Profile for Verity > Reviews

Content by Verity

Verity "His child" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
A Most Careless Death
A Most Careless Death

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!, 7 Nov. 2016
A riveting plot which brings us into politics and mysteries that are very much of 'today'. Very cleverly put together and hard to believe that this is the author's first book. A book which is very hard to put down. I read it in one sitting! Excellent and well done!

From Rug-Rats to Riches: Autobiography of a Lazy Cow
From Rug-Rats to Riches: Autobiography of a Lazy Cow

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!!, 10 May 2015
I can't wait to see the premiere of her film in Wolverhampton in October!! I haven't laughed so much for years.

Discerning and Defeating the Ahab Spirit: The Key to Breaking Free from Jezebel
Discerning and Defeating the Ahab Spirit: The Key to Breaking Free from Jezebel

5.0 out of 5 stars Discerning and Defeating the Ahab spirit, 6 April 2015
Every Believer should read this book. Written in an easy to understand way the author explains behaviours that are common to many and yet unconquered. He offers the keys to the door of victory.

Still Alice
Still Alice

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivetting, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Still Alice (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put this book down. I suspect my husband has onset and Still Alice has been so enlightening. I cried towards the end. It was very emotional - my opinion.

Luck? Or Divine Intervention? Life is a Lottery (Lottery, Lottery Winner, Lottery Wins, Lottery Winning, Supernatural, Divine Interventions)

1.0 out of 5 stars Makes Self Publishing a laughing stock!, 18 Feb. 2015
I have to agree with ALD. Having only read the introduction I wouldn't waste my small amount of money on such trash. It is self publishing of this nature which brings the whole process into disrepute, denying good writers the opportunity of good publicity from self publishing. This book makes Self Publishing a laughing stock.
As for the good reviews? I suggest that they have been made either by friends, family and clients; or, perhaps some from White Dee Street.
Another suggestion would be for the 'author' to invest some of her winnings in education.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, sound advice, 29 Dec. 2013
Yes. I found it a bit hard going to begin with but most definitely worth reading all the way through. It's worked for me and I no longer want to drink alcohol. I also feel inspired to be more healthy and eat properly. Thank you. I want to give it more stars but the computer won't allow.

Settling the Account (Promises to Keep Book 3)
Settling the Account (Promises to Keep Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Settling the Account, 10 Mar. 2013
I just couldn't stop reading. I wanted justice to be done for Amy. I have cried at the dreadful injustices done to this child and woman but so relieved that she is rewarded in the end.

The Lost Books of the Bible (Dover Value Editions)
The Lost Books of the Bible (Dover Value Editions)
by William Hone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating revelation, 8 Feb. 2011
I cannot put the book down. To read all about Jesus' childhood and how G-d's power was upon the child from birth - to read how Mary (referred to as Lady Mary) ministered to the sick whilst nursing Him was amazing revelation. Wonderful!

A Cry from the Streets [DVD]
A Cry from the Streets [DVD]
Dvd ~ Max Bygraves
Offered by adfilms

3.0 out of 5 stars sad, 8 Feb. 2011
This review is from: A Cry from the Streets [DVD] (DVD)
It was interesting to see how we have moved on since this film was made. How, for instance, the taxi driver was able to drop children off alone at a lonely place for them to run into a wood. How Max Bygrave's was able to drive a load of kids in the back of his car without seat belts. But the story, for me, was too cruel and sad to watch so I didn't see the end!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2016 6:49 PM BST

Nag Hammadi Library in English: The Definitive Translation of the Gnostic Scriptures. Complete in One Volume
by James Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly informative, 12 Sept. 2010
This is my second purchase - I gave the first one away. Its full of information which we need to know and don't seem to get elsewhere.

Page: 1 | 2