Profile for MasterOfNinja > Reviews

Content by MasterOfNinja

MasterOfNinja

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
USB Type C To USB Cable, CHOETECH 3.3ft(1m) Hi-speed Type A to Type C (USB C to USB A) Cable for Galaxy Note 7, LG G5, Lumia 950xl/950, Nexus 5x/6p, OnePlus 3, and Other Type-C Supported Devices
Offered by CHOETECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Good data transfer cable., 3 Aug. 2016
I ordered this to connect to my apple TV to sideload apps, and it works well and as expected. not having used USB C, the other end is a tight fit, but not sure if this is expected. I have no complaints about the cable. The only thing I can't vouch for is the power charging capabilities - I am well aware the many USB C cables aren't up to spec for power charging, and there is no way for me to comment about this on the CHOE technology cable.

Komputerbay 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR2 DIMM (240 PIN) 800Mhz PC2 6400 / PC2 6300
Komputerbay 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR2 DIMM (240 PIN) 800Mhz PC2 6400 / PC2 6300
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable DDR2 memory, 20 July 2016
Great product - needed to find DDR2 (rather than more common DDR3) memory, and had to search around to find a good seller. The Komputerbay memory was sent quickly and works perfectly. No problems.

3M Command Sawtooth Picture Hangers White 3 Hooks & 6 Strips
3M Command Sawtooth Picture Hangers White 3 Hooks & 6 Strips
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product if can't make permanent alteration to walls, 18 July 2016
I'm a big fan of the 3M command series. If you can't make alterations to walls this functions as an effective replacement. I've not really had problems with this or any other command product. As long as you follow the instructions for the types of walls, and maximum weight there should be no problem at all with this.

Newly Refurbished Encore Dell Dual Core PC Bundle with Microsoft Windows 7 and WIFI - 17" Monitor - New Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse and 1 Year Warranty ...
Offered by Stone Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value - these refurbished machines are excellent, 22 May 2016
I would highly recommend getting one of these computers for the price. Most computers bought new nowadays are overpowered if all you need is word processing, email and internet. So a old refurbished computer for £65 was quite a nice bargain for me, including the monitor, mouse and keyboard. Most 7-8 year computers should do the basics easily. If you're looking for games or video editing I would look elsewhere, but for most people this should be fine.

I think Encore has a base specification of PC they send you, but you could other types that they need to refurbish. I got a Dell Optiplex 760 with 2GB RAM. This has the nice option of upgrading to 8GB of RAM which I have done. Microsoft are also currently providing a free upgrade to windows 10. The nice surprise was that this Dell machine has 2 video outputs as standard: one VGA and one displayport. I've easily managed to get two screens without having to spend money for another video card.

I'm happy with what I've got for the price I've paid, for a productivity machine. The only other planned upgrade is a SSD, but to be honest with 8GB of RAM, the machine is fast enough for me at the moment.

Ugreen Displayport DP to DVI Dual Link Video Cable HD 1080P Gold Plated with Latches Connecting Your Graphics Cards/ PC Monitor to HDTVs, Projectors, Displays 10ft/ 3M
Offered by UGREEN GROUP LIMITED UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 22 May 2016
It's a video connector. Not much else to say. Quick delivery. Does what is say on the package. Outputs from DisplayPort on the computer to DVI. No problems with it so far.

SKORCH Dry Bag Premium Quality Backpacks Picnic, Kayaking, Boating, Sailing, Scuba Diving, Skiing, Swimming, Paddle Boarding or Camping, Single Black Adjustable Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been looking for a good dry bag, 16 Dec. 2015
I've been looking for a good dry bag. It was quite intriguing to read the previous reviews, as some "dry bags" aren't really dry bags at all. The SKORCH dry bag has worked well for me, and really actually works to keep my laptop dry in my bag, on those days its so rainy that it threatens to soak through my backpack. The size is a bit smaller than I thought (no idea what 10L actually was), but is big enough to fit a laptop. Recommend getting this. Would warn to not cheap out if you want a proper dry bag.

All You Need Is Kill
All You Need Is Kill

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sci-fi short story, 24 Oct. 2012
With not a lot of time to read books, I do like interesting topics. All You Need Is Kill is an excellent short story, based on a sci-fi war where the protagonist relives the same day over and over, with an interesting twist. Excellent book to read in a few hours or on travel. I read it all in one go and loved it. Recommend.

Bush At War (Bush at War Part 1)
Bush At War (Bush at War Part 1)
by Bob Woodward

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written insight into how the US Presidency worked post-911, 13 Aug. 2012
This book is a well written insight how things functioned immediately before, and straight after 11th September 2011 when the USA planned to retaliate against Al Qaeda and the taliban. The author had good access to the Bush cabinet as well as Bush himself to get good accounts of what was said, and what happened. It gives you a good taste of how running the country and planning a war can be difficult. The book is a litte short and can sometimes be light on detail, but is a good journalistic account of the time.

Gear4 Black Ice Hard Plastic Case for iPhone 4 4S IC402
Gear4 Black Ice Hard Plastic Case for iPhone 4 4S IC402
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all round protection with additional front screen cover, 4 Jun. 2012
It took me a long while to settle on a case for my iPhone 3 and I went through a lot of cases. So when I got an iPhone 4 I was worried I would have problems with finding a case. Thankfully I got this case straight away and there have been no problems. This is a snap on case where you put the iphone between the layers. The ends clip on securely and have not slipped off. There are areas on the shell which are empty for the camera/charger port/buttons etc. for easy access. The shell itself has a built in screen protector (so no more stick on layers). The shell is quite durable and the phone has survived a few drops already. I haven't found any faults. Highly recommend for a new iphone 4/4s case.

Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power
Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power
by Rachel Maddow

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing book on how separating military from civilian life has caused problems with US military power, 3 Jun. 2012
I read this book as I had nothing to do during the holiday - however I do recommend reading this as it has an interesting central idea: namely that the US has been moving to separate civilian life from 'martial life' which has caused problems in a wider range of US politics. Without going into too much detail it spends a bit of time coming from the US constitution how all wars should be fought with civilians to allow the people to know what they are fighting for (loosely paraphrased). It spends a bit of time showing how various legal manoeuvres have ensured that civilians are not involved in understanding what the military does any more so that they are not involved in what is presented as major policy issues.

It gives a summary of why this has happened, and it shows the rise of private military contractors. The methods that successive US presidents have used to unilaterally declare war, or even what it sounds like illegally or clandestinely conduct 'wars' is quite scary. The descriptions of the private contractors as worrying suggesting that the US can "outsource" the war without taking responsibility, and there is sections suggesting that these contractors are immune from laws, and seem to not actively help the military but also contribute to sexual slavery if not outright paedophilia.

I'm not sure what the only other current review that is 1 star is on about because it doesn't even seem to review the central thesis of this book. I would state that it is better to actually read the book (lend it from a library if you need to) than fall into the right wing/left wing trap.

The argument seems to be well written down, and seems to suggest that the US needs to connect their people again with the idea of war so that wars are waged for the right reasons and everyone is behind it rather than paying mercenaries to wage war by proxy.

I highly recommend this interesting book to read. It is at least thought provoking even if you do not agree with its idea.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 9:25 PM BST