback is that as they are made of pewter, when I wore them with a white shirt I had a grey mark on one of the cuffs where they had rubbed. I should probably have given them a rub with a cloth before wearing them, who cares they looked good and I like them.

Pioneer A-20-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black
Pioneer A-20-K 50W Stereo Amplifier - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good amp for the price., 15 Jun. 2016
Great sound, plenty of power, good price. Coupled this to a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers and the sound is nicely rounded, with warm tones across the full spectrum. What I didn't realise when I ordered this is that it and the speakers can be double wired for even better sound, not got round to trying it but will sometime.

Obscured By Clouds [Discovery Edition]
Obscured By Clouds [Discovery Edition]

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their finest moment, 15 Jun. 2016
I bought this to fill a gap in my Pink Floyd collection as I'd never owned it, I remember now why I didn't bother in the past. It's not a bad album it's just not great, the songs are OK but nothing memorable. There isn't a song on it that would make me put it back on again to through the whole album until it played again.

Boston 1981
Boston 1981

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent live performance from Mr B., 15 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Boston 1981 (Audio CD)
Joe Lynn Turner wasn't everyone's favourite singer in Rainbow but he delivers a first rate performance here. Ritchie as ever is excellent, Don Airey provides the magic on the keys and Roger Glover and Bobby Rondinelli are a tight rhythm section. I prefer this to the recently released Donington set, the sound is clearer and the overall performance is better.

Still Got The Blues
Still Got The Blues

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Blues, 15 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Still Got The Blues (Audio CD)
Gary Moore playing the blues what more can you want? Most of this is topnotch stuff, but there are a couple of tracks that aren't quite as good as the rest but for the price it was a bargain.

Original Album Series
Original Album Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another no frills bargain., 15 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
5 albums for £12, what a bargain. I have an original vinyl copy of Blues Obituary which on its own is worth more than this set but this contains so much more. Tony McPhee is a much underrated songwriter and guitarist, his voice is an acquired taste but he writes songs that suit it. I have enjoyed re-acquainting myself with old favourites and hearing stuff that I missed out on in the 70s and 80s. It may sound slightly dated but then so am I and The Groundhogs play the type of stuff I like, good unpretentious rock music. There are no bonus tracks on these releases but then again who wants to listen to endless 2nd rate outtakes?

WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 10.1 SPEAKERS (PAIR) (ROSEWOOD)
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 10.1 SPEAKERS (PAIR) (ROSEWOOD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound at a good price., 15 Jun. 2016
I bought these as a present for my son paired with a Pioneer A-20-K amp and they sound great, I was expecting them to be good but they are far better than I expected. They give full rich tones across the whole spectrum, the high notes are clear and precise whilst the bottom end is rounded and meaty. They can be turned up loud without any loss of clarity or distortion, the first time we used them we didn't realise how loud they were as the sound was clear without sounding forced. For the price I think that you would be hard pushed to find better.

Victorious
Victorious

4.0 out of 5 stars Wolfmother reborn., 26 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Victorious (Audio CD)
Another excellent album from Andrew Stockdale with his latest set of band mates.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8