Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Foo Fighters Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Mrs. Rhonda A. Ridge > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Rhonda A....

Mrs. Rhonda A. Ridge "superwoman" (Hampshire, UK)

Hama PC Headset "hs-440", Black, Stereo
Hama PC Headset "hs-440", Black, Stereo

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable product, 23 Sept. 2016
Lasted 4 months!

Logitech USB Marble Mouse
Logitech USB Marble Mouse
Offered by amy's Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars No more wrist pain..., 28 Dec. 2009
I had pain in my wrist from mousing that I cured several years ago with a Logitech Trackball. It then broke and I went back to a mouse. The pain stayed away for about a year but came back so I bought this and within a week or so all pain gone. Once you are used to using one of these it feels so natural. Wonderful to be able to lift saucepans again!!

Nespresso Lattissima by De'Longhi EN680, Satin Chrome
Nespresso Lattissima by De'Longhi EN680, Satin Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Homemade Lattes with the minimum of fuss!, 4 July 2008
I have used cafetieres, filter machines and before buying my Lattissima I had a Gaggia Classic. The Gaggia is a lovely machine for dedicated espresso drinkers but whilst the frother is excellent if you need to make a lot of coffees at one time it is a slow and laborious task. The reason for this is that there is only one heating block and so you either make all the espressos before frothing the milk or you do them one at a time. The first means you get cold coffee if you are doing more than 2 and the second way means you wait about 5 minutes between each coffee as the heater has to cool down after frothing milk before another espresso can be made.

Having struggled with this for a couple of years (I entertain often and always seem to need about 10 coffees at a time) I started looking into another solution. I realised the solution was a coffee maker with 2 heating blocks. I looked at a Kitchenaid machine. Very expensive but a friend has one and it makes lovely coffee. However I had started using pods in the Gaggia and loved the lack of mess.

I was aware of the Nespresso machines but only really took notice when I realised they had released a version that had a milk frothing function that was different from all the others.

I spent a long time researching it and in the end decided to retire the Gaggia and take the plunge! How glad am I? I cannot praise this machine highly enough. Lattes, cappucinos, espressos, lungos. Whatever you want in an almost constant stream with virtually no waiting in between.

I don't think the pods are that much more expensive than the ones I was buying for my Gaggia and for the conveneince they are absolutely worth it. I now only keep a jar of instant for the builders!

I often make 12 coffees in a row and get to sit down and drink mine before the first person receiving their coffee has finished theirs!

Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book
Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book
by Ben R. Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars Best out of 3 books purchased, 3 July 2008
After buying my Cuisinart Professional Ice Cream maker I ordered three books from Amazon to help me in creating ice cream to die for!

I find that the Ben & Jerry's book is the one I use the most. I was initially put off by the use of raw eggs rather than a traditional custard base but realised that as ice cream is frozen it is not the same as using raw eggs in say a mousse or mayonnaise.

The method for making the most of the ice creams is very quick - no waiting around to chill cooked custard. I find that I can reduce the quantity of sugar slightly in the recipes with no effect on the results.

Lastly the texture of the ice cream after being hardened in the freezer for a little while is the better than the recipes in my other books.

I think this is a worthwhile purchase for anyone making an ice cream maker as Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Das and Green & Blacks ice creams are probably what you are tring to recreate.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2016 4:24 PM GMT

Cuisinart Professional Ice Cream Maker
Cuisinart Professional Ice Cream Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with the Cuisinart, 3 July 2008
I chose this ice cream maker over the Gaggia and Magimix ones because :-

1) Looks - Strudy, retro design that co-ordinates with my existing gadgets and if it needs to live on your worktop this is important. (To me anyway!)

2) No need for alcohol to help the freezing process. I still cannot beleive that after paying nearly £300 for the others you need to 'feed' it with alcohol to help it freeze!

3) Capacity - seems to make double the quantity of the other 2.

4) Price - unbeleivably (given the above) up to about £50 cheaper depending on where you buy! I'd have still bought it if it had been the same price.

My machine is hardly ever off (family now fondly calls it 'the tractor'). Yes a little noisy but so so worth it. I bought 3 books from Amazon but find I like the Ben & Jerry's book the best.

Fresh strawberry ice cream and sorbet is like nothing I have ever tasted before. I have a son who is lactose intolerant and have been able to produce delicious sorbets and dairy free ice creams (using coconut cream and milk). I havent had to buy any ice cream at all since having the machine and given I have a family that would eat it for breakfast, lunch and tea if I let them it is so nice to know that what they are eating it chemical free!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2009 8:44 AM GMT

Remington S8100 Wet 2 Straight Slim Hair Straightener
Remington S8100 Wet 2 Straight Slim Hair Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Feb. 2005
I have wiry coarse hair. I had given up on ceramic straighteners as my hair is so thick that once blow dried using straighteners took hours. Even my hairdresser struggled. These are brilliant. As you use them whilst your hair is wet you are able to section the hair much more easily. You need to use with a comb as once the hair has passed through it is too hot to hold to reposition for the next pass on the same section. My hair is smoother and straighter than I have ever known it. Lasts till the next wash. Worth every penny.